Ice Bucket Challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Bucket Challenge.

I'm sure you all have heard of this by now.

I've been finding it rather awesome and cool with some of the one's I've seen. There is a video on YouTube that shows some cops that did like 20 of them reading off names as they went along the row and the last buckets were for those that have fallen.

Seeing all the celebrities get "called out" on it is great IMO. And look how much money they are raising for ALS aka Lou Gehrig's Disease.

It's coming down to personal challenges among common folks now which is great. Celebrities donate $30 I think if they do it and $100 is the challenge if they don't. Pretty cool deal.

I just thought this was a fun way to raise money for a charity and some people are denouncing it and calling it stupid and overplayed.

Really? Because it's working and getting attention? Those that complain about it are confusing to me.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

I think its stupid if the person is doing the challenge and not actually giving money out of their pocket to donate. Also a good portion of people are doing it because its the current popular trend not because of ALS. Those same people never even heard of ALS till now and still likely dont know what it is.

I think its cool if someone does it for the right reason and is actually giving donating money.

Phil Spencer, Bill Gates, and Charlie Sheen have had the best challenge vids.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Most are donating but yeah..... Some on the personal level are just doing it with disregard to the cause.

I would not forget it's reason.

sigpic

Comment

The fact that this marketing ploy has gotten celebrities and people from ALL around the world to even know what ALS is means it's a success.

I've seen people from Europe all the way to Asia do these including the top celebrities from those countries.

Whoever came up with this is a genius.

Comment

Would you donate if you were challenged?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
            The fact that this marketing ploy has gotten celebrities and people from ALL around the world to even know what ALS is means it's a success.

I've seen people from Europe all the way to Asia do these including the top celebrities from those countries.

I agree....this is one of the hottest ideas for a charity I've ever seen. Of course one never knows if something will catch fire, but this one compels people to join in. It's got that, "I dare you to do what I did" component to it, and really, it's not that hard to do. Of course, some have taken it to extremes.

ALS is a great cause, so I am very happy for the results to date.

Comment

You are a gentleman and a scholar.
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post

Yonkers, N.Y., native Pat Quinn, who is 31, was diagnosed with ALS, or Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. To raise money and awareness about the disease, which has no cure, he launched the Ice Bucket Challenge campaign on social media with the help of his friend, former Boston College baseball captain Pete Frates, who also has ALS. Frates can no longer walk or speak.

Reaction overwhelms Ice Bucket Challenge creator
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

A few Everton related ones:

Romelu Lukaku

Manager Roberto Martinez
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQCB...N2mt2ow_jlGinQ

a couple of others including captain Phil Jagielka, Darron Gibson and Duncan Ferguson
                  http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...verton-7652209
                  Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                    Would you donate if you were challenged?
                    If I could afford to donate....lol
                    Broker than a beggar in during the French Revolution.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Here's mine!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                      Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                      Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                      Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                      I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                        I think its stupid if the person is doing the challenge and not actually giving money out of their pocket to donate. Also a good portion of people are doing it because its the current popular trend not because of ALS. Those same people never even heard of ALS till now and still likely dont know what it is.

I think its cool if someone does it for the right reason and is actually giving donating money.

Phil Spencer, Bill Gates, and Charlie Sheen have had the best challenge vids.
                        George W. Bush had a pretty good one too. David Spade I think takes the cake donation-wise so far (although I don't know how much Gates and Zuckerberg donated). David held up a check for $100,000 for it.
                        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I've been called out on facebook.

sigpic

Comment

I'm going to do it. I'm going to figure out who I'm going to call out on these boards.

Buwahahahahha

Be very afraid.

sigpic

Comment

62.5 million dollars so far. They are floored by this whole thing. Like xX Bronco said.... genius.

http://www.alsa.org/news/media/press...ge-082314.html

I'll be donating later today and posting the video.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X