Possibly Moving to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly Moving to Denver

I've always liked the possibility of moving to Denver someday as I'm a huge Broncos fan stuck in Cincinnati. Recently I got laid off from my job, which has presented me with probably the best time ever in my life to move out there. I applied to a job in Boulder and am hoping to hear back very soon whether or not I am chosen for an interview.

Anyway, I was wondering people's opinions on good places to live around the area? I'm 27, single, love the bar scene on weekends. My initial thought is Boulder itself. I've heard its residents enjoy living active, healthy lifestyles and that describes me as well. The fact that it also seems like a college town is a plus. Is there a large Broncos fan presence there?

Another area I've heard would be good is LoDo. Being close to Coors Field would be sweet! But anyway, any recommendations? Thanks!
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Not a huge fan of Boulder, but it's definitely not a bad place to live, hard to find a bad place in Colorado. It's very liberal, if that plays a role into where you want to live.

I enjoy Fort Collins a lot, it's about 45 minutes north of Denver. Depending where you live, it can be a college town or the suburbs. It would be a pretty good commute to Boulder though...probably not ideal if that's where you'll be working.

If you want to live downtown, LoDo's is great. Pretty expensive. But you'll have that bar scene, be close to all the sporting venues, etc... and not a bad drive to Boulder.

20-30 minutes south of Denver is really nice too. Suburbs. Easy to get to Denver, but once again a decent commute to Boulder.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
      Not a huge fan of Boulder, but it's definitely not a bad place to live, hard to find a bad place in Colorado. It's very liberal, if that plays a role into where you want to live.

I enjoy Fort Collins a lot, it's about 45 minutes north of Denver. Depending where you live, it can be a college town or the suburbs. It would be a pretty good commute to Boulder though...probably not ideal if that's where you'll be working.

If you want to live downtown, LoDo's is great. Pretty expensive. But you'll have that bar scene, be close to all the sporting venues, etc... and not a bad drive to Boulder.

20-30 minutes south of Denver is really nice too. Suburbs. Easy to get to Denver, but once again a decent commute to Boulder.
      Thanks for the advice! Yeah I've heard Boulder is super liberal. I consider myself Libertarian but politics doesn't bug me very much, I typically try to ignore it. Is that what you don't like about Boulder, or is it other things?
      sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

To add to Broncoholic3233 Boulder is a town you'll either love or hate. Can't really tell that for you, you'll have to see it for yourself. They have a decent bar scene, albeit a mixture of hipster and college bar scene. It is expensive too.

Check out the Highlands area, its the new young "IT" place. It is a neighborhood on the opposite side of I-25 from Lodo. A lot of cool stuff going on there and very close to downtown. Plus commuting to Boulder from there wouldn't be bad at all.

Best of luck
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
          Thanks for the advice! Yeah I've heard Boulder is super liberal. I consider myself Libertarian but politics doesn't bug me very much, I typically try to ignore it. Is that what you don't like about Boulder, or is it other things?
          I just never really liked it, like Atwn said, you either love it or hate it.

Like I said, that's just my opinion, and it's really probably not a bad town at all, plenty of people live there, but it's just not a place I like. Not due to CSU v CU or anything like that, just been there plenty of times and couldn't see myself living there.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Colorado is awesome. I love my state but if given the opportunity I wouldn't hesitate to move to Colorado.

Comment

I lived in Boulder for 6 years when I was in my late teens and early 20's. Love it. Miss is. I'm proud that I lived out that way. I miss Colorado and always will. I return every couple years to see my mountains. I'm a Broncos fan because I lived in Boulder when Elway was playing and I now bleed orange.
              I'm stuck in Texas for my wife doesn't like cold weather and her family is all here.
              But my heart belongs to Colorado and forever will. Denver Metro is the gateway to job, housing and the mountains.... Best of luck.... GO BRONCOS!!!!
              Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

Wait a sec... My girl is leaving her job, moving to Denver and applying to a job in Boulder. Baby?

Anyway, I live in LoDo (well, Ballpark district as the rebrand goes) and literally right across the street from Coors Field. I'll tell you these two things
                1) Its AWESOME. Affords a great lifestyle, whether you are a party animal or a homebody that likes it quiet but enjoys a good meal and good company. Right by Coors also gives you close access to the highways so its easy to get to and from your place by car, everywhere you walk (or take the 16th st shuttle)

2) It aint cheap. I bought in 09 into a brand new building that was just desperate to give away units. There are some new places going up, but the market has recovered so its going to be hard to find something that is something you would love but without a roommate.
                "I don't know what was harder -- that [Phillies lineup] or the AL All-Star team lineup," - Dan Haren 7/28/2009

RIP JJ 07/29/2009

Comment

I just moved down to the west part of Denver (west of Littleton) and am liking it so far. A lot of job opportunities here and it's only about 12 miles from downtown.

Moved from Longmont which is close to Boulder. You might like Boulder. I lived in Gunnison for 3 and a half years and loved the outdoors type lifestyle it had with CB being so close and everything else. Anything up against the foothills is pretty good from Littleton/Lakewood to Boulder. Not too far from Denver and there's a lot going on.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

The best thing to do is see where you get a job and determine what you can afford and allow yourself a period of time to figure out what areas you like before committing too much. Get a 3-6 month lease or room mate situation and form your own opinions. No one has discussed traffic and if you do decide to move to Boulder, you are going to spend a lot of time on 36-- whether you want to or not. If you move to LoDo you had better have a high paying job and a tolerance for a lack of parking. If your a patient kind of guy, then the cramped streets congested by piles of plowed snow over parked cars will not bother you.

I work with a guy who is 27 and in the last 6-months he moved from Ft. Collins, to Boulder, to Wash Park and is now looking to come further south. He is tired of sitting in traffic and being broke.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone! If I get an interview, I'm hoping to spend a few days checking out the area and I'm sure I'll run into some traffic haha. Cincy traffic is bad too but who knows how they compare.

I would absolutely love living next to Coors Field! There are new apartments right across the street from Great American Ballpark in Cincy and I am insanely jealous of those who live there.
                      sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

They are building some brand new ones literally across the street form them, so you could be an original owner
                        "I don't know what was harder -- that [Phillies lineup] or the AL All-Star team lineup," - Dan Haren 7/28/2009

RIP JJ 07/29/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                          Thanks for the advice everyone! If I get an interview, I'm hoping to spend a few days checking out the area and I'm sure I'll run into some traffic haha. Cincy traffic is bad too but who knows how they compare.

I would absolutely love living next to Coors Field! There are new apartments right across the street from Great American Ballpark in Cincy and I am insanely jealous of those who live there.
                          If you wanna live downtown close to Coors prepare to hand out a few Sheckles its expensive in that area

Comment

Try the Broomfield, Arvada, Westminster area. You will be smack dab in the middle of where you would work Boulder and Denver. Not a bad commute to any place in the Denver metro area.

I was born in Boulder, so I love it there. I will defend it forever. lol

Good luck, I will pray that you land the job and hope that it is right for you.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                            Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                            Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                            Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                            I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X