The Burger Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Burger Thread

Let's face it: We all love burgers. Big and small. It's about time we devote a thread to this love.

What do you like about burgers? What don't you like about burgers? How do you like them cooked? What are your favorite ingredients? Seasoning? Cheese? Condiments? BACON?!?

What's the most interesting burger you've seen/tasted? What's the best burger you've ever had? What restaurant makes the best burgers? What do you like to eat alongside your burger? What do you like to drink alongside your burger? BURGERS BURGERS BURGERS!!!

This thread is to answer all of life's questions about that delicious slab of meat on a bun that we've all come to know and love.

My favorite kind of burger and I know Sam would agree with me on this is a Green chile Burger.

sigpic
    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

I'll get started with a tasty burger I was lucky enough to eat in D.C.

In Capitol Hill/Southeast D.C. there's a pretty awesome place known as Ted's Bulletin. They take classic American food (some with a twist), and present it in an upscale way.

The burger: Drew's Peanut Butter Bacon Burger. Take a burger, add bacon, place it on a sesame seed bun, and top it off with a layer of peanut butter. Serve some sweet and spicy roma tomato jam on the side, and you're done! The bacon-cheeseburger version of peanut butter and jelly?!? I was a bit hesitant to try this at first, but the waiter insisted "it will change your life!"

Boy was he right. It's such an interesting flavor, but so delicious as well. I've only been lucky enough to have this burger once, but I've craved it many times since.

If you're ever in the Nation's capital, I recommend heading over to Ted's Bulletin and giving this burger a try. Be sure to couple it with one of their many flavors of "Adult Milkshakes." Yes, they're real and they're spectacular!

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
        I'll get started with a tasty burger I was lucky enough to eat in D.C.

In Capitol Hill/Southeast D.C. there's a pretty awesome place known as Ted's Bulletin. They take classic American food (some with a twist), and present it in an upscale way.

The burger: Drew's Peanut Butter Bacon Burger. Take a burger, add bacon, place it on a sesame seed bun, and top it off with a layer of peanut butter. Serve some sweet and spicy roma tomato jam on the side, and you're done! The bacon-cheeseburger version of peanut butter and jelly?!? I was a bit hesitant to try this at first, but the waiter insisted "it will change your life!"

Boy was he right. It's such an interesting flavor, but so delicious as well. I've only been lucky enough to have this burger once, but I've craved it many times since.

If you're ever in the Nation's capital, I recommend heading over to Ted's Bulletin and giving this burger a try. Be sure to couple it with one of their many flavors of "Adult Milkshakes." Yes, they're real and they're spectacular!

That does sound pretty good.
        sigpic

Comment

Next up, MELT in Leesburg, Virginia.

This is a gourmet cheeseburger place, that makes tons of different combinations of burgers, and you can even create your own!

The burgers are massive, and they're served with an unhealthy portion of french fries. That being said, they are among one of the tastiest things I've ever had. The meat is fresh, and the toppings are interesting and delicious. Check out MELT if you ever get the chance.

Comment

as far as fast burgers...five guys is my favorite.

bacon, cheese, mushrooms, onions, maybe an avocado
            yea the burger itself is a meal....I eat 2

that being said I like to make my own....
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Five guys is the only fast food burger I'll eat…. if it's not five guys then we make it ourselves. I love avocado or mushrooms, usually swiss cheese, onions, and tomatoes….

I do love a green chile burger when in New Mexico, and in New Mexico always loved Blakes…. don't know that they have those in any other state.
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
                My favorite kind of burger and I know Sam would agree with me on this is a Green chile Burger.

Well, Hello! You took the words right out of my mouth and supplied a picture of something I would like to put into my mouth!

That's a good looking one. Where does it come from? Your kitchen?
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                  Five guys is the only fast food burger I'll eat…. if it's not five guys then we make it ourselves. I love avocado or mushrooms, usually swiss cheese, onions, and tomatoes….

I do love a green chile burger when in New Mexico, and in New Mexico always loved Blakes…. don't know that they have those in any other state.
                  Right. I had a double meat Lotta Burger with cheese and green chile a week ago.

Then, there's the green chile cheeseburger war in San Antonio, New Mexico between the Buckhorn Tavern and the Owl Bar across the street from each other. One can do a burger comparison on the way to and from the Bosque Del Apache Game Refuge, Fort Craig or the Valverde Battlefield site. :thumb:
                  Last edited by samparnell; 03-15-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Well, Hello! You took the words right out of my mouth and supplied a picture of something I would like to put into my mouth!

That's a good looking one. Where does it come from? Your kitchen?
                    I found the picture on the Intranets. It said it was from the Buckhorn Tavern.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
                      I found the picture on the Intranets. It said it was from the Buckhorn Tavern.
                      In San Antonio, New Mexico? That figures. The Owl and the Buckhorn are across the road from each other just off the I-25 exit about ten miles South of Socorro.

Hey, Man. Get on I-25 and meet me in ABQ, and we can go down to the Buckhorn and the Owl for a serious, scientific comparison study. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        In San Antonio, New Mexico? That figures. The Owl and the Buckhorn are across the road from each other just off the I-25 exit about ten miles South of Socorro.

Hey, Man. Get on I-25 and meet me in ABQ, and we can go down to the Buckhorn and the Owl for a serious, scientific comparison study. :thumb:
                        Yes I can see it now, we will get our own TV special and call it the Battle of the Green.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am sure I have discussed the fine art of burgers here before, possibly within a different thread......but it's always a good topic, and prompts me to think about:

Cheeseburger in Paradise!

Hey, if it's juicy and messy and inside a really good bun, accompanied by some golden brown fries, and possibly a nice cold "pop"......then life is very good!!!

Comment

My favorite burger was the Tot Burger served at the Busy Bee in Raleigh, NC.

Here's a pic of it. I added double bacon to it, and no chive. Sat on the rooftop sipping some great local brews too listening to local musicians.

A juicy burger well worth the price. I left there stuffed!

sigpic
                            The Bronco fan pledge;
                            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                            Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                              My favorite burger was the Tot Burger served at the Busy Bee in Raleigh, NC.

Here's a pic of it. I added double bacon to it, and no chive. Sat on the rooftop sipping some great local brews too listening to local musicians.

A juicy burger well worth the price. I left there stuffed!

Is there any other way to have a burger.

Another one of my favorites is the Royal Red Robin with the egg on top of it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X