Behind every building, or monument, or sign, or future development
    There's a story....

Behind every plane, or car, or train, or form of transportation
    There's a "moving" story....

Behind every gust of wind, or drop of rain, or changing sky
    There's a story....

Behind every thing that's good or bad about this world
    There's a story....

Behind every single one of us, child, woman or man, and every thought or fear or dream
    There always a story....an important story worth telling

I've always bene on board with the saying of- If these walls could talk...

... imagine the stories we'd hear.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      I've always bene on board with the saying of- If these walls could talk...

... imagine the stories we'd hear.
      Thx for responding! :thumb:

I had coffee with one of my groups today, and we talked briefly about family trees, and how some folks find out a lot of things they never expected.....some not so good, about ancestors. Sometimes we take things as they come, without knowing the details. But there may be some really interesting stories behind our relatives. Then again, some folks may prefer to never know about the darker side.
      Last edited by CanDB; 04-09-2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

form of transportation........Truck driving school diary.

One poor saps perspective.

http://www.truckingtruth.com/trucker...ps-perspective

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
          form of transportation........Truck driving school diary.

One poor saps perspective.

http://www.truckingtruth.com/trucker...ps-perspective
          Thx for this 2MW. BTW, maybe I should already know this, but you seem to be into the trucking world (based on another clip you provided me, from a trucker here in Manitoba). Am I correct?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Thx for this 2MW. BTW, maybe I should already know this, but you seem to be into the trucking world (based on another clip you provided me, from a trucker here in Manitoba). Am I correct?
            10-4 you are correct. I had an Uncle who was a Trucker, based out of the eastern Colorado plains. Started way back with the cab-overs...(fan on dash for a/c)I saw the trucks evolve into the luxury on wheels of today.
            he passed away some years ago, drove for 60 years, had 3 of his own trucks, did most of his own maintenance, but he was one of those people the was the *quiet type...never heard much about what he was doing but remember the trucks trucks and more trucks ect, holidays where he may or may not be there. These days I can read and watch what it must have been like for him albeit it much of it is computerized now

Everyone (driver) has a different tale to tell, much the same yet different.

Helps to have a sense of humor as the training diary shows...

NOW here is where they separate the people who cant back from the people who REALLY cant back.

This guy had ooodles of youtube videos, you can go just about anywhere in the country. type in a State and chances are he has been there.

http://bigrigtravels.com/blog/

(end of novel)
            Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 04-10-2014, 07:02 AM. Reason: can't back...

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
              10-4 you are correct. I had an Uncle who was a Trucker, based out of the eastern Colorado plains. Started way back with the cab-overs...(fan on dash for a/c)I saw the trucks evolve into the luxury on wheels of today.
              he passed away some years ago, drove for 60 years, had 3 of his own trucks, did most of his own maintenance, but he was one of those people the was the *quiet type...never heard much about what he was doing but remember the trucks trucks and more trucks ect, holidays where he may or may not be there. These days I can read and watch what it must have been like for him albeit it much of it is computerized now

Everyone (driver) has a different tale to tell, much the same yet different.

Helps to have a sense of humor as the training diary shows...

NOW here is where they separate the people who cant back from the people who REALLY cant back.

This guy had ooodles of youtube videos, you can go just about anywhere in the country. type in a State and chances are he has been there.

http://bigrigtravels.com/blog/

(end of novel)
              Good stuff! I am not a trucker type, but I find this very interesting!

And by the way, your "novels" are chapters at best next to my soap box rants!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Thx for responding! :thumb:

I had coffee with one of my groups today, and we talked briefly about family trees, and how some folks find out a lot of things they never expected.....some not so good, about ancestors. Sometimes we take things as they come, without knowing the details. But there may be some really interesting stories behind our relatives. Then again, some folks may prefer to never know about the darker side.
                Talk about family tree histories, we are all a mix.
                I found out I'm descended from a line of mountain bandits known as the red bandits!
                To balance it out though we are descendants of Wales' most prevalent and celebrated female hymn writer!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                  Talk about family tree histories, we are all a mix.
                  I found out I'm descended from a line of mountain bandits known as the red bandits!
                  To balance it out though we are descendants of Wales' most prevalent and celebrated female hymn writer!
                  I figured you had some interesting roots, my friend!

Comment

Working...
                  X