MBTI: What Personality Are You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBTI: What Personality Are You?

Ive recently gotten hooked on Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). There's 16 different personality types that exist in this world. All 16 have strengths and weaknesses and all 16 serve a purpose in this world.

A persons type are made up of 4 separate parts/letters

1, Extravert or Introvert
    2. Sensing or iNtuition
    3. Feeling or Touching
    4. Judging or Perseving

If you dont know your type, you can take the MBTI Test. There are no wrong answers. You must answer each question honestly if you want to assure you find out your personality type. Many Fortune 500 companies use the MBTI Test to learn about their employees and gain a better idea of the best ways and scenarios each of their employees will be of strength to their company.

You can find the test here...

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

It is proven that your results from taking the test, if done with honesty, are minimum 85% accurate. Knowing your type and understanding your strengths and weakness can help you in all aspects of your life.

I am an ISFJ. My type is know as "The Guardian".

So, what is your type? If you know your type already, dont be afraid to share it. If you dont know your type, follow the link above and take the test and then feel free to share your type results.
    Last edited by kingelway7; 09-30-2014, 04:31 PM.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

INTJ

PERSONALITY: INTJ
    VARIANT: TURBULENT
    ROLE: ANALYST

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your strategic thinking skills, self-confidence and impressive knowledge. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

INTJ PERSONALITY

It's lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population - it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

NOTHING CAN STOP THE RIGHT ATTITUDE FROM ACHIEVING ITS GOAL

With a natural thirst for knowledge that shows itself early in life, INTJs are often given the title of "bookworm" as children. While this may be intended as an insult by their peers, they more than likely identify with it and are even proud of it, greatly enjoying their broad and deep body of knowledge. INTJs enjoy sharing what they know as well, confident in their mastery of their chosen subjects, but owing to their Intuitive (N) and Judging (J) traits, they prefer to design and execute a brilliant plan within their field rather than share opinions on "uninteresting" distractions like gossip.

A paradox to most observers, INTJs are able to live by glaring contradictions that nonetheless make perfect sense - at least from a purely rational perspective. For example, INTJs are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics, a seemingly impossible conflict. But this is because INTJ types tend to believe that with effort, intelligence and consideration, nothing is impossible, while at the same time they believe that people are too lazy, short-sighted or self-serving to actually achieve those fantastic results. Yet that cynical view of reality is unlikely to stop an interested INTJ from achieving a result they believe to be relevant.

IN MATTERS OF PRINCIPLE, STAND LIKE A ROCK

INTJs radiate self-confidence and an aura of mystery, and their insightful observations, original ideas and formidable logic enable them to push change through with sheer willpower and force of personality. At times it will seem that INTJs are bent on deconstructing and rebuilding every idea and system they come into contact with, employing a sense of perfectionism and even morality to this work. Anyone who doesn't have the talent to keep up with INTJs' processes, or worse yet, doesn't see the point of them, is likely to immediately and permanently lose their respect.

Rules, limitations and traditions are anathema to the INTJ personality type - everything should be open to questioning and reevaluation, and if they see a way, INTJs will often act unilaterally to enact their technically superior, sometimes insensitive, and almost always unorthodox methods and ideas.
    This isn't to be misunderstood as impulsiveness - INTJs will strive to remain rational no matter how attractive the end goal may be, and every idea, whether generated internally or soaked in from the outside world, must pass the ruthless and ever-present "Is this going to work?" filter. This mechanism is applied at all times, to all things and all people, and this is often where INTJ personality types run into trouble.

ONE REFLECTS MORE WHEN TRAVELING ALONE

INTJs are brilliant and confident in bodies of knowledge they have taken the time to understand, but unfortunately the social contract is unlikely to be one of those subjects. White lies and small talk are hard enough as it is for a type that craves truth and depth, but INTJs may go so far as to see many social conventions as downright stupid. Ironically, it is often best for them to remain where they are comfortable - out of the spotlight - where the natural confidence prevalent in INTJs as they work with the familiar can serve as its own beacon, attracting people, romantically or otherwise, of similar temperament and interests.

INTJs are defined by their tendency to move through life as though it were a giant chess board, pieces constantly shifting with consideration and intelligence, always assessing new tactics, strategies and contingency plans, constantly outmaneuvering their peers in order to maintain control of a situation while maximizing their freedom to move about. This isn't meant to suggest that INTJs act without conscience, but to many Feeling (F) types, INTJs' distaste for acting on emotion can make it seem that way, and it explains why many fictional villains (and misunderstood heroes) are modeled on this personality type.

Famous INTJs:
    Vladimir Putin, Paul Krugman, Rudy Giuliani, Donald Rumsfeld, Colin Powell, Samantha Power, Lance Armstrong, Richard Gere, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Thomas Jefferson, John F. Kennedy, Woodrow Wilson, Augustus Caesar, Hannibal

Not sure I like that list of famous INTJs particularly much. So much for being impressed.

Goodnight!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

ISFJ

Personality: ISFJ
      Variant: Assertive
      Role: Sentinal

The ISFJ personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though possessing the Feeling (F) trait, ISFJs have excellent analytical abilities; though Introverted (I), they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are a Judging (J) type, ISFJs are often receptive to change and new ideas. As with so many things, people with the ISFJ personality type are more than the sum of their parts, and it is the way they use these strengths that defines who they are.

ISFJs are true altruists, meeting kindness with kindness-in-excess and engaging the work and people they believe in with enthusiasm and generosity.

There's hardly a better type to make up such a large proportion of the population, nearly 13%. Combining the best of tradition and the desire to do good, ISFJs are found in lines of work with a sense of history behind them, such as medicine, academics and charitable social work.

ISFJ personalities (especially Turbulent ones) are often meticulous to the point of perfectionism, and though they procrastinate, they can always be relied on to get the job done on time. ISFJs take their responsibilities personally, consistently going above and beyond, doing everything they can to exceed expectations and delight others, at work and at home.

WE MUST BE SEEN TO BE BELIEVED

The challenge for ISFJs is ensuring that what they do is noticed. They have a tendency to underplay their accomplishments, and while their kindness is often respected, more cynical and selfish people are likely to take advantage of ISFJs' dedication and humbleness by pushing work onto them and then taking the credit. ISFJs need to know when to say no and stand up for themselves if they are to maintain their confidence and enthusiasm.

Naturally social, an odd quality for Introverts, ISFJs utilize excellent memories not to retain data and trivia, but to remember people, and details about their lives. When it comes to gift-giving, ISFJs have no equal, using their imagination and natural sensitivity to express their generosity in ways that touch the hearts of their recipients. While this is certainly true of their coworkers, whom people with the ISFJ personality type often consider their personal friends, it is in family that their expressions of affection fully bloom.

IF I CAN PROTECT YOU, I WILL

ISFJ personalities are a wonderful group, rarely sitting idle while a worthy cause remains unfinished. ISFJs' ability to connect with others on an intimate level is unrivaled among Introverts, and the joy they experience in using those connections to maintain a supportive, happy family is a gift for everyone involved. They may never be truly comfortable in the spotlight, and may feel guilty taking due credit for team efforts, but if they can ensure that their efforts are recognized, ISFJs are likely to feel a level of satisfaction in what they do that many other personality types can only dream of.

Famous ISFJs

David Petraeus, Robert E. Lee, George H.W. Bush, Mitt Romney, Queen Elizabeth II, Rosa Parks, Mother Teresa, Christopher Walken, 50 Cent, Anthony Hopkins, Tiger Woods, Johnny Carson, Kristi Yamaguchi, Nancy Reagan, Laura Bush

ISFJs are known to lean to the right politically. Thats quite evident when you look at famous ISFJs.
      Last edited by kingelway7; 09-30-2014, 05:32 PM.
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

BroncosDivision we must be cousins.

I'm a ENTJ.
        Assertive
        Analyst

I am "one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your strategic thinking skills, self-confidence and leadership abilities."
        http://www.16personalities.com/entj-personality

Yada, yada.... I don't care much for my famous ENTJs either BroncosDivision....

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

INTJ

I've done this test before and I'm surprised one of the first people who did it here matched!

Comment

Took the test again, went through it carefully and I still check out as INTJ, same variant and role. I've read everything and a lot of it is true but it's not a perfect match.

Match:
            - Will this work? I can spend hours, days even on little details, assuring myself it's worth it in the end. Every thing I do, I go into details like I'm starting a company
            - Independence in all almost any situation (if I consider a person my buddy, I expect him to know and not have it confirmed by me calling every day, same with girlfriends etc)
            - Way too curious
            - Broad knowledge (anyone can act smart on the internet, it's irl you can tell the difference where you can't google everything before you answer)
            - Depth preferred (but I don't mind small talk, it can be fun)

Mismatch:
            - Bookworm as a child - I was not. I don't read books at all
            - Share knowledge - I don't do that unless it's required of me and if it is, I take great pride and joy in doing so
            - Dark humor - I like dark humor but I can and do laugh at a lot of things. I have no problem making a fool out of myself (like right now lol)

I also now realize why I like aviation so much, apart from the obvious (flying). A good amount of time goes into calculations and flight planning, programming the FMC, studying WX reports and so on. Fits *NTJ.

I love to read long statistical reports, study world maps, geography, architecture/floor plans and that stuff. Come to think of it, I prefer sports with statistical data over other sports. Elias Sports Bureau FTW!

But does all of the above make a person INTJ? Not so sure about that. A hybrid between INTJ/ENTJ perhaps? I feel more extraverted than INTJ would let me be. According to the test, I'm introverted by 2%. In other words, neutral.

From the profile overview

The challenge is finding partners who share those same values - though Intuitive (N) types are uncommon, they may be a must for many INTJs, as sharing this trait creates an immediate sense of mutual belonging. Having one or two balancing traits, such as Extraversion (E), Feeling (F), or Prospecting (P) can help to keep a relationship dynamic and growth-oriented by keeping INTJs involved with other people, in touch with their emotions, and open to alternate potentials.
            I will take that with me and have dates do a test. Problem solved!

It was fun, I learned a little. Thanks kingelway and a salute to my newfound cousins, azzie and CinnaMunMun (there goes the 2% of the population stat figure)
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
              . Yada, yada.... I don't care much for my famous ENTJs either BroncosDivision....
              Haha, I know right. Scary list but at least yours' a little better.
              Adopted Poster
              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

INFP

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your poetic nature, intuitive skills and pure, childlike enthusiasm.

INFP personality

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type - but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration...

We Know What We Are, But Know Not What We May Be

At their best, these qualities enable INFPs to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. The strength of this intuitive communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous INFPs are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to INFPs, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.
                INFPs have a talent for self-expression, revealing their beauty and their secrets through metaphors and fictional characters...

Listen to Many People, But Talk to Few

Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, INFPs will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause - spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for INFPs’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook...

Famous INFPs:
                William Shakespeare
                J.R.R. Tolkien
                Björk
                Johnny Depp
                Julia Roberts
                Lisa Kudrow
                Tom Hiddleston
                Homer
                Virgil

Comment

ENFJ

Personality

Everything you do right now ripples outward and affects everyone. Your posture can shine your heart or transmit anxiety. Your breath can radiate love or muddy the room in depression. Your glance can awaken joy. Your words can inspire freedom. Your every act can open hearts and minds.

— David Deida

ENFJs are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, ENFJs take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

Firm Believers In The People

People are drawn to strong personalities, and ENFJs radiate authenticity, concern and altruism, unafraid to stand up and speak when they feel something needs to be said. They find it natural and easy to communicate with others, especially in person, and their Intuitive (N) trait helps people with the ENFJ personality type to reach every mind, be it through facts and logic or raw emotion. ENFJs easily see people's motivations and seemingly disconnected events, and are able to bring these ideas together and communicate them as a common goal with an eloquence that is nothing short of mesmerizing.

The interest ENFJs have in others is genuine, almost to a fault - when they believe in someone, they can become too involved in the other person's problems, place too much trust in them. Luckily, this trust tends to be a self-fulfilling prophesy, as ENFJs' altruism and authenticity inspire those they care about to become better themselves. But if they aren't careful, they can overextend their optimism, sometimes pushing others further than they're ready or willing to go.

ENFJs are vulnerable to another snare as well: they have a tremendous capacity for reflecting on and analyzing their own feelings, but if they get too caught up in another person's plight, they can develop a sort of emotional hypochondria, seeing other people's problems in themselves, trying to fix something in themselves that isn't wrong. If they get to a point where they are held back by limitations someone else is experiencing, it can hinder ENFJs' ability to see past the dilemma and be of any help at all. When this happens, it's important for ENFJs to pull back and use that self-reflection to distinguish between what they really feel, and what is a separate issue that needs to be looked at from another perspective.

...The Struggle Ought Not To Deter Us From The Support Of A Cause We Believe To Be Just

ENFJs are genuine, caring people who talk the talk and walk the walk, and nothing makes them happier than leading the charge, uniting and motivating their team with infectious enthusiasm.

People with the ENFJ personality type are passionate altruists, sometimes even to a fault, and they are unlikely to be afraid to take the slings and arrows while standing up for the people and ideas they believe in. It is no wonder that many famous ENFJs are US Presidents - this personality type wants to lead the way to a brighter future, whether it's by leading a nation to prosperity, or leading their little league softball team to a hard-fought victory.

Famous ENFJs:

Barack Obama
                  Abraham Lincoln
                  Ronald Reagan
                  Oprah Winfrey
                  William Cullen Bryant
                  Abraham Maslow
                  Sean Connery
                  Ben Affleck
                  Francois Mitterrand
                  Tommy Lee Jones
                  Michael Jordan
                  Matthew McConaughey
                  John Cusack
                  “Daenerys” from Game of Thrones

This is quite flattering......maybe I did the test wrong???
                  Last edited by CanDB; 10-01-2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    This is quite flattering......maybe I did the test wrong???
                    Embrace it!

You are now the Prime Minister of Canada. Can I be your Colin Powell? If I may, we should put an embargo on pork to United States and close the borders.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                      Embrace it!

You are now the Prime Minister of Canada. Can I be your Colin Powell? If I may, we should put an embargo on pork to United States and close the borders.
                      Ha ha.......yes Kasper, I have a sweet position open for you, whichever one you want. And we need an INTJ!!!!!

Based on what I know about you, your MBTI is a pretty solid fit, although I don't see you the way they describe the "weaker" aspects of the personality.

Now, not to be too full of myself, but maybe there's a reason I got the nod here for potential Presidency. After all, our annual awards is 100% iron clad for accuracy, and the categories are extremely serious!! You see, soon Canada and The US will unite, and I may have a real shot then.....and if so, I'm going to push for Denmark as well!:thumb: (There are a few more countries I am thinking about......Wales for sure......we need Jawsie).

Comment

Just a comment or two on the MBTI.....

I think it's cool to understand yourself and others. I would not dwell on the findings however, rather than, go with the flow of life as you understand it. Remember, the test is only a reflection on how you answered. For that matter, you are who you are, and I would not try to change too much, especially at any one time. Sure, if you have some shortcomings and the results of this test verify it, why not have a plan in mind, with well-defined action items. And to be sure, some things about us that we aren't crazy about, others really like. For example, sometimes being the one who takes a stand on something when few others will, can be hard to do.....as it exposes you to the masses for who you are, and it is not easy to accept critiquing and such as a result. But if that is your make up, and others come to you because they believe you stand up for the right reasons, most of the time anyway, perhaps you should consider carrying on with that personality trait. That's just one quick example.

Further, different personalities make for good companions, as partners in life, and as partners at work and other places. My best years career-wise were when I teamed up with other folks, who as I look back, had different personalities and skills than I did. We complemented each other. And we knew who was better at what. Those years were amazingly fun and successful for me. Had I been in different partnerships, I doubt we would have accomplished nearly as much.

And yes, my wife and I are different people. She is the nicer one, and she has so many good traits that I don't have. But it works.

Comment

They don't have AWESOME therefore they can't correctly label me

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

It just kept coming up with :thumb:

Ok.... ISFJ
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              It just kept coming up with :thumb:

Ok.... ISFJ
                              Same here.

Turbulent and Sentinel.
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                              X