No announcement yet.

Staying Warm During Football Practise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying Warm During Football Practise.

I have football practise everyday after school and it's very cold outside. The temperature is about in the mid to high 50's with a least a 40-50mph wind. Underneath all of my pads, I wear a longsleeve shirt and a black sweatshirt over that. But I still continue to become very very cold and by the end of practice I can't feel my feet, hands, or face. So my question to you is if you guys have any ideas on how to stay warm during football practise? Thanks and God Bless!
    :usa:***GOD BLESS OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES***:usa:

Invest is great pair of long johns. I have a pair of carharts that are ultra slim but crazy warm. Worth every penny.
    sigpic

Comment

Long John's & handwarmers. Try wind resistant clothing, 40-50mph sucks.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Ok Thanks guys, I really appriciate it.

Comment

Underarmour cold gear. Prob solved.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            Invest is great pair of long johns. I have a pair of carharts that are ultra slim but crazy warm. Worth every penny.
            you sound like an oilfield worker

Comment

Go to Walmart, get some straws, and suck it up. You'll get acclimated.

Comment

Drink a 5th of Vodka ... that'll warm ya up!
                sigpic

Comment

Wanna stay warm? Don't stop running.

Comment

Originally posted by #01BroncoFan View Post
                    I have football practise everyday after school and it's very cold outside. The temperature is about in the mid to high 50's with a least a 40-50mph wind. Underneath all of my pads, I wear a longsleeve shirt and a black sweatshirt over that. But I still continue to become very very cold and by the end of practice I can't feel my feet, hands, or face. So my question to you is if you guys have any ideas on how to stay warm during football practise? Thanks and God Bless!
                    Mid 50's?

lol

That's not real cold man... I work outside and 50's is perfect active weather. I wear a T-shirt when it's 50's lol Your problem is you're probably sweating under your cotton T-shirt and sweatshirt and the wind is making you feel cold. First, don't wear cotton if you're going to sweat a lot. Get some cheap synthetic material long underwear that are close to the skin. Not cotton but synthetic materials, that's important. Second, you're at football practice. Move around more lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                      Mid 50's?

lol

That's not real cold man... I work outside and 50's is perfect active weather. I wear a T-shirt when it's 50's lol Your problem is you're probably sweating under your cotton T-shirt and sweatshirt and the wind is making you feel cold. First, don't wear cotton if you're going to sweat a lot. Get some cheap synthetic material long underwear that are close to the skin. Not cotton but synthetic materials, that's important. Second, you're at football practice. Move around more lol
                      Thanks for the advise. And by the way, I'm just not a cold person unlike you

Comment

I would say, not sure if you've heard of them, but there are these things that they sell at walmart. I think they are called some sort of balls or something, i don't recall the name. they warm up the body by allowing you to focus on certain things. I'd look into that.

Comment

You are cold because you sweat during warm-ups and your clothes get damp. Then, you are probably less active later on in practice as your team is working on things and less active.

If you are wearing cotton clothes-- stop. That is what is making you cold as it absorbs your perspiration and you are wearing damp clothes later in practice as the sun gets lower and it gets colder.

Get some dry-fit undershirts that do not hold your sweat and allow it to evaporate out.

You should consider asking your coach because if you are cold, it probably means others are too and I am sure he wants you focused on practice rather than being distracted thinking about how cold you are.
                          sigpic

Comment

50's is cold?

I once played in a playoff game where the temperature was in the single digits with a 35 mph wind. It was so cold that the next day the in-ground sprinkler system froze and turned the field into a hockey rink.

But really, the one thing that you need to do is move around. I used to work in construction and had to work many a day when it was below zero and the best way to stay warm is to keep busy and stay moving.
                            sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                            Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                            Adopted By:
                            Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                            Broncbeat

Comment

50s lol.

I played ball in Denver and Las Vegas. 20 degree weather and 110 degree weather. 50s is perfect. Suck it up!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X