Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Be Creative....What Would You Invent If You Had The Resourcefulness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Be Creative....What Would You Invent If You Had The Resourcefulness?

Ideas are fun and enlightening and keep us creative and open-minded. In this case, what ideas do you have that would make for a good invention? Something you'd like but have no "idea" how to get it off the ground (hmmm....as in, the invention of the airplane).:dance:

So I ask you, what's missing out there that would make you a happier camper? Perhaps this could be the start of some legit inventions.

For me, and maybe it's already out there, I'd like the anti-microwave......the one that makes things colder within seconds. I've thought of this for years, and maybe it's actually invented already. Is it??? If not, that would be so cool (), having a warm pop instantly become a cold drink on a hot day. OK.....maybe I should work on my planning skills, and have popped it in the fridge/freezer before I needed it!

Some other ideas:

- A washer/dryer all in one

- Something that puts all the dishes, pots, utensils away after preparing food (ever notice how many things are involved in a simple meal!!!). Hmmm, some will say this is why you have a partner, and others will suggest paper and plastic throwaways, while some others will push the old "take out" button.

- A gadget that gives bad drivers a tiny shock, after they cut you off, or ride your bumper for too long! OK.....that's a little nasty, but I sure wish I could give them a little "wake up" when they are driving like fools! (Maybe scratch this one)

- Here's one to mull over this weekend.....a dome that pops on and off an area when a bad storm is approaching. I'm talkin a BIG bleapin dome!!! (We might also have to take a pass on this one).

I'm sure I'll have a lot more. Some may actually be practical!

What say you?

An un-microwave would be great. There are beverage chillers for beers... or any other beverage, I suppose.

And, in your younger days, didn't they have a washer/dryer machine that did it both? I seem to recall and old co-worker talking about his wife's dad's house having had one up until a few years ago. I could be wrong. But that would be pretty danred awesome if it didn't exist.

What would I invent?

I would invent the "uninventable". End of story.

edit; looks like we are late to the party on the washer/dryer.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      An un-microwave would be great. There are beverage chillers for beers... or any other beverage, I suppose.

And, in your younger days, didn't they have a washer/dryer machine that did it both? I seem to recall and old co-worker talking about his wife's dad's house having had one up until a few years ago. I could be wrong. But that would be pretty danred awesome if it didn't exist.

What would I invent?

I would invent the "uninventable". End of story.

edit; looks like we are late to the party on the washer/dryer.
      Thx eb, now I know what I need to invent for myself......a better memory and perhaps the initiative to google more!!

Another invention of sorts that would work for me, a pill that would put me asleep for exactly the length of a flight. I do not do well on long flights, or really bumpy ones. But I think I know the current solution:

Anesthetics!

(not sure that would be legal!)

Comment

I'd build: X-ray specs, a VR (virtual reality headset) that was specific to me AND another one that would be cheap enough for people to buy, AND I'd build a way to utilize all 100% of my brain's potential
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I'd invent a device that'd let you materialize anything you see on TV into your possession....with the exception of weaponry of any kind.

Don't want people watching 24, then materializing a nuke.

I'd also invent a way to travel at FTL(Faster Than Light) speed.

I'd invent a way to defend Earth from giant space rocks.

I'd invent a armor/suit similar to both Iron Man and Spartan II armor in every way they are fictionally.

I'd invent a legit fueling source that doesn't harm the environment and is very cheap.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The lawnmower version of the Roomba.

The washer and dryer mentioned above...but it also folds your clothes.

The dishwasher that puts away the dishes.

The garbage that empties itself.

I could go on and on
            My other love...
            sigpic
            305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
              I'd build: X-ray specs, a VR (virtual reality headset) that was specific to me AND another one that would be cheap enough for people to buy, AND I'd build a way to utilize all 100% of my brain's potential
              Good stuff HC......as for maxing brain potential, my fear is that I'd find out I was already at 100%!!!

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              I'd invent a device that'd let you materialize anything you see on TV into your possession....with the exception of weaponry of any kind.

Don't want people watching 24, then materializing a nuke.

I'd also invent a way to travel at FTL(Faster Than Light) speed.

I'd invent a way to defend Earth from giant space rocks.

I'd invent a armor/suit similar to both Iron Man and Spartan II armor in every way they are fictionally.

I'd invent a legit fueling source that doesn't harm the environment and is very cheap.
              Creative stuff IB.

I often wonder if the last item you mention has already been presented for implementation, only to end up in the back corner of a huge "don't mess with the oil companies" warehouse!

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker View Post

I could go on and on
              Hey CT....you and I think alike.....make everyday things easier.:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Good stuff HC......as for maxing brain potential, my fear is that I'd find out I was already at 100%!!!

Creative stuff IB.

I often wonder if the last item you mention has already been presented for implementation, only to end up in the back corner of a huge "don't mess with the oil companies" warehouse!

The reason I put that is so that I could have mind control, like Professor X
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Exactly! That way I could focus more on what I want to do rather than what I have to do.
                  My other love...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker View Post

I could go on and on
                    They have that. I saw it on Storage Wars (it's what I watch to avoid sports shows after a bad loss).
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Creative stuff IB.

The fueling sources we've all heard off don't seem to work. By very cheap, I meant very cheap for the government. Sure they can't pass up on a bargain.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        They have that. I saw it on Storage Wars (it's what I watch to avoid sports shows after a bad loss).
                        Oh wow, I had no idea! So there's two ideas in this thread now that have already been invented.
                        My other love...
                        sigpic

Comment

My mom would invent something that would cure EVERY disease, just like that

Comment

A pillow that never loses its cool
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I would make these things real:

Comment

Working...
                              X