Those "Perfect" Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those "Perfect" Times

I can tell you some of the very obvious perfect times in my life, like the birth of our children, the day my wife said she'd "be my wife", certain personal accomplishments, vacations, when my teams won championships.....and so on. But there are some perfect times I've been fortunate to experience that I would classify as much less prominent, and surprisingly less stellar to some. They are usually very simple in nature, but often rise in value upon reflection.

I will provide a few examples.

Autumn can be my favourite time of the year. And I have experienced some perfect times, just driving down a country road, when the leaves have changed colour, and the air has an aroma that lets you know that it is time to harvest. Nothing like a calm, mild autumn day, surrounded by nature.

Sometimes when I am with my best buds, just having a coffee together with them. Like yesterday, when the four of them, who I have known cumulatively for close to 200 years, can keep my full attention for hours, all the while appreciating me for who I am, and expecting nothing more.

Similarly, there have been times in my life, when a special event, perhaps a big game of some sort or maybe a business activity that has concluded on a positive note, has ended, and number of us will linger for a while, soaking in all that has taken place.....and there is a calm but proud chunk of time together that is priceless. It's hard to explain, but when it happens, you cherish it. No fanfare, no sense of egos, just calmness and pride.

Or when my kids, who are no longer "kids", send us a note or give us a call, telling us that life is good and not to worry. That is so very perfect!

I have two that are the most special to me.

The first is standing on the patio at the end of a win, watching the teams mingle, and the crowd empty the stadium all happy. The end of that last home game, that was pretty close to perfect. :thumb:

The other is really my favorite. Sitting in my little chair out on the ice on Wolford Mtn Res., with the mountains all around me, and just the occasional noise of far off traffic. All bundled up nice and toasty, rod in hand, or set up with a bell if I am falling asleep, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
      I have two that are the most special to me.

The first is standing on the patio at the end of a win, watching the teams mingle, and the crowd empty the stadium all happy. The end of that last home game, that was pretty close to perfect. :thumb:

The other is really my favorite. Sitting in my little chair out on the ice on Wolford Mtn Res., with the mountains all around me, and just the occasional noise of far off traffic. All bundled up nice and toasty, rod in hand, or set up with a bell if I am falling asleep, lol.

I love doing that on Blue Mesa Reservoir and Taylor Reservoir. That, and hiking deep into the backcountry or up a 14er alone.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

I think you folks and I have the same definition for what I refer to as "simply perfect". It's not always about major events or circumstances. It's often about taking time for the simple but perfect things.

Comment

We had just the perfect day with my nine month old granddaughter yesterday, nothing flash. Just simple things seen through the eyes of a baby. A ride in the shopping trolley for the first time. Delight in buying an attracitve yellow and purple box of Easter cakes as a present for parents. Peeping and smiling at the cashier behind her screen. Finding a magazine with free gift of her favourite TV show and kissing her favourite character on the back of the mag.
          Eating out and enjoying the sunshine.
          Fun times to be cherished

Comment

Working...
          X