Embracing heritage-Starting Traditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embracing heritage-Starting Traditions

Starting a new traditional in our family where instead of having the usual Christmas dinner, we'll eat the food of where our heritages come from.

My family is Black, Native American, Irish, Scottish, and French.(Mostly the first 2).
    So we(I) thought it'd be cool to try something new this year. This year we'll be having an Irish Christmas dinner, where we eat the food people in Ireland eat on Christmas(traditionally).

Next year we'll have a Native American Christmas dinner.

So I'm curious is anyone else starting a new tradition, and do you guys have a special tradition for this time of year.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Wow, what a great idea!

When the menu is set, please share. I like food.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      Wow, what a great idea!

When the menu is set, please share. I like food.
      Currently it's;
      Turkey
      Ham
      Brussels Sprouts
      Mashed Potatoes
      Parsnips
      Carrots
      Stuffing
      Spiced Beef
      Mince Pie
      Plum Pudding

and an Irish beer.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        Starting a new traditional in our family where instead of having the usual Christmas dinner, we'll eat the food of where our heritages come from.

My family is Black, Native American, Irish, Scottish, and French.(Mostly the first 2).
        So we(I) thought it'd be cool to try something new this year. This year we'll be having an Irish Christmas dinner, where we eat the food people in Ireland eat on Christmas(traditionally).

Next year we'll have a Native American Christmas dinner.

So I'm curious is anyone else starting a new tradition, and do you guys have a special tradition for this time of year.
        I thought this was an interesting idea. How did it go?

We have a traditional Southern-style Christmas dinner (dad was from SC).

For New Year's, though, I go Japanese (mom was Japanese). Today, we went to Rockville and Wheaton to a couple of Japanese stores (those are the closest). Udon, mochi and a bunch of things I can't get here. Some beautiful washi. I really miss Japantown in SF.
        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Every year on Christmas its tamales for dinner.
          sigpic
          Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Turn out well, couldn't find spice Beef so we went with Corn Beef.
            My siblings wasn't a fan of the Brussel Sprouts.

The next day we had Shepard's Pie to continue the team.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Great Idea! I'm African American so we had our traditional soul food spread. But a year or 2 ago, we did decide to change it up little, instead of the traditional spread, we had bbq ribs, chicken etc. With Thanksgiving and Christmas back to back, you get tired of the some ole same ole. I think one Thanksgiving wifey had a crab tray, LOL.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X