Innovation/Change Are Good....We Manage Change In The End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innovation/Change Are Good....We Manage Change In The End

I am not big on the new social media ways. If I was younger, I would be much more adept at, and excited about them. We have choices. When we're more socially active, we tend to go along with the flow, and see where things take us. We tend to be part of what's trendy. After all, few of us want to be isolated from the crowd.

But being a little more senior, semi retired, and pretty much happy with my lifestyle and who I socialize with, I really am not enamoured by the ways in which communication has evolved. Heck, my closest friends tend to use email for the most part (and some don't even have cell phones!!), although some of us have dabbled with face book at one time or another.

Regardless, I read a very good article yesterday, which mainly promoted the good things about today's "social networks." I could go on and explain, but it would take too long. In general it was an objective and thoughtful article, and one (even I in this case) has to respect the motives when the process is valid.

And I will try to conclude as succinctly as possible.....that even though I use this space to high light social media alone, the case is pretty much the same for all innovation and change. We hold the key to the complete evolution of almost anything new. We tend to alter the course. We may at first jump head first into these type of exciting new initiatives, but at some point, there is a balance of sorts that comes to play......and tends to moderate anything that swings the pendulum too far. This is true in relationships, business and other key aspects of our lives. We call the shots ultimately, even if it takes years.

I have faith in humanity. There are many issues that concern me, but in the end, when the smoke clears and the morning sun presents a clear picture for all to see, I believe we tend to get things right. It might take patience, and it might seem out of whack for a duration, but the human spirit is the great decision-maker when all has been sorted out....

The words to one of my all time favs....

Come gather 'round people
    Wherever you roam
    And admit that the waters
    Around you have grown
    And accept it that soon
    You'll be drenched to the bone
    If your time to you
    Is worth savin'
    Then you better start swimmin'
    Or you'll sink like a stone
    For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
    Who prophesize with your pen
    And keep your eyes wide
    The chance won't come again
    And don't speak too soon
    For the wheel's still in spin
    And there's no tellin' who
    That it's namin'
    For the loser now
    Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
    Please heed the call
    Don't stand in the doorway
    Don't block up the hall
    For he that gets hurt
    Will be he who has stalled
    There's a battle outside
    And it is ragin'
    It'll soon shake your windows
    And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
    Throughout the land
    And don't criticize
    What you can't understand
    Your sons and your daughters
    Are beyond your command
    Your old road is
    Rapidly agin'
    Please get out of the new one
    If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
    The curse it is cast
    The slow one now
    Will later be fast
    As the present now
    Will later be past
    The order is
    Rapidly fadin'
    And the first one now
    Will later be last

Comment

I have very little faith in humanity the hole needing fire to survive thing..Not having to work on Maggie's farm no more though is a good thing for times they are changing so maybe there is hope for us yet !

Comment

Originally posted by notmyname View Post
        I have very little faith in humanity the hole needing fire to survive thing..Not having to work on Maggie's farm no more though is a good thing for times they are changing so maybe there is hope for us yet !
        Hey dude, can you expand a bit. I'm not sharp today. I'm interested in what you are offering here.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Hey dude, can you expand a bit. I'm not sharp today. I'm interested in what you are offering here.
          Sure good read btw ! I wish I could articulate my thoughts to words as such so bare with me here..

I was actually contemplating this or something similar to what you wrote while looking over the frozen tundra of a winter soon to be as I sat upon the tree of woe..Just the other day as a matter of fact

I thought of all the advancements in society but what remains is the basic needs for survival one of them being heat or fire if you will..

I sat there frozen and almost starved mind you Amazed by how animals are able to survive in the environment on so little while humans the most advance would have trouble giving the same circumstances..Thinking about that I started thinking maybe humans are aliens to the earth

I know that is a little winded and all be it strange explanation but its the best I can do wo remembering my thoughts on such a cold lonely day shut off from the world

As for the Maggie's farm reference I never cared to much for the wallflowers his voice is muffled and his lyrics like this seem to go on forever ..

No I prefer Kayne West do you have any references to him a true lyrical genius

Last edited by notmyname; 12-14-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Sure good read btw ! I wish I could articulate my thoughts to words as such so bare with me here..

I was actually contemplating this or something similar to what you wrote while looking over the frozen tundra of a winter soon to be as I sat upon the tree of woe..Just the other day as a matter of fact

I thought of all the advancements in society but what remains is the basic needs for survival one of them being heat or fire if you will..

I sat there frozen and almost starved mind you Amazed by how animals are able to survive in the environment on so little while humans the most advance would have trouble giving the same circumstances..Thinking about that I started thinking maybe humans are aliens to the earth

I know that is a little winded and all be it strange explanation but its the best I can do wo remembering my thoughts on such a cold lonely day shut off from the world

As for the Maggie's farm reference I never cared to much for the wallflowers his voice is muffled and his lyrics like this seem to go on forever ..

No I prefer Kayne West do you have any references to him a true lyrical genius

I also am amazed how animals exist in such cold weather. We see many rabbits and even a few deer around here and we're in the city. And it could be -50, and they would still be here. And then I think of all those animals that survive the cold of this country, and then of course, the types that can exist in the most extreme cold, like the arctic.

We can dress for the cold, but we need a lot of help to survive in the really bad stuff!!

As for the Wallflowers, is that a reference to Bob Dylan's son? Not sure. The song I have quoted is of course, one of Bob Dylan's many fantastic creations.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              The song I have quoted is of course, one of Bob Dylan's many fantastic creations.
              Oh Bob Dylan !

He who is not busy being born is busy dying

Comment

Oh Bob Dylan !

He who is not busy being born is busy dying

Bob Dylan in my opinion, and many, many others, is a masterful poet and in some ways, a musical genius. I have to admit, his performances for the last 10, 15 years or more, have been confusing. But there was a long and beautiful time in music, when Bob Dylan and others made music interesting and inspiring. The lyrics mattered. I don't have a big collection of songs on my Ipod, but I certainly have some Dylan. He's a legend.

Comment

Working...
                X