Trying to get into the world of bodybuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get into the world of bodybuilding

All summer I spent working out and recently when I was at the gym I got noticed by a pro bodybuilder. He told me that my workouts were going real well and that I was showing real signs of progress. Now naturally I was really pleased to here that from someone as accomplished as he was in his field, but it got me thinking. I began to think about how much I enjoy working out and how I feel most alive and happy when I'm working out.

So, I was thinking of possibly getting together with the guy and going to some competitions. The dude told me he would be more than willing to help me out and take me to some competitions that start beginning of next year, and he even said he would help prepare me to get ready for them. With that being said I want your opinions on shtuff.

I like to post pictures too so that makes it more fun.

There are just a couple pictures to show you guys what I have been working on this summer. And there are days when my biceps look even bigger than that. I'm going for that real cut look too though and it seems to be working.

Feedback is awesome and greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy!
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

**Let me know if the photos don't work, I used Photobucket to upload them. :sigh:*
    sigpic

Comment

Lookin pretty solid.

What do you do in terms of traps?

Comment

Bench pressing, Tricep extensions, close grip dumbell press, and tricep extensions. Any other things I should be doing?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
          Bench pressing, Tricep extensions, close grip dumbell press, and tricep extensions. Any other things I should be doing?

Pull-ups, wide grip, close grip, and reverse grip, and dips. you will see amazing results from these exercises
          I really like Cheese.

Comment

Eat A LOT, sleep a lot, and get some extra workout time in. If you want to put on the mass these guys compete with you're going to need to bulk up considerably more. You're a little too lean right now. Increase your sets and lower your reps increasing weight. It's a tough world. Those guys train like hell. And it's not just a "I'm going to maybe try it" type of lifestyle. It's a 100% commitment everyday and sometimes twice a day.

Good luck on your fitness journey.

Comment

1st thing, go get a razor and shave your chest and stomach. It will make you look even more cut :thumb:
              sigpic
              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                1st thing, go get a razor and shave your chest and stomach. It will make you look even more cut :thumb:
                And get some color on your white self. It has been proven that color will make you look more defined as well.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  And get some color on your white self. It has been proven that color will make you look more defined as well.
                  This too.....but stay away from self tanner. Ya don't want to end up looking like a oompa loompa
                  sigpic
                  2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

This too.....but stay away from self tanner. Ya don't want to end up looking like a oompa loompa

Quoted for truth... unless you want Willy Wonka to call??
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                      Eat A LOT, sleep a lot, and get some extra workout time in. If you want to put on the mass these guys compete with you're going to need to bulk up considerably more. You're a little too lean right now. Increase your sets and lower your reps increasing weight. It's a tough world. Those guys train like hell. And it's not just a "I'm going to maybe try it" type of lifestyle. It's a 100% commitment everyday and sometimes twice a day.

Good luck on your fitness journey.
                      Yah that's what I've been told.

I'm trying to gain five to ten pounds though so I'm just eating like crazy recently. It helps though that I have a job where I am constantly moving and burning calories so that is a major plus too.

(Appreciate the advice yardo. ))
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm going to look into that later this week. I knew for a fact that bodybuilding is pretty much anti-hair anyway so that is one factor I am going to have to cut out entirely.

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        Haha yah I am pretty pasty white. Going for the Robert Pattinson look there lmao.

I think I am going to try some of those tanning products so that way I avoid UV rays from the sun that are dangerous and lead to cancer. Plus I'm white enough that even when I try to tan I just burn anyway. -_-
                        sigpic

Comment

You ever employ DC concepts into your training? A lot of guys I used to associate with in bodybuilding were huge advocates of DC training for hypertrophy

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                            You ever employ DC concepts into your training? A lot of guys I used to associate with in bodybuilding were huge advocates of DC training for hypertrophy
                            I've read a little bit about his techniques via the internet, but I am more of a standard free weights type of guy. I really believe in the power of free weight lifting. I'll be posting more pictures soon.
                            sigpic

Comment

Judging by your pic, I'd peg you at around 10-13% bodyfat, so you can easily bulk at that bf%.

To get big, your #1 concern is going to be diet diet and diet again, 70% of your results will come from a good diet, the rest from training and supplementation. For guys who are starting out, it's probably best to use something like a CKD or evolutionary diet to bulk up enough so you can start cutting down.

In terms of training, you should concentrate on the Dorian Yates version of H.I.T. training to really get thick. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X