Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kingelway7
    replied
    Just came across this thread and thought Id offer up some helpful info that you may not know...

Based on the average height and body framed male and female - by just going about your daily actives each day without exercise, a person lose 10x their body weight. So if you weigh 200 lbs, you would then lose 2,000 calories (200 x 10) in a day by just going about your daily activities.

Not that anyone wants to do this, but to make it easier to understand, ill go off the basis of 1 lb;

In order to lose 1 lb in a day, you have to burn 3,500 calories less than what you consume. So, if you weigh 200 lbs and therefore burn 2,000 calories by going about your daily activities, you still have to burn another 1,500 calories during that day without eating anything in order to lose 1 lb. If you weight 200 lbs and burn 2,000 calories with daily activities, plus you consume 1,000 calories, you would then have to burn 2,500 calories during that day in order to lose 1 lb.

Doing the simple math, every 350 calories burned less than your calorie intake in a day is equivalent to 1/10th of a lb lost in one day.

Keep in mind, this is based on the average height and body framed (note: NOT average weight) male and female. The 3,500 cal to 1 lb per day ratio fluctuates depending on if your short and a small body framed or tall and big body framed.

Leave a comment:

• EvertonBroncos
    replied
    I got down from 15 stone to 13.5 stone (210lbs to 189 if you prefer) but started resting on my laurels and gained about 5 lbs. Gonna start again and aim to reach my original goal of 180 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    This thread kept me pretty motivated last season, when I lost about 15 lbs. I've stay right about 145-150 lbs I ended at... never quite reaching my goal of getting to 140. I think I'll go back to work on that last five. I just don't get why that's the hardest five to lose.

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    This thread is full of so much win! Keep at it y'all.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Nice work losing 50 lbs. Cory, that's a lot.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied

Too much beer and Luke Bryan last night...

Leave a comment:

• 58 broncomaniac
    replied
    Swimming is great cardio. I eat a protein bar before and after swimming as I had the same problem with hunger afterwards and that has helped.

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    Does anyone swim for their cardio workout? I just went back to swimming and it burns calories! The only bad thing is I'm so hungry after swimming...

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    keep it up gals and guys!!!! I'm heading off to the gym with the Mrs. 100% and the two 50% in a bit. Working 4-10s stinks, but these 3 day weekends are awesome!!!

Stay with it!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws View Post
    Summer is always good for weight loss xX

Because of health reasons, I had to go on a special diet just before Christmas. It was difficult having to avoid the usual treats over the festive period but worth it for some relief from pain and digestive malfunction.

The weight has fallen off since. Twenty pounds in total and I now weigh 150lbs bang on with a BMI of 19.3. I'm hoping I don't lose anymore to be honest as I can only afford two or three more pounds off at most or I'll be like a reed blowing in the wind at six foot two tall!

One good thing, I get to go on a shopping spree soon, all my trousers in particular are a size too big. I've been living in leggings for the past couple of months because they are the only things that don't fall off
    Congrats, Jaws! I love shopping sprees!

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I haven't posted much, been busy at work.

It's 205 now.

50lbs lost!
    Congrats on the fifty lbs lost, that's quite a bit!

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied

[IMG].akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/p417x417/10383007_10152051783226881_6129977405992491224_n.j pg[/IMG]

It's 205 now.

50lbs lost!

Great job, C-Dub!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied

It's 205 now.

Such a good idea. I've been needing motivation. Yardo has given me some good exercises too.

At any rate

6'1 male 255lbs

50lbs lost!
    Last edited by CoryWinget81; 06-17-2014, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Careful or we will have to move this to the dating thread

........ fishing for shark...?

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    You're right, women do have much different frames. Jaws is a very tall woman, and at her 150, I'm with you, she's lookin pretty damned hawt!! And add to it her personality which knocks it out of the park?? And she's a Broncos' fan?!?! Good thing you're over the pond, Jaws! Or you'd have all kinds of Yanks clamoring for you.
    Careful or we will have to move this to the dating thread

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    It's Jaws that is 6'2" and 150. MegaOrange is the same height, but around 195. Women has different frames, so I'm thinking Madame Chomp is probably looking pretty hot.

Oh, and not to ignore you 3 gentlemen, I'm sure you guys look hot, too.
    You're right, women do have much different frames. Jaws is a very tall woman, and at her 150, I'm with you, she's lookin pretty damned hawt!! And add to it her personality which knocks it out of the park?? And she's a Broncos' fan?!?! Good thing you're over the pond, Jaws! Or you'd have all kinds of Yanks clamoring for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X