1 or 2 Drinks A Day..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I have to agree on the taste of Italian wines. A new favorite of mine is Dellatorri Chianti. I'm not one that will spend too much on them, I buy what is on sale that I like…. if I catch it on sale I can usually get it for $8 a bottle.

I never was a fan of red wine until about 2007 when I was given the opportunity to travel to Italy on a FAM. trip to a less known region. I came home with a new appreciation for both red wine and for whatever reason, salami. Earlier in this year rediscovered the taste for it… but not one who drinks to get drunk, just enjoy the flavor more than anything...
    And to stay healthy!!!

Ciao!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I lost you for a while but I thought this (thread) might draw you back home!

Let me tell you about work and responsibilities.. and the effects these things have on free time... hahaha

Just had very annoying staffing issues.. and the whole multiple work places thing ontop of it... well it's enough to drive a man to drink.

All settled into my new condo now... I should be around a lot more... (knock on wood)
      Last edited by Remedy; 05-26-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

1 or 2 drinks every 30 minutes is more my speed.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          I don't like drinking before 4PM.

I like wine with dinner because it goes well with food. Red wine is preferred, but if fish is served, I'll go with white because it suits my palate.

My favorite reds are Italian, especially Sangiovese. Never pay more than $10, mostly $5 and under. My favorite whites are Frascati and Retsina, the latter is from Greece.

I have learned (the hard way) not to mix types of alcoholic beverages. Wine and brewed beverages are OK though. My favorite brews are dark: brown ales, stout and porter. I used to make my own mead, and may do so again since I still have my 20 gallon crock.

In the whiskey department, I don't like bourbon. I prefer rye whiskey. Canadian whiskey is good, but single malt Scotch and Irish are preferred. I won't drink whiskey if I've had any other type of alcohol that evening.

In the mixed drink department, I like gin Martinis, dirty, no ice and extra olives. I usually avoid tequila, but my best friend likes it, so I'll have an occasional taste.

My days of getting hammered are long over. If I've had drinks, no driving for me. Always plan ahead and have a designated driver. The risks are too great. :2cents:
          Never say never Buddy, remember, we're winning it all this year.
          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
            Let me tell you about work and responsibilities.. and the effects these things have on free time... hahaha

Just had very annoying staffing issues.. and the whole multiple work places thing ontop of it... well it's enough to drive a man to drink.

All settled into my new condo now... I should be around a lot more... (knock on wood)
            Lets just say.....you were missed here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
              Never say never Buddy, remember, we're winning it all this year.
              Yes sir.....we win it all, we celebrate together!!! (online, offline, hard line, b-line (to the liquids), straight line (which we may not be able to negotiate), for a long time!!!

:thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X