Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EddieMac
    replied
    Houma? Isn't that where swamp people is filmed ? Cool! Settle in invite me down for some gator hunting.

So for real....sometimes that drastic change of scenery is needed. Life can get into a rut and you don't even know until you are out of it. A culture shock move like this might a a really good thing. And Colorado will always be there for you if it isn't

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by 16milehigh87 View Post
    I know some of you might be singing right now, but just post about anything you might need a little advice for on a decision that you are weighing.

Mary and I are moving out of Colorado :-( but it was a decision we have been contemplating for years and it was very helpful for us to get advice from others to make this decision. I love all our friends in Colorado but Louisiana here we come and I don't have to shovel snow ever again....lol

Please follow the C.o.C. no bashing others only real advice given. Nothing should be posted about your private lives either. You should be careful about anything intimate since this is a public forum.
    Are you thinking John Sebastian?

The food, music and culture in Louisiana are pretty cool. :thumb:

The heat and humidity are not, and I grew up in the South as well.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    I have lived all over the country in 7 major markets. All areas have their drawbacks, but the south is tough to beat if you can get past the bugs, snakes and humidity. I like it hot and humid and the others don't bother me too much.

Atlanta was probably my favorite seconded by Denver. Not sure if I would say if you have to make up your mind that you cannot change it. My sister lived in Scottsdale for a year, hated it and moved back to Atlanta.

Leave a comment:

• 16milehigh87
    replied
    Moving to Houma it is 9' above sea level. Very beautiful down there and will be a nice change. I have lived in Colorado for 30 years but am originally from the South So I am familiar with humidity and heat.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Hope it wasn't too tough a decision and that it works out the way you plan. You may not have to shovel snow anymore but hopefully you wont have to bale water either. Not sure exactly where you're going. Hope you're ok with humidity too. I don't do well in heat and humidity. Just heat is ok ..... just humidity is ok. But together mm mmm.

A change of scenery is always good for the soul though - good luck

Leave a comment:

• 16milehigh87
    started a topic Have you ever had to make up your mind?

Have you ever had to make up your mind?

I know some of you might be singing right now, but just post about anything you might need a little advice for on a decision that you are weighing.

Mary and I are moving out of Colorado :-( but it was a decision we have been contemplating for years and it was very helpful for us to get advice from others to make this decision. I love all our friends in Colorado but Louisiana here we come and I don't have to shovel snow ever again....lol

Please follow the C.o.C. no bashing others only real advice given. Nothing should be posted about your private lives either. You should be careful about anything intimate since this is a public forum.
Working...
X