Years May Pass......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Years May Pass......

I see that I just received an email from an old friend. I haven't opened it, but I will shortly. I wanted to savour the anticipation. Knowing him, it will be a good message, and will likely include meeting up for lunch or something. We were quite close for a long time, but things can get in the way. Most of those things are normal.....we basically move on for a bit. It's happened to me a number of times, and it's not surprising because I've had a busy life and have been fortunate to meet thousands of good people. Sure, not every friendship is as deep and meaningful, but many have the right stuff to have potential for that.

Unfortunately in this case, we drifted partly because of some silly business reason. Nothing of relevance in the end, but just enough of a distraction to cause us to move forward with less interaction.

But it's been years, and it shouldn't have to come to that. When you are young, you tend to form so many new relationships that it's hard to keep up sometimes. You often find new folks to hang with at every corner. It could be at school, or work, or in sports or a place you volunteer, or an assortment of establishments. Life can be big and fast, and you can't even keep up at times. I couldn't. I was lucky that way......so many opportunities to meet people. Plus I guess I do have a bit of a gift of the gab as they say, so it is easier for me than many others to make acquaintances fairly quickly.

Whatever. It's time to move forward again, but possibly with this "old friend." He's a really good guy, and I miss his humour and energy. He adds light to a darker day, and I need to forget about anything that came in between......which by the way, was neither of our wrongdoing.

Years shouldn't pass. Don't let them if you can. Overlook the unimportant aspects. And don't wait for unfortunate situations to bring you back together, like a phone call I got recently from another old friend about a person who passed away that we both knew.

Then again, be "out there" when it comes to meeting people. Communication these days has far more options than when my generation grew up. And when you make a good friend.....

....don't let years come in between you.
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-07-2013, 09:45 AM.

Well we can only hope it's good news from your friend when you get around to reading it.

Good luck.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Well we can only hope it's good news from your friend when you get around to reading it.

Good luck.
      Thx bud!!!

And yes, as I had expected......."it's time for lunch or golf".

I guess I wanted to capture my thoughts here before I opened the email.

I have a feeling this may be one of those "good endings".......once we meet, it will be like old times I'm sure. Hopefully it's a message that others can relate to.

Comment

Awesome.

I'm in a similar situation with a former best friend from college. We were on the same team and he was a really good athlete (multiple time national champion in high jump) from Hungary. After our sophomore years we decided to be roommates and he brought his girlfriend out from home to live with us (she was also a multiple time national champion).

Needless to say his girlfriend was a spoiled turd who walked on everyone and only cared about herself. Living in that situation for a few months caused us to get into a stupid fight and I didn't talk to him for about 3 years. We have a lot of the same good friends too so it was a little weird that we just stopped talking.

About a year ago his girlfriend was cheating on him (while they were still living together) with one of the coaches on our team. He found out about it, she didn't care and kept doing it and they still had to live together. He confronted the coach and the coach got real scared but didn't get fired because the head coach is so incompetent and depends on said coach to keep the program running smoothly.

After he graduated college he moved back to Hungary for a while and I thought he was gone for good. I was pretty bummed. Then I sent him a message on facebook a couple months ago making amends for our dumb feud and he apologized too and he's actually moving back out to the Denver area in a couple months to live here relatively permanently with another one of my friends.

So I guess the moral of the story is

lol.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
          Awesome.

I'm in a similar situation with a former best friend from college. We were on the same team and he was a really good athlete (multiple time national champion in high jump) from Hungary. After our sophomore years we decided to be roommates and he brought his girlfriend out from home to live with us (she was also a multiple time national champion).

Needless to say his girlfriend was a spoiled turd who walked on everyone and only cared about herself. Living in that situation for a few months caused us to get into a stupid fight and I didn't talk to him for about 3 years. We have a lot of the same good friends too so it was a little weird that we just stopped talking.

About a year ago his girlfriend was cheating on him (while they were still living together) with one of the coaches on our team. He found out about it, she didn't care and kept doing it and they still had to live together. He confronted the coach and the coach got real scared but didn't get fired because the head coach is so incompetent and depends on said coach to keep the program running smoothly.

After he graduated college he moved back to Hungary for a while and I thought he was gone for good. I was pretty bummed. Then I sent him a message on facebook a couple months ago making amends for our dumb feud and he apologized too and he's actually moving back out to the Denver area in a couple months to live here relatively permanently with another one of my friends.

So I guess the moral of the story is

lol.
          Thx for sharing Housh! Make the most of it!!!

As an aside, unfortunately we don't get to choose who our buds "shack up" with. I get along with most of my friends' partners, but there are a few..........

Comment

Working...
          X