• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
    What is CKD?

Never mind. Just looked it up.
    cyclical ketogenic diet

Not Chronic Kidney Disease diet

Just in case anything for kidney disease showed up cause thats the first thing that pops up with i search CKD lol

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
      cyclical ketogenic diet

Not Chronic Kidney Disease diet

Just in case anything for kidney disease showed up cause thats the first thing that pops up with i search CKD lol
      Yeah I read the bodybuilding.com article. Actually considering it. I'm just not too sure on the whole lethargic phase even though it's temporary.

Obviously the metabolic switch is a huge benefit. I'm past that point where weight loss is a goal. Lean mass and muscle building are. I'm fairly lucky in that I'm able to drop weight and increase muscle pretty quickly.

Comment

Am I the only person that doesn't take supplements? Well beside Gatoride's Protein shakes.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
          Yeah I read the bodybuilding.com article. Actually considering it. I'm just not too sure on the whole lethargic phase even though it's temporary.

Obviously the metabolic switch is a huge benefit. I'm past that point where weight loss is a goal. Lean mass and muscle building are. I'm fairly lucky in that I'm able to drop weight and increase muscle pretty quickly.
          I'm an endomorph so I put on muscle like it's my job but fat as well. I also struggle in losing fat. I also have low testosterone levels and was supposed to have been on the t-gel for a few years but I'm hesitant because I want to see how my levels are when I'm at a low bodyfat percentage. I have a few friends who said the lethargic phase hits at random times. For some it's the first few days, for others it hits at day 5 and others day 12 but it only lasts for a few days and then you are back to normal energy levels. I will say though, after my workout I'm absolutely wired with energy. I think it was just a shock to the body that this was all I was eating today since I normally eat high carb, high protein, low fat. It's nice though because even if I get carb cravings I know that if I stick it out for 6 days the first two weeks that I get to binge on Sundays and then after the first two weeks you binge on Saturdays and Sundays. Though I will try to stick with primarily low GI carbs but get some simple ones in me post workout. I'll keep you updated on any progress I have on it in case you want to hear how effective it is for someone who doesn't lose weight easily.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            Am I the only person that doesn't take supplements? Well beside Gatoride's Protein shakes.
            Nope, all I take is a multi-vitamin and occasionally a protein shake usually post workout.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake
              That's a cool idea
              I think I picked the right, and wrong season to do that with... It's going to be good because it's going to be a lot of miles over the season... It's going to suck, because... well... It's going to be a lot of miles over the season.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Weighed in at 256.8 pounds this morning. Down from 260 since 8/10/2013. So dropped about 3.2 pounds in one week. I don't expect to keep shedding that kind of weight at that speed, it should start to level off here soon. So I've lost about 8.2 pounds since August 1st. I'm guessing most of that is water weight even though I stay very hydrated, keto makes you have to urinate quite frequently. So about 1.8 more pounds to go to hit my September 1st target. I'm stronger than before and I feel as if I added an inch or two to my vertical. Still got Insanity, Hannibal Kings basic bar/body-weight workout and my own heavy bag routine in rotation. Hope everyone else is staying strong. I'm delaying my carb cycle day for another week to make sure my body is completely use to ketosis at which point it is expected to add a couple of pounds back from water weight after flooding the muscles with glycogen.
                Last edited by Matymaddog; 08-17-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

216.4 today. slowly creeping down but I guess I just have to keep it up and then let it all go to hell for a few days in Denver!!!! :thumb:
                  sigpic

Comment

Well I been waiting for the 31st, but as of today I weigh in at 245lbs. I begin Insanity today.
                    I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                      Well I been waiting for the 31st, but as of today I weigh in at 245lbs. I begin Insanity today.
                      It's rough the first two weeks but stick with it. Even if you take a day or two off from what they recommend which is what I did a couple of times. I didn't stick to it strictly but I did the workouts start to finish even if that meant I had to pause it for 5 minutes. Good luck!

Comment

Can I participate if I want to gain weight? I am 4'-2" and weigh 65 pounds.
                        sigpic

Comment

Damn. I wish I'd noticed this sooner!!

I've lost 30lbs in the last 7 weeks through diet and exercise. I'm 6' male and last December I was at 295. The heaviest I've ever been in my life. I switched jobs and had been more active and at first lost about 20 lbs. but then put 10 of it back on. By early July I was at 285. Last Tuesday I weighed in at 255.

The weight loss has tapered off a bit. The first 20 lbs were all in the first 3 weeks (Just healthy, clean eating... no gimicks or tricks and it wasn't water weight as I drink 100 oz a day) but I reasonably expect to continue to lose about 2 lbs per week. By February, I don't think 215 would be out of reach for me.

I haven't seen 215 since I joined the Air Force in 1994. My lowest since I got out was my wedding in 2003. I got down to about 225.

Good luck guys and gals! I'm rooting for you and I'm right there with you all!

Comment

Join in then....No credit for prior loss though....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              Join in then....No credit for prior loss though....
                              Somehow it'd feel like cheating if I kicked all your asses anyway.

Comment

Ya well, put up or shut up I guess.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X