I Love August!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love August!!!

Now that we are firmly entrenched in the wonderful month of August, I would like to offer a few reasons why I truly love this month:

- It is still summer, but one can feel a slight change here (up in the great white north) as the nights get a bit cooler, and fresher. All in all, it can be the best weather of the year!
    - The anticipation of NFL football gets stronger and stronger.....just one month to go! And though further out there, just over a month to the NHL preseason.
    - It's the last month before school and potential opportunities and new tv seasons and all the hustle and bustle of life.......which is the perfect time to relax and take stock of all that we have, and have to look forward to. Maybe time to read some good books, while we soak in the beauty of this world.
    - Also a great time to spoil oneself with a few more ice cream cones, shakes, blizzards or gelato (gelati for some).....while it is still pretty warm, before the possible cool off period ahead.
    - One more month to appreciate how gorgeous Winnipeg women are, as they continue to show off their summer threads!
    - How can a month be bad if it involves Shark Week!!!

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Now that we are firmly entrenched in the wonderful month of August, I would like to offer a few reasons why I truly love this month:

- It is still summer, but one can feel a slight change here (up in the great white north) as the nights get a bit cooler, and fresher. All in all, it can be the best weather of the year!
    - The anticipation of NFL football gets stronger and stronger.....just one month to go! And though further out there, just over a month to the NHL preseason.
    - It's the last month before school and potential opportunities and new tv seasons and all the hustle and bustle of life.......which is the perfect time to relax and take stock of all that we have, and have to look forward to. Maybe time to read some good books, while we soak in the beauty of this world.
    - Also a great time to spoil oneself with a few more ice cream cones, shakes, blizzards or gelato (gelati for some).....while it is still pretty warm, before the possible cool off period ahead.
    - One more month to appreciate how gorgeous Winnipeg women are, as they continue to show off their summer threads!
    - How can a month be bad if it involves Shark Week!!!
    You seem to have forgotten the greatest reason of all....I was born in the month of August...a blessing to the world over.
    sigpic

Comment

Try living in Texas. Then you wouldn't like August so much. Not uncommon for it to hit triple digits before noon

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
        You seem to have forgotten the greatest reason of all....I was born in the month of August...a blessing to the world over.
        How did I forget????

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
        Try living in Texas. Then you wouldn't like August so much. Not uncommon for it to hit triple digits before noon
        Sorry bout that.......I'm a little north of you.

Comment

I'm quite a fan of the month of August too... Lots of awesome people born this month...
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Meh... it's hot, muggy, mosquito season, and my tuition is due. August can suck it.

Comment

First you love September
              http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...!!!&highlight=

Then October
              http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...%29&highlight=

now August what next December?
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

August + Florida = No Bueno!!!

now that I'm thinking of it ...

May + June + July + August + September + Florida = No Bueno!!!

Ugggggggggh!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                  I'm quite a fan of the month of August too... Lots of awesome people born this month...
                  Yes they were.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                    Life is good my friend.......I love 'em all!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                      Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
                      Yes they were.
                      I'm making a bold assumption........but have a great birthday month!!!!

Comment

I love Shark week... preseason arrives this month, with the regular season right around the corner.... it's a good month.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                        Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Sorry....I do luv this month, so I had to bring this one back, rather than start anew.

Up here, the temp has peaked, and by the end of the month the average high slips down a few degrees....making it just the way I like it. I am a huge fan of early autumn!! But as you will see above, there is an anticipation of other great things to come, including.... you guessed it, NFL football!!!

So enjoy the month ahead, and prepare for all that comes with September!

:thumb:

Comment

OH....one little thing....not as big a shark week fan as I was in 2013!

Comment

Other than the awkward tooth situation, this is a great month. Our weather has been wonderful! Got in a nice little vaca with the family......for those who have not been to Toronto, try it out. You can see The Jays (rain or shine), go up the CN Tower, visit the many. many great restaurants, visit the Hockey Hall Of Fame, venture towards lake country, or drive a little south to the Niagara region (The Falls, the wineries and the wonderful Niagara on The Lake). Toronto hums, and there are folks keep it alive, late into the nights. Hey, winter brings The Maple Leafs and The Raptors, and wintery wonderlands arise.

Anyway.....GREAT TIME with our kids!

And guess what, The NFL is just around the corner! Add another month and NHL is up and at 'em. And all the while, MLB is closing down another season!

Did I mention the cooler nights, and the soon to follow changing of the leaves. Heavenly!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X