Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Ever Bite The Inside Of Your Mouth? (And Again When It Swells!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Ever Bite The Inside Of Your Mouth? (And Again When It Swells!!)

Every couple of years I accidentally bite a chunk of skin inside the mouth when I'm eating, and it can become a real pain while it remains swollen. In fact, once it's swollen, it becomes much easier to "re-offend". And it not only hurts where you bite into it, and bleeds, especially if you continue to rip into it, but it can also give you a quick scare when you feel pressure against one of the teeth involved. It's weird, and if it happens while in the company of others, it is hard to act like nothing is wrong.

I did it again recently, and after reinjuring the spot twice, I started to consciously eat away from it. It does make you focus on the act of chewing, and does cause you to slow down, which is smart.

But wow.....if you've done it, you know how goofy it can become. It's like I don't even know how to eat without doing personal harm!

So please tell me I'm not the only one. Tell me you've drawn blood, while chewing on a simple little thing.

Hey.....and I'm not even going to get into the two crowns I've broken in my life.....whole chomping down on hard objects!

Guilty as charged!

I also lick the inside of my Oreos. What that has to do with anything? I dunno.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

It's one of the most aggravating small things in life right next to the really annoying paper cuts.

They just nag at you all day with that dull little pain!

Comment

It is among the top 3 big sucks along with breakthrough and catching your little toe on a piece of furniture as you walk by.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you gang for restoring my faith. I thought I was the clumsiest person around, but now I don't feel quite so weird about it! And yes, paper cuts and stubbed baby toes are right up there. I never got it checked out, but when I was a lot younger I believe I broke my little toe after hitting a wall corner, at a high speed. It took a long time for it to heal.

But for now, and for today, I have to concentrate on not chewing off any more skin in my mouth!

I guess one way to put it is......."don't bite the mouth that feeds you."

Comment

I do it all too often. Since I quit smoking 4 years ago, it's been getting worse lol
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
            X