Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Shower By The Hour Or Wash In A Splash (Wash and Splash Almost Rhyme)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe this is what your doing with your 20-30 minute time?

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
      You should have titled it 'shower by the hour or splash... and dash!'

just sayin'
      that's good......where were you when I "splashed" this down on the keyboard? Still don't know why shower rhymes with hour, but splash doesn't have the same connection with wash???

wash and dash.....hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post

I think you figured it out bud. Insane's just preparing supper for us!

Comment

BTW.....good to see so many of the good dudes back!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Peoples' cleaning habits vary like most things in life. When it comes to giving ourselves a good shower, the duration involved can be fairly short (as in a handful of minutes) or very long, as in, too long for my liking if done within my house! Hey, there's money involved, and after all, it's not wise to use up too much of this wonderful resource. Water is so unique after all.....the great medicinal liquid that is required for such primary needs, for drinking, cleaning, as a heating or cooling agent, for crops, lawns and most plants, for recreation purposes, and for so many things we cook.....plus so much more.

I guess you can call me cheap if you want, but I don't believe in long showers, regardless of where I take them, unless of course it's under a natural waterfall for example. I shower often, each morning, and after I work out, which adds up to about 10 per week. Therefore I keep them short, to keep my overall "take" down. Showers are so refreshing, especially after a sauna, or heavy duty work out on a hot day......so yes, it can be hard to limit the length. But I do. I thrive on those 5 or more minutes. I feel like it does the trick for me, while minimizing personal usage.

On the other hand, some young folks I know shower for what seems like eternity. My nephew once stayed with us when he was a teenager, and I thought he had passed out in the shower. He must have taken over a half hour. I can't remember if I mentioned it to him, as it was long ago, but I was thinking about it! Heck, we're talking possible prune activation at that length. I notice some young dudes at the University (where I work out) who seem to be under the shower head forever! I come and go and some of them seem to never leave. Hey, they're young, and they aren't paying for the water. Wait til they get their first water bill.

I am excluding baths from this, for obvious reasons, unless you keep adding water as it gets colder. I am sure baths use a lot of water, but it's pretty much a given how much each person will use. Hey, once it overflows the tub, you typically shut the tap off.

So, how long do you shower? Are you quick and "Not" dirty, or do you hang around until your skin starts to change texture....or in between?
            First off It saddens me to not see my name in your signature....

Secondly I tend to be one of those people who takes longer showers and yes I pay for my own water bill. Baths are just simply not for me. for several reasons one is I don't see a point is soaking in my own filth...seems counter productive and the main reason is I have yet to find a bath tub I fit into properly. I am not fat by any means but I just don't fit well into small confined spaces very well.

Comment

Too funny topic

And...you guys haven't even hit the topic of singing in the shower!
              Do that too. Though I don't know the lyrics because the music I listen to in the shower is Japanese metal.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I've never watched Seinfield, but nah I don't cook in the shower. Sound interesting though.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

sigpic
                  Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                  2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                  2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    I've never watched Seinfield, but nah I don't cook in the shower. Sound interesting though.
                    You never watched Seinfeld?????????????? You have so much to look forward to!!!!

:thumb:

Comment

You never watched Seinfeld?????????????? You have so much to look forward to!!!!

Kids these days

Comment

By interesting I meant cooking in the shower sounds interesting. Don't think I'll ever watch Seinfeld.
                        Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                        Kids these days
                        Can't help it. This 22yr old spent his childhood watching anime, playing sports, and playing video games. No time for tv shows...except Frazier, Cheers, and Coach.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                          By interesting I meant cooking in the shower sounds interesting. Don't think I'll ever watch Seinfeld.

Can't help it. This 22yr old spent his childhood watching anime, playing sports, and playing video games. No time for tv shows...except Frazier, Cheers, and Coach.
                          Looks like our youngin's been messin with our heads a bit.......

Comment

I want a new shower.

Traveling a bit the last few years, I've been lucky to get some room with some pretty sweet shower set ups. Waterfalls, multi directional sprays, and even a big round one in Tahiti, with hundreds of spouts on it that was really cool.

My shower doors are a plastiglass that do not clean very well, and I'd like to redo the whole shower, and install something really sweet, and with real glass doors.

The problem is the wife want's to do the whole bathroom, and while we are at it, might as well do another one, and other…..

So I got a nice head that increase the pressure two fold, and has a slight adjustment. and that works pretty good. (cheap, lol)

But still, there's some pretty cool stuff out there now from Kholer, Price Pfister, and more. I'd get one that would work, there are several, but my bath has brass finish, and all the new cool stuff is chrome, or some other color. But not brass.

Nothing that we've been able to find yet at least.

Maybe in a few years, I'll spring for the bathroom. Getting tired of those shower doors.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
                              I want a new shower.

Traveling a bit the last few years, I've been lucky to get some room with some pretty sweet shower set ups. Waterfalls, multi directional sprays, and even a big round one in Tahiti, with hundreds of spouts on it that was really cool.

My shower doors are a plastiglass that do not clean very well, and I'd like to redo the whole shower, and install something really sweet, and with real glass doors.

The problem is the wife want's to do the whole bathroom, and while we are at it, might as well do another one, and other…..

So I got a nice head that increase the pressure two fold, and has a slight adjustment. and that works pretty good. (cheap, lol)

But still, there's some pretty cool stuff out there now from Kholer, Price Pfister, and more. I'd get one that would work, there are several, but my bath has brass finish, and all the new cool stuff is chrome, or some other color. But not brass.

Nothing that we've been able to find yet at least.

Maybe in a few years, I'll spring for the bathroom. Getting tired of those shower doors.

JW.......do the whole bathroom. You will not only have it the way you like it, but she'll be happy (for at least 2 days).

Comment

Depends on the time of day. If it's late on I'll just do the sweet spots, if it's a cold morning and I've just got out of bed I'll stay in there for what seems like hours, almost daring myself to get out and face the chill!
                                Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                                X