I Stained My Manning Jersey!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Stained My Manning Jersey!!!

So, my wife knows how much I love The Broncos, and last year she bought me a Peyton Manning jersey, and a good quality one at that. I wasn't going to challenge her, but to be honest, there are others on the team I might prefer to have, although Peyton is quite fine by me. Plus she had really good intentions.

So, we finally make it to a real game this past season, against Philadelphia. I've written about the time we had elsewhere, but to sum it up, we had a great 4 days in Denver and surrounding countryside! We both want to come back someday.

Anyway, it was a beautiful day, and I walked around with my crisp, new #18 on my torso with some serious pride. Easy thing to wear in Denver. We got to the field quite early, so we walked around, caught the sights, took the pics, and waited for the game. My wife is hungry, so she purchases some form of veggie sandwich. She offers me a bite, so I take one. Problem is, some avocado slides out and down, gliding off the number "8" on the front of my jersey. Unfortunately the green of the avocado absorbs right into the number. I now have a beautiful new jersey, with green stains on the front, and the game hasn't even begun. I am not happy. I try to carefully remove the stain, but with little success.

As the day went on, the stain became less and less of a problem, given what I had experienced as a Broncos fan. Heck, I'm sure jerseys are full of beer and food stains, some more impacting than avocado.

Now, a half year later, I notice that the stain has almost disappeared, but not quite. My wife agrees to work on it, because she always knows best. She is in no panic, because it might be a while before I wear it again. After all, for me it's a Denver jersey, and that's where I will put it on again.

Hey, if nothing else, the smallish stain is a reminder of a great day, make that a great little vacation!

Any of you know how to remove avocado stains from a white numbered jersey?

Just tell people it is a game worn jersey. Green stains are expected on the jerseys.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I now blame you for staining my dream of this awesome season. That stain was forshadowing to the superbowl and you are now the reason we lost

But glad to hear the stain is coming out so we can win it next year

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Hmmmmm.......Peyton could do a commercial using your shirt

Comment

Hmm. I have a few authentic jerseys, and I've always been extremely careful when I wear mine. Have you tried turning the jersey inside out and washing it? If the stain is deep, it might be helpful to get a Shout Wipe and scrub it while it's turned inside out, too. Hope this helps, bud.

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
            Just tell people it is a game worn jersey. Green stains are expected on the jerseys.
            I was just thinking that.....I took one for the team!!

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
            I now blame you for staining my dream of this awesome season. That stain was forshadowing to the superbowl and you are now the reason we lost

But glad to hear the stain is coming out so we can win it next year
            Sorry.......I am a stain on humanity!!!

Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
            Hmm. I have a few authentic jerseys, and I've always been extremely careful when I wear mine. Have you tried turning the jersey inside out and washing it? If the stain is deep, it might be helpful to get a Shout Wipe and scrub it while it's turned inside out, too. Hope this helps, bud.
            Thx for the advice. As I mentioned have already activated the repair......

I reminded my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
              Hmmmmm.......Peyton could do a commercial using your shirt

How did I miss yours 2MW....sorry.

My response is, Peyton might get mad at me for staining his lovely shirt. I've seen what he can do when he's mad.........on SNL!!!

Comment

Club soda is an amazing thing and has helped me get rid of many a stain, including red wine, which is almost impossible to get out. If it works on that should work on avocado. Give that a whirl.

However, I don't think anything can help with you being the stain on humanity that you are Can. Sorry, Got nothing for that
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  So, my wife knows how much I love The Broncos, and last year she bought me a Peyton Manning jersey, and a good quality one at that. I wasn't going to challenge her, but to be honest, there are others on the team I might prefer to have, although Peyton is quite fine by me. Plus she had really good intentions.

So, we finally make it to a real game this past season, against Philadelphia. I've written about the time we had elsewhere, but to sum it up, we had a great 4 days in Denver and surrounding countryside! We both want to come back someday.

Anyway, it was a beautiful day, and I walked around with my crisp, new #18 on my torso with some serious pride. Easy thing to wear in Denver. We got to the field quite early, so we walked around, caught the sights, took the pics, and waited for the game. My wife is hungry, so she purchases some form of veggie sandwich. She offers me a bite, so I take one. Problem is, some avocado slides out and down, gliding off the number "8" on the front of my jersey. Unfortunately the green of the avocado absorbs right into the number. I now have a beautiful new jersey, with green stains on the front, and the game hasn't even begun. I am not happy. I try to carefully remove the stain, but with little success.

As the day went on, the stain became less and less of a problem, given what I had experienced as a Broncos fan. Heck, I'm sure jerseys are full of beer and food stains, some more impacting than avocado.

Now, a half year later, I notice that the stain has almost disappeared, but not quite. My wife agrees to work on it, because she always knows best. She is in no panic, because it might be a while before I wear it again. After all, for me it's a Denver jersey, and that's where I will put it on again.

Hey, if nothing else, the smallish stain is a reminder of a great day, make that a great little vacation!

Any of you know how to remove avocado stains from a white numbered jersey?

Did you run out of ... no, wait ... oh, avocado! I'll ask my wife.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    Club soda is an amazing thing and has helped me get rid of many a stain, including red wine, which is almost impossible to get out. If it works on that should work on avocado. Give that a whirl.

However, I don't think anything can help with you being the stain on humanity that you are Can. Sorry, Got nothing for that
                    Club soda eh?

I'll work on the other stain each and every waking hour!:brick:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      Club soda eh?

I'll work on the other stain each and every waking hour!:brick:
                      Yup, club soda or sparkling water really does work. I don't know why but it does.

And you don't need to work on the other stain, you are already awesome.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        Yup, club soda or sparkling water really does work. I don't know why but it does.

And you don't need to work on the other stain, you are already awesome.
                        You are too nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X