Board Games/Trading Card Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Games/Trading Card Games

What board games do you guys like playing? I'm looking for unique ones because me & my family love to do board game night. (Also my bro and friends as well lol.)

Couple unique ones I liked were Last Night on Earth, it's a zombie one that was pretty cool. Another big one that we got into was a game called Dominion, very fun and very competitive.

Traditional Parker Brothers games like Monopoly and Clue are okay but their novelty definitely wears off for me after a while (personally of course.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this is more of a personal thing for me, thought I could do two threads at once. I'm also thinking of getting into a trading card game. Are there any games out there worth playing?

Community is very important to me because obviously you don't want to be gaming with a bunch of losers, and I've heard games like Yugioh tend to attract unsavory people.

I played Pokemon for years and that was pretty cool, but for me at least it gets a little old after a while (like Monopoly lol.)

What about Magic, is that still worth playing? Are there any other trading card games out there worth investing in?
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Bump!

But seriously, any good games you guys have played would be awesome; thanks.
    sigpic

Comment

I been a yugioh player for years, pokemon was cool TGC but man I loved my three stars and under deck.

Comment

I never got into the trading card games. Just not for me.

But, Cards Against Humanity is friggen hilarious! It's an adult humor game that can get bulgar. But hey.. that's why we play when we're drinking.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Cards against Humanity is fun. It's basically Apples to Apples but for adults. So if you like Apples to Apples check it out.

Also my family really likes Quelf. It's a fun board game requiring lots of acting out and embarrassing gestures. And it has 5-6 categories of cards for different things you have to do.
          sigpic

Comment

I am old. So Stratego and Risk are the only ones that really keep my attention. Not fun for everyone though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
              I am old. So Stratego and Risk are the only ones that really keep my attention. Not fun for everyone though.
              You're right about Risk, not for everyone. But if you get a good game on it's a lot of fun. Like Monopoly.
              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Cards against Humanity is fun. It's basically Apples to Apples but for adults. So if you like Apples to Apples check it out.

Also my family really likes Quelf. It's a fun board game requiring lots of acting out and embarrassing gestures. And it has 5-6 categories of cards for different things you have to do.
                Nice haha sounds fun!

Kind of like charades then lol. I'll have to check it out.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  You're right about Risk, not for everyone. But if you get a good game on it's a lot of fun. Like Monopoly.
                  Risk isn't bad but honestly who wants to spend 4-5 hours to play a board game? I don't mind it but all my friends and family lose interest after one hour.

*Plus everyone is sour losers.....*
                  sigpic

Comment

Favorite board games we play are Settlers of Cataan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride.
                    Favorite card game is Munchkin, great game! or cyanide and happiness (like cards against humanity but with pictures instead of phrases)
                    Favorite dice games are farkle or 1-4-24
                    Backgammon is also a classic, we also play lots of Dominos
                    sigpic
                    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                      Favorite board games we play are Settlers of Cataan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride.
                      Favorite card game is Munchkin, great game! or cyanide and happiness (like cards against humanity but with pictures instead of phrases)
                      Favorite dice games are farkle or 1-4-24
                      Backgammon is also a classic, we also play lots of Dominos
                      Board games and card games are great. I'll have to look in to some of yours.

We recently got Sorry! for the little ones. Blast from the past - until I lost every. single. game! Kids had fun though so I guess that's good right?

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        Board games and card games are great. I'll have to look in to some of yours.

We recently got Sorry! for the little ones. Blast from the past - until I lost every. single. game! Kids had fun though so I guess that's good right?
                        Munchkin is our favorite, it has like 30 different versions or themes and can all be mixed and matched. super fun. Another game we recently got into is Boss monster, its alot of fun.
                        sigpic
                        BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Love old school stratego!
                          sigpic

Comment

Dice I grew up playing 10,000 dice ( look it up, very easy and fun )

Cards - war, poker, go fish, Bullcrap,

Board games - monopoly, Cadoo, operation, battleship,
                            sigpic

Comment

Apples To Apples
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                              X