Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    The link isn't working.

I have been challenged yet again. Aye yi yi...........
    Works for me. Must be my Facebook privacy settings.

And I wouldn't do the challenge again. I would just tell the person I already donated.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      I disagree.

So many people may be doing it for the "trendy" sake but it is raising awareness far beyond what they expected whether people donate or not. To be frustrated or annoyed by it all means it's working. I'm still the same man off screen as I am on. When I post my video later today, I hope you remember that. I knew about this disease a long time ago. I knew about how drastic it is. We all watch the Jerry Lewis Telethon every year for MS. So coming up with this type of attention was brilliant.

Raising awareness was the goal. They NEVER expected to raise this kind of money. Which as stated earlier, I will be participating in the campaign.
      I think the main reason people are upset about the "trendy" people is because most of those people you see all over YouTube just doing it aren't even mentioning why, they say nothing about ALS or the reason they're throwing a bucket of water over their heads, they don't bring up the idea of donating and don't mention the website to find more information. They just turn their camera on and squeal when the cold water hits them and run off giggling.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

So, errr...you're not suppose to sit in the ice bucket?

I've been doing it wrong. No more little blue acorn man.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
          I think the main reason people are upset about the "trendy" people is because most of those people you see all over YouTube just doing it aren't even mentioning why, they say nothing about ALS or the reason they're throwing a bucket of water over their heads, they don't bring up the idea of donating and don't mention the website to find more information. They just turn their camera on and squeal when the cold water hits them and run off giggling.
          I didn't mention donating or the website mainly due to camera shy because I knew I was going to post it on facebook. I did donate though.

But I know what you mean. This weekend I've seen a 5 year old take the challenge and I've seen Cookie Monster take the challenge. Pretty sure neither of them donated though someone could have done it on their behalf.

I will say the website showed like a $20 mil increase over this weekend and $72 million in a month. A lot of people may be jumping to conclusions that others are just doing a trendy thing and not donating.
          Last edited by DenverBlood; 08-24-2014, 08:49 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            I didn't mention donating or the website mainly due to camera shy because I knew I was going to post it on facebook. I did donate though.

But I know what you mean. This weekend I've seen a 5 year old take the challenge and I've seen Cookie Monster take the challenge. Pretty sure neither of them donated though someone could have done it on their behalf.

I will say the website showed like a $20 mil increase over this weekend and $72 million in a month. A lot of people may be jumping to conclusions that others are just doing a trendy thing and not donating.
            True, it's hard to say if they don't mention anything in the video. They could still have donated like you did, which is pretty awesome and still fulfills the purpose of the challenge. So in your case and those cases, it's fine.
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Got called out yesterday by a friend. Well I did the challenge today and donated my 10 dollars. It didn't hurt that today it was 95 degrees out so it felt nice lol. Challenged my brother, his wife, and my friend and 2 out of 3 have done it so far.
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Anyone curious how the CEO and staff will handle the massive increase in revenue?

$88.5 million so far compared to $2.6 million in revenue last year at this time.

There is a HUGE opportunity for misuse of funds there...
                sigpic

Comment

I was challenged by my niece, so I did it and am making a donation. I then challenged Broncbeat to do it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                    I was challenged by my niece, so I did it and am making a donation. I then challenged Broncbeat to do it.
                    Yeah thanks for that. I'm going to do it too. Just need to find the time right now. I think I'll be doing it on Monday so keep a lookout on FB.
                    sigpic

Comment

Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncbeat View Post
                        Yeah thanks for that. I'm going to do it too. Just need to find the time right now. I think I'll be doing it on Monday so keep a lookout on FB.
                        You're welcome, buddy!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X