Golf cart question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf cart question

I have an 83 ezgo golf cart that I just bought and once it gets going it drives smooth but getting it started I have to pull the choke every time Is it as simple as adjusting the carburetor? or does it have something to do with the governor?

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I have an 83 ezgo golf cart that I just bought and once it gets going it drives smooth but getting it started I have to pull the choke every time Is it as simple as adjusting the carburetor? or does it have something to do with the governor?
    I just asked a buddy of mine who has several golf carts and he said it's the carburetor and nothing to do with the Governor.

sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

:thumb: thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        :thumb: thanks man
        I was having the same issue with my riding mower too, so it must be a carburetor act up time of year. Good luck and I hope you get it figured out!
        sigpic
        The Bronco fan pledge;
        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Jv real quick question where did you get it from (Like city/state) and did you change altitudes? A lot of times golf carts are jetted for a specific altitude so if you got it from somewhere with a significantly higher or lower altitude that could be an issue as well.

The governor shouldn't effect it all from a choke stand point. The carburetor (as others have pointed out) is the most likely point of failure. It may just need to be cleaned out or replaced.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X