X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen

Though like many have said it is hard to nail it down to just one. I listen to a crazy variety of music and have a favorite for each one. But I think Bohemian Rhapsody is the only song I have never not been in the mood for.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I was raised on the 50's/early 60's
    I have similar reflections, The mid-late 60's was all about the Beatles, Elvis, Stones, Doors, and Yardbirds. Late 60's into the 70's was Yarbird spinoffs, Creme, Jeff Beck, Led Zeplin, and folk bands such as 3-Dog Night, America and a few other. New age popped up with Elton John and others. Mowtown I recall was Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, The Marvin Gaye, and God Rest his soul, the man...drumroll please....yes...EVERYBODY IN THE HOT TUB..............JAAAAAAAAAMES BROWNWWWN......kick it!

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    I was raised on the 50's/early 60's

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    My tastes are more: The Beach Boys, Elvis, *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Motown, etc.
    I grew up with parents that listened to the first two, the 90's Motown is not for me. I like 70's folk, like Led Zepplin and Chuck Berry, but when the music split I did not go pop.

Funny thing about this thread, I have been on Youtube all evening listening to music. So far the extremes have been Eisenfunk, Pong; the Yarbirds, For you Love; Prong, Snap your Fingers snap your Neck; and Merle Haggard, tonight the Bottle let me down.....Man I am all over the place. But, it is fun reflecting.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    OK OK, I see, maybe some Nazareth Hair of the Dog? Hmm Hmm?
    My tastes are more: The Beach Boys, Elvis, *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Motown, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    Also a big Pearl Jam fan.

Release

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    Don't know if I can narrow it down to one song. Some of my all time faves:

Recently found this cool acoustic performance by Pete Townshend of one of my favorites

Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    Not a fan. I prefer more "pop" in my music
    OK OK, I see, maybe some Nazareth Hair of the Dog? Hmm Hmm?

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied
    I'm not the biggest music aficionado, but at the moment a couple of my favs are Little Wing- Jimi Hendrix, and Comes and Goes- Greg Laswell.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Waaaaayyyyyyy too many list, but a few that show up on my most played list:

MC5 - Kick Out The Jams
    The Stooges- Search and Destroy
    Prince - Sign of the Times
    Pearl Jam - Immortality
    Marvin Gaye - Got to Give it Up
    Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
    The Beatles - You Never Give Me Your Money
    Michael Jackson - Human Nature
    The Black Crowes - Wiser Time

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    I can't pick a 'favorite' song of all time. There are just too many for different moods, events, etc.

A song that I have been listening to a TON is: The Fray - The Wind

It's just a chill song that you can listen to cruising around, or alone in your room. Give it a listen...

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    It never gets old does it?

How about some Doors, LA Woman-- ya gotta like some Mr. MoJo Risin'!!
    Not a fan. I prefer more "pop" in my music

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    Great song . I just listened to it twice on Saturday night, in the movie of the same name
    It never gets old does it?

How about some Doors, LA Woman-- ya gotta like some Mr. MoJo Risin'!!

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Takin' Care of Business, BTO

It is a happy tune!

I saw Randy Bachman in a bar in Marietta, GA back in 1991. We arrived about an hour before the show and the place was empty. We had our pick of seating and chose a high-top table 10' from where the band was set up right in the middle. I sat and watched the whole show sipping beer 10' away.

In 2004 I played on a competitive online gaming team (Call of Duty). One of the guys on our team saw Randy Bachman and got him to autograph a photo that was addressed to the team: Silent Warriors. To me he seemed like a regular guy that enjoyed making good music.
    Great song . I just listened to it twice on Saturday night, in the movie of the same name

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    Takin' Care of Business, BTO

It is a happy tune!

I saw Randy Bachman in a bar in Marietta, GA back in 1991. We arrived about an hour before the show and the place was empty. We had our pick of seating and chose a high-top table 10' from where the band was set up right in the middle. I sat and watched the whole show sipping beer 10' away.

In 2004 I played on a competitive online gaming team (Call of Duty). One of the guys on our team saw Randy Bachman and got him to autograph a photo that was addressed to the team: Silent Warriors. To me he seemed like a regular guy that enjoyed making good music.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X