Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Click Here For "Positivity" Boost

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Its the start of a new wekk with new opportunities. Grab em and be what you can be.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      Its the start of a new wekk with new opportunities. Grab em and be what you can be.
      You are so right.......I'm a bulldog on this, but today may be your best day ever! So please, just do what is expected of you to help in the cause.

      I bid all of you well.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
        Its the start of a new wekk with new opportunities. Grab em and be what you can be.
        When I grab 'em can I take a bite too?

        Comment


        • #64
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
          Winston Churchill

          Comment


          • #65
            Wow......we had a lousy winter, and wet spring/early summer, but this last month or so has been beautiful!

            Comment


            • #66
              Woke up after a lousy sleep, with a headache, stomach ache, and getting ready to go to the dentist, this on a day forecast for nothing but rain. But I look at it this way.....it can only get better!!! (And we need the rain).

              :thumb:

              Comment


              • #67
                Hope you feel better Can.
                And as for the weather....I better not go there.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                  Hope you feel better Can.
                  And as for the weather....I better not go there.
                  Thx my friend! Things could be much worse!!!

                  Have a great day!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    “I do not define myself by how many roadblocks have appeared on my path.
                    I define myself by the courage I’ve found to forge new roads.
                    I do not define myself by how many disappointments I’ve faced.
                    I define myself by the forgiveness and faith I’ve found to start again.
                    I do not define myself by how long a relationship lasted.
                    I define myself by how much I have loved, and am willing to love again.
                    I do not define myself by how many times I’ve been knocked down.
                    I define myself by how many times I’ve struggled to my feet.
                    I am not my pain.
                    I am not my past.
                    I am that which has emerged from the fire.”
                    — Unknown

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                      “I do not define myself by how many roadblocks have appeared on my path.
                      I define myself by the courage I’ve found to forge new roads.
                      I do not define myself by how many disappointments I’ve faced.
                      I define myself by the forgiveness and faith I’ve found to start again.
                      I do not define myself by how long a relationship lasted.
                      I define myself by how much I have loved, and am willing to love again.
                      I do not define myself by how many times I’ve been knocked down.
                      I define myself by how many times I’ve struggled to my feet.
                      I am not my pain.
                      I am not my past.
                      I am that which has emerged from the fire.”
                      — Unknown
                      I don't read too many of these type of "writings", but I really like this one! Thx Jawsie!!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                        “I do not define myself by how many roadblocks have appeared on my path.
                        I define myself by the courage I’ve found to forge new roads.
                        I do not define myself by how many disappointments I’ve faced.
                        I define myself by the forgiveness and faith I’ve found to start again.
                        I do not define myself by how long a relationship lasted.
                        I define myself by how much I have loved, and am willing to love again.
                        I do not define myself by how many times I’ve been knocked down.
                        I define myself by how many times I’ve struggled to my feet.
                        I am not my pain.
                        I am not my past.
                        I am that which has emerged from the fire.”
                        — Unknown
                        Wow.... I like this a lot. Thank you for sharing, Jaws!!
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Forty years ago I had just finished my undergrad degree and I was starting a new job. The first day on the job my new boss handed me a piece of paper with these four words printed on it.

                          They were:

                          1) Responsibility
                          2) Accountability
                          3) Gratitude
                          4) Generosity

                          He explained them in this way.....be responsible and accountable for your actions. Don't blame others but admit when you make a mistake and forgive other when they make theirs. Be grateful for what you have because many people would love to be in your shoes and be generous with your praise and your resources.

                          I have never forgotten this lesson and I still have that piece of paper hanging on the wall in my den today. Thank you for all of you for making this forum possible.
                          Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Jaws' post reminded me of one of my favorite poems....(below) That poem is one of the many reasons I am who I am I decided to be me and not take the popular path through life and have been rewarded with that decision every step of the way.

                            The Road Not Taken- Robert Frost

                            Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
                            And sorry I could not travel both
                            And be one traveler, long I stood
                            And looked down one as far as I could
                            To where it bent in the undergrowth;

                            Then took the other, as just as fair,
                            And having perhaps the better claim,
                            Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
                            Though as for that the passing there
                            Had worn them really about the same,

                            And both that morning equally lay
                            In leaves no step had trodden black.
                            Oh, I kept the first for another day!
                            Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
                            I doubted if I should ever come back.

                            I shall be telling this with a sigh
                            Somewhere ages and ages hence:
                            Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
                            I took the one less traveled by,
                            And that has made all the difference.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              It is Friday evening
                              I had a couple White Castle's for dinner
                              I cracked a beer
                              The positivity is flowing

                              Nothing better than Friday night positivity except maybe Sunday morning sunshine.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Larryh View Post
                                Forty years ago I had just finished my undergrad degree and I was starting a new job. The first day on the job my new boss handed me a piece of paper with these four words printed on it.

                                They were:

                                1) Responsibility
                                2) Accountability
                                3) Gratitude
                                4) Generosity

                                He explained them in this way.....be responsible and accountable for your actions. Don't blame others but admit when you make a mistake and forgive other when they make theirs. Be grateful for what you have because many people would love to be in your shoes and be generous with your praise and your resources.

                                I have never forgotten this lesson and I still have that piece of paper hanging on the wall in my den today. Thank you for all of you for making this forum possible.
                                Your boss was wise. And you were wise for hanging it on your wall!:thumb:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X