Denver Post Has Gone Overboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Post Has Gone Overboard

I have been a Denver Post customer for years and I also look online for news about our Denver Broncos. They have the slowest most annoying website with their stupid popups and advertisements it is enough to drive you crazy.

It has gotten so bad I only look at their website on occasion because it is so darn slow and is a minefield, littered with advertisements and popups. The screens move to load advertisements so 9 times out of 10 you are trying to select a story you end up picking the wrong items or if you pass the cursor over the wrong spot on the screen you either start a popup or some video you don't care about.

Now today I get a popup that says I have reached my monthly limit of free articles and if I want to continue to read the articles I have to subscribe to their ALL Access data plan. Granted it is only .99 cents but if I have to tolerate the slow website and all the stupid popups and advertising I certainly am not going to pay to be bombarded with crap advertising I don't care about.

I would rather pay their full normal printed subscription price for online content if it was hosted on a website that was popup and advertising free. If I want something in the market place section I will tolerate the ads because I am looking for something to purchase.

I am getting older and my stress levels and time are precious to me and when I am overwhelmed with advertising of products and services I do not want I get cranky.

Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Yup, that started earlier this month.

I experience the same things your talking about here, every day there. except I have not yet gotten that limit pop up.

And of course, there no way I pay them, so I am expecting it. And no way I am actually buying their print version just to get their online garbage free.

Soon, the Post will be as relevant as Westword, as far as daily news is concerned.

Remember when Denver was a two paper town, and there was a decent choice? Now it's a no newspaper town.

Comment

I should have said I have been a Denver Post customer since the Rocky Mountain News went out of business. I miss the Rocky Mountain News.

From what I understand you do not get free online content with your normal news paper subscription. It would still be extra.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't remember the details. The article announcing this wonderful change was several weeks ago. I thought it said online was free with if you got the paper.

Didn't really care to be honest. I dropped the actual paper a long time ago (as hard as that was to do), and knew that my time reading the Post's website was coming to an end away.

Pretty much switched to the Springs Gazette.

They both just take stories off the internet themselves anyway. It's not like the Post actually had any reporters going out and really covering events anyway, like the TV stations do.

I guess the sports guys actually bothered to like go down to Dove Valley and go to games. But the rest of the Post could be read anywhere. Same stories with the same bylines you find on any newspaper website.

The Post, The Gazette, the Ft. Collins paper (maybe it's Greeley). The same stories. That northern paper also has a limit, and costs to view. I hit that in a few days after the Post made their announcement. Never went back.

Someone's gonna figure out a way to charge us to breathe pretty soon…….

Comment

The lost Legwold over to ESPN and then put the Basketball guy doing double duty Broncos and Nuggets.
          The sports over there is just not the same.
          I definitely will not pay for anything. I agree their ad stuff is annoying

Comment

I don't read my local paper or the Denver Post… but I think probably a lot of news papers are going that route. Maybe less folks subscribe since you can get all the news you want online. They have to charge something to keep it going, I'm sure.

I get the 10 article max all the time with the New York Times. I just change browsers or sometimes switch computers and it lets me read more. Every time I get suckered into subscribing to something, it's next to impossible to cancel it seems so I just find ways around it for the ones I read.
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

My fear is that if I subscribe to these sites the next thing you know you are getting junk mail from everybody and their grandmother because the service sold their email list.

I am not going to sign up for this to have my email address sold off to the highest bidder.
              sigpic

Comment

They've sucked for a while now. I hate this format, the one they had previously was so much better. Mark Kiszla shouldn't have a job as a sports reporter.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

Broncos news via denverpost.com is no longer free?

Being a Broncos fan from out of state I often go to denverpost.com to read about the Broncos. Today, for the first time, a window popped up telling me I have reached my limit of free articles for this 30-day period. Now for a price, I can sign up for digital access. How long has this been in effect? This site seems to overly bombard me with advertisements anyway. Now they want me to pay too? Don't their ads provide enough income to keep the site free? I really miss the Rocky Mountain news site. Go Broncos!!
                  If you love NFL stats and history
                  pro-football-reference.com
                  jt-sw.com/football

Comment

There is already a thread about this

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...Gone-Overboard

mods? Is it possible you can merge these links?

Comment

Yep, wrong section of the boards and already posted.
                      sigpic

Comment

I sent an email to the Denver post to complain. Probably won't do any good but im sure if more do, they have to look at our concerns.

Comment

Working...
                        X