Clutch or Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    How many ponies and how hard ya pushin'? 5 years and how many miles, what kind of tires (treadwear #) You're probably going to be thrilled with the dual friction Centerforce not only pedal effort but engagement feel. OEM SVO might have something as well, HMMMM how many miles did you get out of the original?
    I honestly dont know. If I had to estimate Id say around 220 at the crank (I have a V6 btw). Trust me, there was a time where I tried to sell it for a GT. But, I came to the realization a while back that I actually like my car. The motor runs like a champ and the only problems Ive ever had with the car is the damn clutch. Plus, when I get a V8, its going to be an 03 Mach 1 or Cobra.

And the V6 DOES have a couple advantages over the GT. Its at least 200 pounds lighter, stock for stock the 3.8 can handle more power than the 4.6, and the first Mustang was a 6 cylinder! Im just stickin to its roots

I have a build list for mine that should get some good horsepower out it.

As for the tires, I have no idea how many miles. They were going to be a 1 or 2 year thing because they were the cheapest tires I could get from Discount Tire. And the original clutch had around 75,000 miles(give or take)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
      I honestly dont know. If I had to estimate Id say around 220 at the crank (I have a V6 btw). Trust me, there was a time where I tried to sell it for a GT. But, I came to the realization a while back that I actually like my car. The motor runs like a champ and the only problems Ive ever had with the car is the damn clutch. Plus, when I get a V8, its going to be an 03 Mach 1 or Cobra.

And the V6 DOES have a couple advantages over the GT. Its at least 200 pounds lighter, stock for stock the 3.8 can handle more power than the 4.6, and the first Mustang was a 6 cylinder! Im just stickin to its roots

I have a build list for mine that should get some good horsepower out it.

As for the tires, I have no idea how many miles. They were going to be a 1 or 2 year thing because they were the cheapest tires I could get from Discount Tire. And the original clutch had around 75,000 miles(give or take)
      Sounds like you just got a crappy part last time around. I hate it when that happens
      [sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you just got a crappy part last time around. I hate it when that happens
        I know. All that money wasted!
        Now my other modifications have been put on hold.
        sigpic

Comment

I know. All that money wasted!
          Now my other modifications have been put on hold.
          Now that you mention mods we put a Procharger on a 3.8 for a customer and set a record at the time for stock cyl head horsepower on a dyno. I wish I could remember exact #'s but it was 400 and change at the wheels. Been ten years or so.

Had lots of fun doing stuff like that back before the bubble burst. Thank God there's still lots of service work, gotta eat.
          [sigpic

Comment

Now that you mention mods we put a Procharger on a 3.8 for a customer and set a record at the time for stock cyl head horsepower on a dyno. I wish I could remember exact #'s but it was 400 and change at the wheels. Been ten years or so.

Had lots of fun doing stuff like that back before the bubble burst. Thank God there's still lots of service work, gotta eat.
            Thats awesome! Too bad you arent in Denver.
            A procharger is on my list (but its way down there since its 4,000+ dollars)

My next mods are going to be dual exhaust, since I have a GT bumper sitting in the garage collecting dust, and a Windstar upper intake thats sitting in the garage. I grabbed the intake last year at the junk yard for 30 bucks and the other parts I need shouldnt cost a whole lot.

Then an 8.8 rear end, new gears, etc.

After that, probably a lower intake, cam, and heads from super six motorsports.
            Last edited by VenomousDB; 08-12-2013, 05:13 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me what a six cylinder can do if you pump enough air through it. I see guys with Grand Nationals running 11's in the quarter mile, and it's just mind boggling considering how much those cars weigh.

Comment

Thats awesome! Too bad you arent in Denver.
                A procharger is on my list (but its way down there since its 4,000+ dollars)

My next mods are going to be dual exhaust, since I have a GT bumper sitting in the garage collecting dust, and a Windstar upper intake thats sitting in the garage. I grabbed the intake last year at the junk yard for 30 bucks and the other parts I need shouldnt cost a whole lot.

Then an 8.8 rear end, new gears, etc.

After that, probably a lower intake, cam, and heads from super six motorsports.
                Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                It never ceases to amaze me what a six cylinder can do if you pump enough air through it. I see guys with Grand Nationals running 11's in the quarter mile, and it's just mind boggling considering how much those cars weigh.
                I've pretty much been a hopeless motorhead all my life, never quite understood people that aren't into cars/trucks.

Horsepower, Beer and Broncos Football!!!:thumb:
                [sigpic

Comment

I've pretty much been a hopeless motorhead all my life, never quite understood people that aren't into cars/trucks.

Horsepower, Beer and Broncos Football!!!:thumb:
                  My aunt was in town a few weeks ago. I was saying how my clutch was screwing up and that itll put my other plans on hold. She goes off and starts saying she doesnt undrrstand why i need more horsepower and why anyone would ever want more horsepower and that its dangerous.

I tried explaining its a hobby and its not dangerous.

I wasnt too happy with her ignorant and naive view of things to say the least.
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks like im going with a clutch and flywheel. Its starting to fail quicker than i thought. Its slipping more and more and ive lost a lot power.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X