Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strong California quake causes injuries, damage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Strong California quake causes injuries, damage

    A 6.0-magnitude quake struck early Sunday about 6 miles from the city of Napa.

    That's not far from where we went on vacation.

    I hope all our Nor Cal people are okay (eb and Jake?).


    Strong California quake causes injuries, damage
    Administrator
    sigpic

    #LupusAwareness

    #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  • #2
    I used to live in American Canyon/Vallejo which is only 8 miles south of Napa Valley. Some scary stuff
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Best Wishes to all out there. I saw one child in critical condition after chimney fell on her/him
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

      Comment


      • #4
        Prayers to all those affected.
        Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I guess you could feel it here last night, but I slept through it.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            A 6.0-magnitude quake struck early Sunday about 6 miles from the city of Napa.

            That's not far from where we went on vacation.

            I hope all our Nor Cal people are okay (eb and Jake?).


            Strong California quake causes injuries, damage
            Okay here. That's where I grew up, so I still have a lot of friends there who took a lot of damamge. They're all okay, just working on putting it all back together.

            Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            I guess you could feel it here last night, but I slept through it.
            Yeah... "slept" through it... me too! Eddie and I went a little hard in the paint and at some point(after we cleaned out the ice chest) we fell asleep.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


            Comment


            • #7
              In case anyone is curious how we roll out here......

              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                In case anyone is curious how we roll out here......

                I had that posted on facebook and got yelled at so I took it off lol
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  I had that posted on facebook and got yelled at so I took it off lol
                  Are you yelling at me?
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In the early 2000s (can't remember the exact year), in spring, I was on business in San Francisco, and a 5.0 or 5.1 hit the area. My colleague was in another room, and felt it, whereas I did not. It was on the news just as he called me to see what was happening. It did some damage, but I don't recall it being too bad overall. The thing I remember however is that I did worry a bit about the possibility of some impactful aftershocks.

                    Years later, while on vacation in Huatulco, Mexico, my wife and I felt an earthquake. This is an area familiar with "bumps". It was minor, but apparently there have been some of much larger impact. A guy I know was there when there were tsunami warnings.

                    My wife and I were quite interested in trying to get in a trip to San Franciso just a few weeks back. We had a week in mind (that fit just right), and because we thought about it with not a lot of time to spare, we planned on arriving there on Saturday. But in the end we did not have a good feeling for tour availability (after trying to book), so we decided to defer our trip for another time, when we have more planning time.

                    Had we gone, I guess we would have felt this earthquake, while sleeping. An earthquake of this magnitude is pretty intense. I am no expert but when you get around 6 or more, it seems pretty significant.

                    Clearly there is some serious damage this time. I believe no one lost their life over it, but still, a lot of injuries. That's too bad. I hope they're all ok.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      In the early 2000s (can't remember the exact year), in spring, I was on business in San Francisco, and a 5.0 or 5.1 hit the area. My colleague was in another room, and felt it, whereas I did not. It was on the news just as he called me to see what was happening. It did some damage, but I don't recall it being too bad overall. The thing I remember however is that I did worry a bit about the possibility of some impactful aftershocks.

                      Years later, while on vacation in Huatulco, Mexico, my wife and I felt an earthquake. This is an area familiar with "bumps". It was minor, but apparently there have been some of much larger impact. A guy I know was there when there were tsunami warnings.

                      My wife and I were quite interested in trying to get in a trip to San Franciso just a few weeks back. We had a week in mind (that fit just right), and because we thought about it with not a lot of time to spare, we planned on arriving there on Saturday. But in the end we did not have a good feeling for tour availability (after trying to book), so we decided to defer our trip for another time, when we have more planning time.

                      Had we gone, I guess we would have felt this earthquake, while sleeping. An earthquake of this magnitude is pretty intense. I am no expert but when you get around 6 or more, it seems pretty significant.

                      Clearly there is some serious damage this time. I believe no one lost their life over it, but still, a lot of injuries. That's too bad. I hope they're all ok.
                      If you were going to stay in San Fran you might not have felt it.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        If you were going to stay in San Fran you might not have felt it.
                        I agree, probably wouldn't have felt it in San Fran

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                          If you were going to stay in San Fran you might not have felt it.
                          Originally posted by TheMoth View Post
                          I agree, probably wouldn't have felt it in San Fran
                          A guy who writes for the newspaper here said his son is in San Fran and left a message that it was a little shaky and weird overnight. I took that too mean he felt it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            And the aftershocks are rolling in now.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X