Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Belly Off Club

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Alright, we had a shortened month and now we have our opening month of football so a long September ahead. Let's keep pushing and don't stop!! We can't let each other down.

    September 1 is here and we have another month to make ourselves better.
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.


    Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

    Comment


    • #77
      218.8 after a pretty decadent weekend. Next month shoud get better.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #78
        I congratulate all those who are taking action. It is not an easy thing to do, given all the things in life that get in the way. BUT.....even though I am no expert in this sort of stuff, I do want to offer encouragement. You do not have to make big changes in your life to get the ball rolling. If I were involved I'd just change things a little, therefore not putting pressure on yourself, nor pushing you to meet unrealistic expectations. A little at a time will get you there. Some will get there faster, and good for them, but once you see a positive change, the rest should get easier.

        Basically you are cutting back your intake (I'd expect the intake is more geared towards certain types of food that are fattening and less healthy), or exercising a wee bit more, or even better.....some of both. So, just make small adjustments if it's hard for you. All you need to do is see some progress. As mentioned, the rest gets easier.

        I have been fortunate with this, but there was a time I slipped a little. A couple more beers, a few extra burgers, a little less working out, and before you know it, the slide is on. I kind of caught myself, and realized that I worked too hard to just let it go without a fight. I started the recovery slowly at first, and got back more often in the gym.....and before long I was witnessing positive results. It really was easy after that.

        By all means, reward yourself on occasion, because you will balance off someday, and balance should include some treats.

        No worries.....you'll get there. It is not your fault if it takes a little longer than hoped, because we are not all the same. Some folks have to work harder. Again, just get going, and the next steps will be worth the effort.

        :thumb:

        Comment


        • #79
          I'm 6'2" and a few years ago I was in the mid 220's. I wanted to lose some weight but really didn't know what my target should be. According to BMI I should be top end 195 and ideal in the 180's. I set my sights on 195. I decided the most important thing to do was track what I eat. FYI, it is the most important thing you do and there are tons of free apps.

          I cut out all drinks but water prior to that my only vice was Mountain Dew. This was pretty easy to drop, water is all I took in. Ice cold water so that my body had to put in a little effort. Next I settled on a simple breakfast I liked. This became oatmeal or cream of wheat. Then I'd have a snack, pineapple, or pretzels. I basically got into routines of stuff I knew the calorie count on. Lunch was normally PBJ and some pretzels. Dinner was pretty wide open. Because i didn't go crazy during the day I could go pretty heavy on dinner. I still counted everything and after I got in the routine I didn't think much about it.

          As for exercise I was playing bball once a week for a couple hours and then running or walking daily. Walking is fine exercise by the way. I've never much been in to weights. It's always been my hardest hurdle.

          I hit 195 and felt great. I could even maintain this weight even with the occasional Taco run. It just became knowing what you eat. Since then I fell off a little and I'm at 205. I want to get back down and would like to even get below 190. But, I had to get a new ACL and that's been a bit of a bummer. I've started lifting more and can do the elliptical. I haven't been strict on what I eat which I know is the gate keeper for actual weight loss. I just turned 39 and before my knee blew out I wanted to be able to dunk before 40. I can't do full on sports until March. I'm gonna try a keep up with the weights and then start running once they give me the okay. Then it's prep for a dunk for August of next year.

          I'm currently 205 with 19% body fat. I'm gonna check in on the first of every month.
          Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

          Comment


          • #80
            September 1st: 244.8 pounds

            Long story short, I went to visit a friend for 4 days last weekend who I never see because he lives in Miami now. Ended up using my carb up day when I was there. One carb up day turned to 2 carb up days and 3 nights of drinking. Came home after going up to see him 255 and came back at 271. Four days, 15 pounds. Went crazy, but ended up losing 10 pounds of it after 3 days (Water weight that my body had stored to repair things like my liver and lungs because I drank and smoked some cigarettes which I never do. Social smoker here). Yesterday was the first day I got all the way back down to 255. I actually thought I was going to have to bow out of this. So needless to say lesson learned. Not drinking the rest of this diet. I'm too focused on getting down to my goal. Can't have anymore hiccups like that.

            Comment


            • #81
              I cannot join the club, as I stay at a weight of 118-119 lbs. There is nothing for me to lose.

              I will say, though, that this is a great idea, and I encourage everyone here to *keep on keeping on*---you can get there.

              When I went vegan last year, I lost about 7 - 8 lbs. over the course of a month or two. I am a big believer in a plant-strong diet or way of eating. Rip Esselstyn has a couple of books out: one, The Engine 2 Diet, and two, My Beef With Beef. His father, Caldwell Esselstyn, is a famous cardiologist and surgeon who wrote a book called, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. The Esselstyns are big proponents of a plant-strong diet.

              Look up this TED talk: (Plant-strong & healthy living: Rip Esselstyn at TEDxFremont) It is a TED talk featuring Rip Esselstyn, a former fire fighter and triathlete. (He is one of my heroes.) Brendan Brazier is another well-known athlete who follows a plant-based diet.

              I mentioned these sources, as most of the members of the club seem to be guys, and these people might be a great source of inspiration. One last source to check into is the no meat athlete blog. He has great ideas and recipes for you guys.

              I will toss in one more thought..... The pool is a great place to work out if there is one accessible to you. It is a total body workout, and is quite refreshing all at the same time.

              Hope there is some bit of helpful bit in this post for everyone in the challenge. I am here cheering you on!



              I feel that it is worth your time to look into the plant-based diet.
              Last edited by southern cross; 09-03-2013, 05:58 AM.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by southern cross View Post
                I cannot join the club, as I stay at a weight of 118-119 lbs. There is nothing for me to lose.

                I will say, though, that this is a great idea, and I encourage everyone here to *keep on keeping on*---you can get there.

                When I went vegan last year, I lost about 7 - 8 lbs. over the course of a month or two. I am a big believer in a plant-strong diet or way of eating. Rip Esselstyn has a couple of books out: one, The Engine 2 Diet, and two, My Beef With Beef. His father, Caldwell Esselstyn, is a famous cardiologist and surgeon who wrote a book called, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. The Esselstyns are big proponents of a plant-strong diet.

                Look up this TED talk: (Plant-strong & healthy living: Rip Esselstyn at TEDxFremont) It is a TED talk featuring Rip Esselstyn, a former fire fighter and triathlete. (He is one of my heroes.) Brendan Brazier is another well-known athlete who follows a plant-based diet.

                I mentioned these sources, as most of the members of the club seem to be guys, and these people might be a great source of inspiration. One last source to check into is the no meat athlete blog. He has great ideas and recipes for you guys.

                I will toss in one more thought..... The pool is a great place to work out if there is one accessible to you. It is a total body workout, and is quite refreshing all at the same time.

                Hope there is some bit of helpful bit in this post for everyone in the challenge. I am here cheering you on!



                I feel that it is worth your time to look into the plant-based diet.
                And it's very easy on the joints!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                  And it's very easy on the joints!
                  Stay away from those they will make you hungry.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                    Stay away from those they will make you hungry.
                    Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

                    Comment


                    • #85


                      WOOP WOOP!


                      yeeahyaaa!
                      sigpic

                      Hooray, beer!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        I was away this weekend, but as of today I'm down to 249.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I'm down to 220. But to be honest I've been quite lazy lately.

                          I need to step it up. Somehow I've lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks working out 2 weeks and drinking a lot of beer the 3rd week.
                          sigpic
                          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            As of the beginning of the month I've been working on the ice cream belly I accumulated over Summer. After one week 2lbs off 5 to go!
                            Now weighing 163lbs (height 6'2"). Goal weight 158lbs and happy enough if it just comes off at a pound a month so I can put some more on over Christmas lol!
                            Last edited by Jaws; 09-08-2013, 06:48 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              ^ ice cream is one of my downfalls... I've been trying to stick with the sweets in moderation lately. What seems to making the most difference for me is the not eating after work. A few months ago, I switched to hours where I get off at midnight. That midnight snack was where I was gaining, eating before bed.

                              I was my heaviest I've been a few months ago. In June I was 164, which would be great if I was taller but at 5' 7 made me a little overweight. Normal range for me is 140 - 160 and I'm looking forward to getting back to the lower end of that range. I started losing weight about a month prior to this thread, but the thread has helped keep me accountable so that I didn't stop when I got back to my normal 160 I've been at forever. Every time I think about grabbing a snack afterwork, I think "That Thread".... and don't.

                              As of yesterday I'm at 153.... hadn't told anyone really that I'm trying to lose weight, so absolutely loved it when one of my co-workers told me I looked phenomenal last night, and that I was getting very thin...

                              Anyways, the only other comment that I've got on it came from my stylist and hers was more backhanded because she likes to screw with me.... but I loved someone noticing yesterday.... making it worth it.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                                ^ ice cream is one of my downfalls... I've been trying to stick with the sweets in moderation lately.
                                I became such an ice cream monster over Summer I've developed quite a sweet tooth. Decided the only way to deal with it was go practically cold turkey and the only sweet I'm having for the first two weeks of my health eating plan is sugar free dark chocolate. So far, so good.



                                Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                                What seems to making the most difference for me is the not eating after work. A few months ago, I switched to hours where I get off at midnight. That midnight snack was where I was gaining, eating before bed.


                                Football is bad for my midnight snacking. What with games not starting oftentimes till after 9p.m I find myself raiding the fridge quite often, especially if the game is tight. Nervous energy!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X