Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Shower By The Hour Or Wash In A Splash (Wash and Splash Almost Rhyme)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Shower By The Hour Or Wash In A Splash (Wash and Splash Almost Rhyme)

Peoples' cleaning habits vary like most things in life. When it comes to giving ourselves a good shower, the duration involved can be fairly short (as in a handful of minutes) or very long, as in, too long for my liking if done within my house! Hey, there's money involved, and after all, it's not wise to use up too much of this wonderful resource. Water is so unique after all.....the great medicinal liquid that is required for such primary needs, for drinking, cleaning, as a heating or cooling agent, for crops, lawns and most plants, for recreation purposes, and for so many things we cook.....plus so much more.

I guess you can call me cheap if you want, but I don't believe in long showers, regardless of where I take them, unless of course it's under a natural waterfall for example. I shower often, each morning, and after I work out, which adds up to about 10 per week. Therefore I keep them short, to keep my overall "take" down. Showers are so refreshing, especially after a sauna, or heavy duty work out on a hot day......so yes, it can be hard to limit the length. But I do. I thrive on those 5 or more minutes. I feel like it does the trick for me, while minimizing personal usage.

On the other hand, some young folks I know shower for what seems like eternity. My nephew once stayed with us when he was a teenager, and I thought he had passed out in the shower. He must have taken over a half hour. I can't remember if I mentioned it to him, as it was long ago, but I was thinking about it! Heck, we're talking possible prune activation at that length. I notice some young dudes at the University (where I work out) who seem to be under the shower head forever! I come and go and some of them seem to never leave. Hey, they're young, and they aren't paying for the water. Wait til they get their first water bill.

I am excluding baths from this, for obvious reasons, unless you keep adding water as it gets colder. I am sure baths use a lot of water, but it's pretty much a given how much each person will use. Hey, once it overflows the tub, you typically shut the tap off.

So, how long do you shower? Are you quick and "Not" dirty, or do you hang around until your skin starts to change texture....or in between?

Phew! I've been trying to read this but with interuptions as work.. needing to shower....

Truth be told. My showers are usually short. I'm in, I clean, I'm out. I have a double shoer head that I can change the pulse and stream, so sometimes I'll change it and just let the water pour over my head, I find that relaxing.

The only times I really take a long shower is after a mud run. You'd be surprised how much mud and dirt you find and where!! Those times I'll usually bust out the luffa(spelling?? ) as well.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      Phew! I've been trying to read this but with interuptions as work.. needing to shower....

Truth be told. My showers are usually short. I'm in, I clean, I'm out. I have a double shoer head that I can change the pulse and stream, so sometimes I'll change it and just let the water pour over my head, I find that relaxing.

The only times I really take a long shower is after a mud run. You'd be surprised how much mud and dirt you find and where!! Those times I'll usually bust out the luffa(spelling?? ) as well.
      Time is allowed for special parts of the bod!!! Ooooh, this reminds me of the places I've found woodticks and other unwelcome visitors.

Comment

Both...If I am tired and need to wake up ... slow

got something to do - fast.

Baths are where its at anyway......
        sigpic

Comment

I shower until I am done.

However living on Colorado, and not having any water to begin with, I try to be pretty fast about it, and not waste time. Or water.

But if I have been mowing the field -- it gets very dusty -- a shower can last quite a bit longer. It's amazing how deep dust can get into places. It can take a long time just to get it out of my

EARS!!!

Seriously!

Comment

The longer you shower, the more dangerous it is.
            *Jaws theme*

Comment

This is what I do when someone is taking too long in the shower..................

sigpic
              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I generally take long showers. Even if I have somewhere to be, I wake up early enough to be sure to get a long shower. About 20-30 minutes long. Ipod plays music while I'm in too.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

When I need a good rinse i'll just try and teach a new server how to Tap a keg and inevitably they will spray beer everywhere.

Nothing like that pristine smell of beer my friends.

Comment

I can take them as fast as less than 3 minutes. I prefer about 10.

Especially with my hair getting longer it adds a minute or two.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                      When I need a good rinse i'll just try and teach a new server how to Tap a keg and inevitably they will spray beer everywhere.

Nothing like that pristine smell of beer my friends.
                      Not very nice to not explain that they need to blow off the co2 in the keg first, sir.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                        I generally take long showers. Even if I have somewhere to be, I wake up early enough to be sure to get a long shower. About 20-30 minutes long. Ipod plays music while I'm in too.
                        I would be questioning what the heck you are doing in there for 20-30 minutes. Just saying
                        sigpic
                        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                          I would be questioning what the heck you are doing in there for 20-30 minutes. Just saying
                          Yeah, 20 or 30 mins?

He's gonna go blind AND get hairy palms.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I usually take a quick shower

I brush my teeth in there too tho so that takes some time

The only time I spend more time than usual is when I'm washing my dogs. I usually wash the dogs when I'm to take a shower and get it all done at once
                            Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                              Literally nothing. For about 5mins stand in the water letting run. Something relaxing about showers. For those 5mins I'd be thinking about life or enjoying the music. Don't think it ever reaches 30mins. But 20mins is norm. Then washing for 10 or so minutes.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X