• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • broncoFan!
    Playmaker
    • Sep 2009

The Library

I know how the library can be a great thing sometimes providing books for basically free, but at the same time I find it extremely frustrating.

For example, I'm reading Game of Thrones a Song of Ice and Fire which is like a 600-700 page book. There is no way that I am going to finish that in like the 2-3 week period they give me.

I'm beginning to think that I should just buy the entire series on Amazon tbh. I feel like that's where society is headed right now, Amazon is kind of becoming the go-to guy for all your needs and necessities which is interesting imo.

What are your thoughts?
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."
  • Emily Diana
    Starter
    • Oct 2013

Renew it when your 3 weeks is almost up. Or if another patron places a hold on it -- as some libraries allow -- and it cannot be renewed, borrow it from a different branch, if your library has them.

Comment

• broncoFan!
      Playmaker
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Emily Diana View Post
      Renew it when your 3 weeks is almost up. Or if another patron places a hold on it -- as some libraries allow -- and it cannot be renewed, borrow it from a different branch, if your library has them.
      Yah I get that, I do but this book is so popular where I live it's hard to find any other branches with copies. :/

I really am beginning to think I should just buy the whole series, it's like $20 on Amazon for all of them.
      sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

• Emily Diana
        Starter
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
        Yah I get that, I do but this book is so popular where I live it's hard to find any other branches with copies. :/

I really am beginning to think I should just buy the whole series, it's like $20 on Amazon for all of them.
        If it was a major interest of mine and that hard to find, I likely would (buy it) too, at a price like that... or be prepared to wait it out to read it.

It sounds like you have already made your decision.

Comment

Working...
        X