• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Ya well, put up or shut up I guess.

You're on, Sgt. Granny-boots!!!

Comment

oooo You pulled out the Granny Boots...now its ON!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
        I'm an endomorph so I put on muscle like it's my job but fat as well. I also struggle in losing fat. I also have low testosterone levels and was supposed to have been on the t-gel for a few years but I'm hesitant because I want to see how my levels are when I'm at a low bodyfat percentage. I have a few friends who said the lethargic phase hits at random times. For some it's the first few days, for others it hits at day 5 and others day 12 but it only lasts for a few days and then you are back to normal energy levels. I will say though, after my workout I'm absolutely wired with energy. I think it was just a shock to the body that this was all I was eating today since I normally eat high carb, high protein, low fat. It's nice though because even if I get carb cravings I know that if I stick it out for 6 days the first two weeks that I get to binge on Sundays and then after the first two weeks you binge on Saturdays and Sundays. Though I will try to stick with primarily low GI carbs but get some simple ones in me post workout. I'll keep you updated on any progress I have on it in case you want to hear how effective it is for someone who doesn't lose weight easily.
        I've been on it the past week. Struggling for energy during workouts. I may get off it and retry at another time. My workouts have suffered since being on it and I don't have a huge problem with losing fat I just wanted to achieve a little extra tone. It's harder to get to that level now being on the verge of 34. Even as little as three/four years ago the fat would melt off and I could tone up pretty quickly. It's not that easy anymore.

Another reason is we've been in two-a-day football workouts for two weeks. I think that may be kicking my ass as well.

Comment

244 this morning. I've officially hit my weigh in goal for this month.

The new job at the brewery is kicking my butt, I've been told that everyone loses at least 10 lbs their first few weeks, and I'll take it where I can get it.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
            I've been on it the past week. Struggling for energy during workouts. I may get off it and retry at another time. My workouts have suffered since being on it and I don't have a huge problem with losing fat I just wanted to achieve a little extra tone. It's harder to get to that level now being on the verge of 34. Even as little as three/four years ago the fat would melt off and I could tone up pretty quickly. It's not that easy anymore.

Another reason is we've been in two-a-day football workouts for two weeks. I think that may be kicking my ass as well.
            Please note: Depending on how intense you train, some people may find that their gym performance deteriorates towards the end of the low-carb phase. In this case, it is highly recommended that you implement a mid-week carb-spike to replenish your muscle glycogen stores by having another high-carb, high-protein, low-fat day on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
              Damn. I wish I'd noticed this sooner!!

I've lost 30lbs in the last 7 weeks through diet and exercise. I'm 6' male and last December I was at 295. The heaviest I've ever been in my life. I switched jobs and had been more active and at first lost about 20 lbs. but then put 10 of it back on. By early July I was at 285. Last Tuesday I weighed in at 255.

The weight loss has tapered off a bit. The first 20 lbs were all in the first 3 weeks (Just healthy, clean eating... no gimicks or tricks and it wasn't water weight as I drink 100 oz a day) but I reasonably expect to continue to lose about 2 lbs per week. By February, I don't think 215 would be out of reach for me.

I haven't seen 215 since I joined the Air Force in 1994. My lowest since I got out was my wedding in 2003. I got down to about 225.

Good luck guys and gals! I'm rooting for you and I'm right there with you all!
              That Jet Razor, such a swell guy, good luck to you as well jet.
              I really like Cheese.

Comment

Alright guys, I'm doing my weigh in early... to start the month I was sitting at 232 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 222.2 pounds. Watching my caloric intake has definitely helped bring that number down, which was difficult to do at times, considering at one point, I had large amounts of my two favorite deserts ever sitting in my fridge.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I just saw this thread...I don't want to participate but rather I will be a good cheering squad mayhaps? July 2012 was when i finally put my foot down and said enough was enough I was 230lbs 25% BF, now I am a 195 11% so it's possible to get there!! It's hard work but I have to say its without a doubt worth it keep kicking butt all!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Everyone is doing great!!! We can do this together! I spent ten days at college preseason coaching and it really helped! I had lost about seven, but then we had a get together with all the alumni....

Tomorrow is our day! You got this!!! I'm down to 245 lbs.
                    sigpic
                    The Bronco fan pledge;
                    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

So my body fat is at about 24%, I'd like to see that closer to 20%. I'm in between 154 - 155 so we're gonna round down and call it 154, because that makes me feel better losing 5 pounds since we started.

I'm going for 5 pounds a month would like be under 150 by the Broncos/Eagles game. With that being my vacation week next month, hope I don't gain it all back ....
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

245! I met my goal.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

clocked in at 267.5, so probably close to 5 pounds since 8/5

Comment

At my sleep clinic appointment in July, I was down to 214. On the home scale today, I am 210. Would love to be under 200 by Feb., but the Holiday Season usually results in weight gain. My wife is on Weight Watchers so I just follow along.

I'm limited on exercise due to pain issues. Am going to a pain clinic and getting acupuncture now. My wife and I will eventually do aquatics, but she will be having foot surgery before the end of the year. Maybe aquatics can be a New Year's Resolution.

I was in PT/Myofascial for ten weeks, but I think that made it worse. Acupuncture seems to be calming things down, but it's hard to tell because of the pain meds.
                            Last edited by samparnell; 08-31-2013, 03:49 PM.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I Was away all weekend but I'll weigh in and report in the morning. Prob not good but that's all part of it.
                              sigpic

Comment

I am 32 as of Thursday.

I am 5'10" and weigh 175. My motivation was looking at the scale last night and seeing the number. I see what I could become if I just continue down my current path, there is no way that is happening! I also want to start eating healthier and working out a lot more. I will juice fast at the beginning to recharge my body. No snacks an hour and half before bedtime.

Goal is to get down to 150 again and build myself back up with muscle.

August 31 - 175
                                Goals -
                                Weigh in Dates:
                                August 31 - 175lbs
                                September 30 - 160lbs
                                October 31 - 155lbs
                                November 30 - 155lbs
                                December 31 - 155lbs
                                January 31 - 155lbs

I want to keep the weight off for a few months. I need to feel better looking into the mirror!

My Adidas running shoes better be ready, because they are going to hurt and pound that pavement!!!

LETS DO THIS EVERYONE, I HAVE FAITH IN YOU ALL!!!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X