X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH3JUICEMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah that thing has been awesome. I actually like the fact it lets you know if you are doing a 5 star performance. And those 10 minute ones have been killing me and I just completed my first card this morning. Depending on the time I have I may give one of those 30 minute ones a shot but usually the 10 minute ones give me the nice burn and I can get them in easier.

Also like how you can compare your monthly total against others in your age group and ones on your friend list. You are beating me with like 54K score while I am only at 39K. But I think those things are helping me push myself harder which is going to be good for me because I always lacked the drive to push myself.
    Yeah the 54K is my monthly total, just from the Jillian Michaels workout. I think last month I had like 250K. It's defineltly good motivation, that and the instant feedback and start ratings.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    I've been doing the 10 minute abs workout quite a bit on there. I think I'm on my 3rd Fitness card, no longer a newbie.

I did the Jillian Michaels 30 min "Ripped and Shred" or something like that on Wednesday, kicked my butt!!!! My legs are still sore! I work at a University and the Rec Center was closed over break so I got to use the Xbox Fitness quite a bit.

A good cardio workout on their is a new one they added, think it is by a group called "Mossi", it is a 35 min or so mma style cardio workout, lots of punches and kicks. I've done it a couple times over the last two weeks, I like it.

I never thought achievements could be so rewarding lol. I got one the other day called the "Flamingo", basically balanced on one leg for one minute.
    Yeah that thing has been awesome. I actually like the fact it lets you know if you are doing a 5 star performance. And those 10 minute ones have been killing me and I just completed my first card this morning. Depending on the time I have I may give one of those 30 minute ones a shot but usually the 10 minute ones give me the nice burn and I can get them in easier.

Also like how you can compare your monthly total against others in your age group and ones on your friend list. You are beating me with like 54K score while I am only at 39K. But I think those things are helping me push myself harder which is going to be good for me because I always lacked the drive to push myself.

Leave a comment:

• TH3JUICEMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    So since I failed this the first go around I figured I would try again with my new years resolution. Some how I'm 5 pounds lighter than when I tried this last time so that is a plus lol. But I figured I would go with the slower method and not try killing myself. Figured that would be easier, so I'm just using the 10 minute workouts on the Xbox fitness and since it gives me a score and lets me know how good I'm doing it helps push me to beat the score so that is always a plus.

So weight as of the first of the year.

Height

6'2"

aiming for 200 by the end of the year.
    I've been doing the 10 minute abs workout quite a bit on there. I think I'm on my 3rd Fitness card, no longer a newbie.

I did the Jillian Michaels 30 min "Ripped and Shred" or something like that on Wednesday, kicked my butt!!!! My legs are still sore! I work at a University and the Rec Center was closed over break so I got to use the Xbox Fitness quite a bit.

A good cardio workout on their is a new one they added, think it is by a group called "Mossi", it is a 35 min or so mma style cardio workout, lots of punches and kicks. I've done it a couple times over the last two weeks, I like it.

I never thought achievements could be so rewarding lol. I got one the other day called the "Flamingo", basically balanced on one leg for one minute.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    So since I failed this the first go around I figured I would try again with my new years resolution. Some how I'm 5 pounds lighter than when I tried this last time so that is a plus lol. But I figured I would go with the slower method and not try killing myself. Figured that would be easier, so I'm just using the 10 minute workouts on the Xbox fitness and since it gives me a score and lets me know how good I'm doing it helps push me to beat the score so that is always a plus.

So weight as of the first of the year.

Height

6'2"

aiming for 200 by the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    So in just a matter of 1 week I go from 173 to 178 during the holidays. It's crazy how fast I can gain weight (but I realize I can lose it just as fast with enough effort).

What sucks is that the blame is completely on me and am pretty sure on Christmas I ate an entire pie to myself. I barely drank any water and exercised. Basically everything I was giving tips on I did not do.

So now starting the new year I'm putting my ass back into action. Just ran 3 miles and did weights and yesterday I ran 3 also.

It's time to put that new years resolution of being healthy to the test! Everyone lets get off our butts and do something about it!
    I blame the others in the household who don't share in eating the pie….

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    So in just a matter of 1 week I go from 173 to 178 during the holidays. It's crazy how fast I can gain weight (but I realize I can lose it just as fast with enough effort).

What sucks is that the blame is completely on me and am pretty sure on Christmas I ate an entire pie to myself. I barely drank any water and exercised. Basically everything I was giving tips on I did not do.

So now starting the new year I'm putting my ass back into action. Just ran 3 miles and did weights and yesterday I ran 3 also.

It's time to put that new years resolution of being healthy to the test! Everyone lets get off our butts and do something about it!

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Does anyone use a calorie counter? I jusr installed MyFitnessPal on my phone. It looks legit. It asked for height, weight, and sex. It also asked for goal weight and how much I wanted to lose a week.

So far it has given me a 2060 calorie limit a day to reach my goal.

Also, does anyone have some healthy dinner choices I could whip up?
    Do you eat fish?

We had fish tacos topped with chopped salad (minus 2/3rds of the dressing) on thin yellow corn tortillas. Served it with brown mexican rice and black beans.

I think two tacos and the rice/beans came out to around 400 calories. I used salmon but not a ton of it. Most use tilapia which isn't calorie heavy or fatty at all. I do like the omega-3 benefits of the Salmon better too.

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    Welcome too all! I'd make sure you weigh in before going out for festivities. I'm limiting myself to two bourbons tonight, and staying in with Mrs. 100% and 50% x2

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    Does anyone use a calorie counter? I jusr installed MyFitnessPal on my phone. It looks legit. It asked for height, weight, and sex. It also asked for goal weight and how much I wanted to lose a week.

I use MyFitnessPal too. Honestly, I need to do a better job with it.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    I never saw this, and I love it!

I will start here and continue through the dead line. I want this as a life style change. So here are my "stats"

I am a 6'4" male that weighs in at 265lbs. My goal weight is around 225lbs, but I would love to be around 210lbs. I was around 200lbs when I got out of basic training from the Air Force, so I know it is doable. I have already started to change my lunch eating habbits and I have started to drink Muscle Milk for breakfast suppliment. My plan is to snack on prezels and fruit inbetween my meals. My wife does a lot of home cooking and doesnt really want to join me yet as she is pregnant and already all flustered. So portion control is going to be key for me.

Thanks again for this little game, and here we go!
    Weclome Flowda!

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    I never saw this, and I love it!

I will start here and continue through the dead line. I want this as a life style change. So here are my "stats"

I am a 6'4" male that weighs in at 265lbs. My goal weight is around 225lbs, but I would love to be around 210lbs. I was around 200lbs when I got out of basic training from the Air Force, so I know it is doable. I have already started to change my lunch eating habbits and I have started to drink Muscle Milk for breakfast suppliment. My plan is to snack on prezels and fruit inbetween my meals. My wife does a lot of home cooking and doesnt really want to join me yet as she is pregnant and already all flustered. So portion control is going to be key for me.

Thanks again for this little game, and here we go!

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    It is really about some common sense decisions. A few years ago I was well-studied on this and here are a few basics.

No need to buy anything specialized, but here is an easy economical way that will get results.

Eliminate two things from your diet: white flour and sugar-- tougher than you may think.

Portion your meals in reverse; meaning, eat a bigger breakfast, a moderate lunch, and a smaller dinner.

Eat breakfast within 30-minutes to jump-start your metabolism. Eggs and oatmeal are perfect. You have to do this. It is all about controlling your metabolism.

Eat 3- protein snacks. I kept hard-boiled eggs in the refrigerator and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese at night before bed took hunger pains away and I slept great.

Have one cheat day a week and eat what you want. Eating satisfying foods sends signals to your brain everything is 'A-OK' and it will get you out of survival mode. You will lose weight faster with one cheat day as your body will not fight the weight loss.

Exercise daily for 10-15 minutes so you get that warm feeling and begin to sweat. This is when your metabolism is fired up-- which is what you want. I did it at home by running in place and dropping for 5 push-ups every 60-seconds, start with 10-burpees, rest one minute, then do 9 and repeat down to one. The point is that you can use whatever space you have at home and not have to worry about looking out of shape. I thought I would be self-conscious at a gym; but in my basement I could look stupid and out of shape and not feel as if everyone was looking at what a dork I looked like exercising. Use what you got.

I lost 50-pounds and had abs after about 6-7-months or so. I ate when I was hungry, but made good choices with foods that would fill me. Protein is the key. Fruit is expensive and does not fill you. You can take a vitamin for whatever nutrients are in them. Baked potatoes were good. I put salsa on them and salads. Whatever meat I had for dinner, I would leave a little behind and put it on a salad for the following day's lunch.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Rancid; 12-26-2013, 07:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Dieting

I did a quick scan and didnt see anything, so if there is another thread already just throw this in it.

I am starting to eat better and try and lose some weight. I am about to turn 30 and want to be healthier. I will be starting at a gym here after New Years. I wanted to wait until I knew I was done eating all of this holiday food

I never eat breakfast. This is why I started this thread. My co-workers drink Muscle Milk and eat a fruit for breakfast. Does anyone know much about Muscle Milk? Is it a meal replacement?

Also, what are some good healthy meals to eat? I am looking for budget friendly stuff as I am of average finacial standing with a family to provide for. What are some meal plans that work for losing weight? I would like to slowly change my "eat whatever I want" life style as I feel unhealthy and older. I want to get into shape! Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    How is everyone doing? Keep pushing. Drink lots of water!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X