Broncos Belly Off Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Belly Off Club

Since we have some people on here talking about their plans to live a more healthy life style, lifting, eating right, getting rid of bad vices, etc, let's start our Broncos Belly Off Club.

Rules of the Game:

You must set a goal weight by February 1, 2014.

To stay in the game, you must be making monthly strides towards your goal. If you gain weight at the end of the month then you are out.

To start post your weight and at the end of each month you will post your weight to show your progress.

We will go on the honor system that you will be truthful.

Post your starting weight in a post and then edit it as necessary to show your progress.

So who is with me? What does the winner get? Well you can compete against other Broncos fans and shed some pounds. The person who wins will be the one who losses the most will be our winner. Please do this in a responsible and healthy way.

If you choose to quit and leave, simply delete your post, or if you gain weight at the end of the month weigh in you can delete your post.

Winner is: Winner should be largest %% lost. Some people will have more pounds to lose, be bigger, all that yadda yadda and the initial losses will be great and the pound number will look more impressive. Per Eb!

Take a picture this week to have to compare in February.

Weigh in Dates:
    August 31
    September 30
    October 31
    November 30
    December 31
    January 31

Any other suggestions are welcome. I always like a competition for a game, so let's rise up and do this.
    Last edited by 100%Broncoholic; 08-05-2013, 06:14 PM.
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

100%Broncoholic- Weighing in on 8/4/13 at 249.6 lbs and a 6 foot male.

I commute 2 hours and 20 minutes a day, so coffee and donuts are my friend.

I work late and don't always pack my lunch for work so Ill go grab fast food.

Working out gets hit by me wanting to spend time with my children when they are awake.

My goal weight by February is 230 lbs.

Things I will do to help with my weight loss:
    Exercise Daily
    Packing lunches for work with proper portions.
    Change serving sizes at dinner
    Decrease alcoholic intake until Sundays for Broncos game.
    Last edited by 100%Broncoholic; 08-05-2013, 06:15 PM.
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Comment

Wow! Great thread idea!!!! I'll wish each and every one of you great luck in this quest.

Winner should be largest %% lost. Some people will have more pounds to lose, be bigger, all that yadda yadda and the initial losses will be great and the pound number will look more impressive.

Just my .02.
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Ok I am in. 6' tall. 219.4 lbs. ( see no Canuck kilo's ) that's today's weight.

Goal is a mean lean 210.

Diet and exercise will be the way.
        sigpic

Comment

I'll participate but I don't weigh myself. I'm 33 and stand 5'7". I started about 4 months ago at around 195lbs. And today I'm probably at 165lbs. I'm probably starting to gain weight at this point from muscle mass and the abs are slowly starting to come in.

Biggest difference is the big beer belly is gone (no booze for four months aside from a couple nonalcoholic beers here and there) and I feel athletic again. I'm putting on muscle considerably faster and making awesome strength gains. I had back, shoulder, stomach and sleeping problems before and those have subsided considerably.

I was extremely unhealthy before so I started with a simple weight training regimen with standard free weight exercises and simple aerobic workouts to build upon. From that I progressed to some crossfit circuit exercises with a lot of interval sprints thrown in to shred the fat. The crossfit is amazing. It's so fun I get excited when I get to the gym. My favorite lifts are dumbbell and barbell cleans, box jumps and an exercise I call yardmans. It's a burpee with dumbbells and at the stand up position you transition to a dumbbell clean with a deep catch and finish with a thruster. It's hard but it's a lot of fun.

Comment

Since I started my job, I haven't really changed much at all honestly, I'm just more active because of the job... I've lost 28 pounds, I started 4 months and a day ago... I weighed in at 260 the day I started, and I'm at a much leaner, but still not where I want to be 232... I'm in.

My goal is to hit 210 by February... To achieve this, I'll continue putting in 100% effort at work, making better choices as far as beverage choices go, and eating smaller portions. I'm 5'8" btw.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Welcome fellas.

A few more and nothing beats a good friendly competition. I may have a few duplicate autographs laying around that I could throw in as the winners prize.

Obviously this contest nor the prize are sponsored by the Broncos.
              sigpic
              The Bronco fan pledge;
              Bronco's Country.

Comment

Cool thread idea, kinda wish i had a little more weight just to play along.lol
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  Cool thread idea, kinda wish i had a little more weight just to play along.lol
                  yeah... when I saw you posted in here I thought "how much weight could this kid be wanting to lose???"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                    yeah... when I saw you posted in here I thought "how much weight could this kid be wanting to lose???"
                    Yeah I could cut about 2-3 pounds, but that's about it. Not really much to join the game on.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I would love to join in on this, but I've lost 20 pounds already due to diet, running, working out, playing on basketball traveling team, and weigh around 205 atm. I'm 6'2. I'm not sure I can lose much more weight maybe 5 pounds at most. Which sucks cause I love to do this it's a great idea.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                        I would love to join in on this, but I've lost 20 pounds already due to diet, running, working out, playing on basketball traveling team, and weigh around 205 atm. I'm 6'2. I'm not sure I can lose much more weight maybe 5 pounds at most. Which sucks cause I love to do this it's a great idea.
                        put some weight on, and you can do it next year! :thumb:

sigpic

Comment

Lol. Ya I went from 235 to 212 after Christmas. With summer and the beer drinking season upon me I climbed back up to the 219 so I reall wanna hit that 210 mark. With my frame that will be hard to hold but hitting it will be good.

Game on.
                          sigpic

Comment

I will get in on this... I'm 5' 7'' my ideal weight is 140. Last time I weighed myself a couple days back, I was at 159. I think I would have to just cut back on portions.... I have kept a pretty good work out routine for a lot of years, mostly between my elliptical and ab videos. Lately been playing more with the Wii, seems to burn other areas that I was missing with just my usual routine.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Such a good idea. I've been needing motivation. Yardo has given me some good exercises too.

At any rate

6'1 male 255lbs

No excuses, but I separated my shoulder and stopped going to the gym in late april. You all know I love my beer, so this is going to be tough.

Goal: 220

How I plan on achieving my goal: Cutting back on beer, eating smaller portions and not eating after 9pm. Getting at least 7 hours of sleep, no more going to bed at 2am. Cardio in the AM, light cardio in the PM with resistance training after the morning cardio.

If I eat correctly and stay away from the beer, I should be able to lose 3lbs a week. 5 might not be out of the question for the first month.

I hope to be about 230 by the time everyone comes into town for the Chiefs game.

forgot to add weigh in date goals

Weigh in Dates:
                              August 31: 245
                              September 30: 240
                              October 31: 235
                              November 30: 230
                              December 31:225
                              January 31: 220
                              Last edited by CoryWinget81; 08-05-2013, 10:20 AM.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X