Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
    :thumb: Hate those things.

Growing up, we had a huge fireplace. I burned em all.

LOL!

Or right handed forks............???
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

They do have left-handed scissors, which is good. I've tried to use right-handed scissors with my left hand (can't remember why) and it was difficult.

Binders and notebooks. Never thought about them being a problem.

Step-father was a bowler, almost went pro. He had 2-3 300 games in sanctioned leagues. I guess being left-handed didn't hurt him.

JWinn, the smiley works. I think you put a space in between the words. Habit to hit the space bar.
      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        They do have left-handed scissors, which is good. I've tried to use right-handed scissors with my left hand (can't remember why) and it was difficult.

Step-father was a bowler, almost went pro. He had 2-3 300 games in sanctioned leagues. I guess being left-handed didn't hurt him.

JWinn, the smiley works. I think you put a space in between the words. Habit to hit the space bar.
        Umm.. I just click the images in the extra window. I don't type them out. I click the little orange "more", and open the page of emoticons, and scroll down to it, and click that.

Must be my spell checker doing something to it.

sorry

Last edited by JWinn; 04-02-2014, 04:38 PM. Reason: worked there

Comment

I tried lefty scissors once, but do better with regular ones in my right hand. Like NORMAL people, lol.

Take a spiral binder. Even a small one with a small wire in the middle, like a date book, and flip it over. Now try writing on it like you would as usual. Write out several sentences, just like you would on the other side.

Some people hold their hand up in the air when they write normally. Like a school teacher who writes on a blackboard. The hand is floating free essentially. But most of us lay the hand down, and the palm touches the paper while we write.

Do it with a pencil!

As a lefty, especially using pencils, I always smeared my work, as my palm would always follow the words, unlike for righties, where the words flow away from the hand as you write.

Pencil probably won't make a difference to righties though, unless they start writing Hebrew.

Last edited by JWinn; 04-02-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I tried lefty scissors once, but do better with regular ones in my right hand. Like NORMAL people, lol.

Take a spiral bunder. Even a small one with a small wire in the middle, like a date book, and flip it over. Now try writing on it like you would as usual. Write out several sentences, just like you would on the other side.

Some people hold their hand up in the air when they write normally. Like a school teacher who writes on a blackboard. The hand is floating free essentially. But most of us lay the hand down, and the palm touches the paper while we write.

Do it with a pencil!

As a lefty, especially using pencils, I always smeared my work, as my palm would always follow the words, unlike for righties, where the words flow away from the hand as you write.

Pencil probably won't make a difference to righties though, unless they start writing Hebrew.

Whoa! Scissors??! Now you're just joshing with me. Ever try running with the wrong pair of scissors in the wrong hand?? DO. NOT. DO. IT!!!!! Scary things happen.

Comment

Ambidexterity is so yesterday. Ambiflipperity is the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                Ambidexterity is so yesterday. Ambiflipperity is the way!
                Be careful though, if one flipper is stronger then the other you could be swimming in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  Be careful though, if one flipper is stronger then the other you could be swimming in circles.
                  Story of my life

BTW you're being circled you flippant young thing
                  Last edited by Jaws; 04-05-2014, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Take a spiral binder. Even a small one with a small wire in the middle, like a date book, and flip it over. Now try writing on it like you would as usual. Write out several sentences, just like you would on the other side.

Do it with a pencil!

Oh my gosh! Its so true about pencil smearing. When I was in school, i would come home with the whole side of my hand with pencil smear! I guess now i rarely use a pencil.

Comment

ambidextrous, both right-handedness

Left-handed people are in their right mind.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        ambidextrous, both right-handedness

Left-handed people are in their right mind.
                        Few people are born perfect, the rest are right handed.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                          Oh my gosh! Its so true about pencil smearing. When I was in school, i would come home with the whole side of my hand with pencil smear! I guess now i rarely use a pencil.
                          Pens are the same. That's why I go get the Pilot G-2 with the .05 tip. Not as much ink comes out as the .07 and they don't turn my knuckles black. Lots of customers comment on how nice they are and look at me baffled when I explain why I use those pens specifically. Yeah... maybe it's the OCD in me, but I found a good pen, and I've been using them for years.

Comment

Working...
                          X