No announcement yet.

christmas eve or christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same as heaney christmas is spent at my home w/ my wife and kids. All be it this is prolly the worst christmas ever....My wife's mother passed away a few days ago, things have been real tough....My wife has always been a rock and it just breaks my heart to see her so distraught....It just doesn't feel like christmas this year....
    Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

yea man im sorry about your mother in law

want advice from a 14 year old?

get your wife a diamond necklace from kay jewelers to make her feel better...

just my advice hope you like it

Comment

Originally posted by Lynch Bailey247
        When does everyone open their gifts and such, christmas eve, or christmas morning?my family opens them on christmas eve...i cant wait till christmas though so i can get to watch broncos and such...and i think im getting good gifts... btw MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas to you too, all I want for X-mas is a win against the Titans, and the Colts, and to make it to the playoffs. I know, its a long list, but it could happen. Oh ya, we open gifts Christmas morning.

Comment

Originally posted by West
          yea man im sorry about your mother in law

want advice from a 14 year old?

get your wife a diamond necklace from kay jewelers to make her feel better...

just my advice hope you like it

Thanks westy but we went out today and bought each other gifts together.....all she wanted was perfume.....We get our enjoyment out of watching the kids open their gifts...It's just a real somber time this year.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

sorry man...i tried to help you...but to surprise her pick out one or plan like a weekend get away for you two in the appalachians out in a cousy cabin maybe that will help...maybe some alone time and quality time with you and her

Comment

Thanks again westy , this is just one of those things that will take time ..The holidays are gonna end being a yearly somber time for me I think....W/ this and 4 years ago my grandmother was burried on new years eve......Time heals all wounds .......

Thanks SNK16

Comment

you can only hope booher...tell the wife im sorry for her sorrows

Comment

hey

Booher, I just read this. Sorry you gotta go through a tough thing like that at Christmas time. My thoughts go out to ya. And I wanna say this about that to you. Boo, you got it in your power to be strong and I know you will, and here is the deal. Your challenge is to stop the grieving, after this season/year and make Christmas time a wonderful/happy holiday again, and a GOOD TIME TO HONOR THE MEMORY of your wife's beloved mom. You proably have already considered this, but it is YOU, dude, who is gonna be the prime motivator next year to make sure the holiday doesn't get transformed into a melancholy time for your wife, and so then by extension the family. I have seen this happen before, and a coincidental event/tragedy can derail people during that time of year for decades and longer. I know you will use yer head, and come up with a good way to celebrate the LIFE that is gone, helping yer wife to avoid the trap of despairing the passing itself, and thereby throwing a damper on Christmas year after year.
                  I know you got it in you to shape your families future for the good, and that is why you de be Big Daddy Cool! All them little critters are countin' on ya, man!

Thinking about it...you and your blessed wife both know deep down that the last thing her Ma would want is for you all to let it be a downer, you know she would rather you celebrate her life, rather than dwell on her passing. Same same with yer Grandma, dude! I do not mean to overstep my place, I am simply putting into words things you have vaguely thought of, but at this stage might not have uttered outright. And I am saying it for me, too man. To remind myself of the same responsibility. For those of us who are strong individuals, tragedy is an opportunity to overcome adversity. You and me, we aint no weak sisters! There are lots of others looking to us to lead by example. We do not have the luxury of breaking down. That is why you de be Big Daddy Cool, and you gonna do yer thang!
                  Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 12-26-2004, 12:32 PM.
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
                    Same as heaney christmas is spent at my home w/ my wife and kids. All be it this is prolly the worst christmas ever....My wife's mother passed away a few days ago, things have been real tough....My wife has always been a rock and it just breaks my heart to see her so distraught....It just doesn't feel like christmas this year....
                    I'm so sorry to hear this. Last year I had a close family member pass away just before Christmas, and yes it is very tough.(I never really got in the spirit last year myself) As you said earlier, time heals, this year wasn't so bad, but you still get choked up, always in your memories.
                    Take Care.

Comment

Thank you guys........I know life goes on you just question some things after a death but I beleive that is a normal reaction...My wife is getting better, the family will be just fine.......I know that tragedy and death are part of life I just wish they would stop occuring during the holidays..Luckily the kids are too young to understand....I remember my uncle died when I was 5 and I was affected by it.......then again my other uncle died 2 years ago his name is jordan thus where I got my middle name jordan and my daughter got her name I named her jordan...But I thought it was important for her to be there so me and her went.......It's just tough times , My wife is the srongest person I know though so I'm sure in time she'll be fine.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Working...
                      X