Where'd you go to college?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where'd you go to college?

Just out of curiosity, what college did everyone attend? Or are currently attending, if that pertains to you. Did you enjoy your experience there?

I went to University of California Irvine. Being a couple minutes from Newport Beach and a freeway trip from home the location was great. I wish I went to a school with better social/greek life though. A lot of really nerdy kids, particularly Asians (not that I have anything against Asains).

Went to the Art Institute of Pitt for a year and a half. Drank and smoked myself out of there, it was awesome, except that I lived in the rough part of Pitt and had to walk 3 miles to school and back everyday. Went to Penn State for a year, rinse and repeat, but that place and its people just sucked. Now I'm finishing my degree online through DeVry. Wish I would've done this 6 years ago.

Comment

College of Lake County in Northeastern Illinois
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

San Diego State University!!!
        Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
          San Diego State University!!!
          Haha I considered going there. Ended up being too much of a party school if that's possible, lol. Did you like it there?

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          College of Lake County in Northeastern Illinois
          Are you planning on transferring to a university eventually or just going the CC route?

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
            Went to the Art Institute of Pitt for a year and a half. Drank and smoked myself out of there, it was awesome, except that I lived in the rough part of Pitt and had to walk 3 miles to school and back everyday. Went to Penn State for a year, rinse and repeat, but that place and its people just sucked. Now I'm finishing my degree online through DeVry. Wish I would've done this 6 years ago.
            It seems like the online route is becoming popular. While the college experience was a lot of fun for me I definitely understand the logic in preferring to do it online in a less stressful environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
              Haha I considered going there. Ended up being too much of a party school if that's possible, lol. Did you like it there?

Are you planning on transferring to a university eventually or just going the CC route?

It's pretty sick.

But I'm taking my classes at the extended campus.
              Now go get your shine box

Comment

OH.... you know...
                sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

It seems like the online route is becoming popular. While the college experience was a lot of fun for me I definitely understand the logic in preferring to do it online in a less stressful environment.
                  Yep, I wasted a ton, I mean a ton, of time and money with the 'college experience'. I had a hell of a lot of fun, but I love going to classes online now. No distractions, work at your own pace for the most part, and what really drew me to DeVry is that there is no distinction between the online degree and brick-and-mortar degree, which isn't the case with a lot of places. The only real downside is that a good online program costs even more than actual school, and occasionally you get teachers that really phone it in.

I'm in Information Systems and Web Development, but I'm considering continuing my education to a level where I can teach online. It seems like an awesome job.

Comment

Colorado State University
                    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Currently attending UNLV.

Comment

Tech school guy. I went to ITT Tech in Albuquerque NM and ITT Tech in a city just outside of Los Angeles CA. I went for a architectural design and 3D animation background but somehow ended up being a web developer.

ITT was alright. But I sort of regret not attending a traditional University or going to the Air Force. Had a ton of fun though.

Comment

Currently at Front Range Community College, soon to pursuing a Bachelors at CSU Global (maybe still weighing options)
                          I really like Cheese.

Comment

I can't go to college anymore. Both my program and my $ are all dried up. Plus I HATE online classes
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I went to the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, CO.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X