Trying to get into the world of bodybuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
    I've read a little bit about his techniques via the internet, but I am more of a standard free weights type of guy. I really believe in the power of free weight lifting. I'll be posting more pictures soon.
    I don't follow. DC training is based in free weight training. Machines are seldom used. Maybe you read an inaccurate depiction of the routines. Any BB program worth it's weight is primarily done with free weights. I would never advise or recommend a program based on primarily cable or machine exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyKaster View Post
      Judging by your pic, I'd peg you at around 10-13% bodyfat, so you can easily bulk at that bf%.

To get big, your #1 concern is going to be diet diet and diet again, 70% of your results will come from a good diet, the rest from training and supplementation. For guys who are starting out, it's probably best to use something like a CKD or evolutionary diet to bulk up enough so you can start cutting down.

In terms of training, you should concentrate on the Dorian Yates version of H.I.T. training to really get thick. Just my 2 cents.
      Love Yates. One of my favorites. Love the training videos and his gym

Also great diet you linked. I didn't know they had a name for it now. I started doing a diet like that about 5 years ago. Always good to shock the body once a week. Before that, guys were going strictly into ketosis for a month at a time. Something not good for the kidneys at all
      Last edited by Matymaddog; 08-10-2013, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
        I don't follow. DC training is based in free weight training. Machines are seldom used. Maybe you read an inaccurate depiction of the routines. Any BB program worth it's weight is primarily done with free weights. I would never advise or recommend a program based on primarily cable or machine exercises.
        Oh now I see what you're saying. My bad, some things were lost in the translation. :p

Yah that is basically what I am doing. I almost never tough "Strength training machines" and am almost entirely free weights bound.

This is the book that I have been using "Abs for Life" http://www.amazon.com/ABS-Life-No-So...s=Abs+for+life

I've really been noticing a difference since I went on a high protein diet. I've been getting very lean and it is quite nice.

Every now and then I like to throw in some cable work though but on the whole I would say I am about 80% free weights and 20% machines.
        sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Working...
        X