Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention

    I love this saying. I believe it's very accurate, and telling. When faced with a need, we humans are darn good at dealing with them. In fact, when we focus on items, we have an amazing ability to magnify the situation and it's resolution. Just think about any story you are aware of about a person or group that has to survive through the worst possible conditions......we are better built than we even know.

    So folks, we have opportunities. I've always believed, if you want to be rich and famous, invent one little thing that most people want. I know, easy to say. But really, most of us have some creativity. And most of us have probably thought of something, for a moment at least, that would enrich this world.....even if just for a select group.

    So if we follow that path of thinking....next time you say to yourself, "this could be better".....start working on it. Seriously. Each time it happens, write it down and start a plan. You can be assured that if you feel a need, many others are feeling it too. They too want what you may be able to create for them. And it might be the simplest of things. Maybe just a support, or a part, or a process.

    Hey, I know I have not answered the bell on this yet, but in my own way, I've adjusted accordingly. I just haven't taken it to the next level, partly because I didn't have the drive and determination. I hope you can, and you do. Of course, you'll be so rich and famous, you might forget us here.

  • #2
    Ooops.....I misspelled "Necessity"......I think the mods can help me on this one.

    Comment


    • #3
      ................I think we should stop changing the clocks twice a year.....but they keep doing it anyways....

      fall back 1/2 hour then LEAVE IT....
      Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 10-06-2014, 03:10 PM. Reason: fergot a word..

      Comment


      • #4
        The Mothers of Invention, one of my favorite bands. They did a poster for MADD entitled "Mothers Against Drunk Driving"; it had a photo of them: Aynsley Dunbar et al. It's been a while since I have seen it. There used to be one in the training room. Dr. John might have been on it, too. He played with the Mothers from time to time.
        Last edited by samparnell; 10-06-2014, 03:08 PM.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

        Comment


        • #5
          I grew tired of people (the mailman, the neighbors, the bratty kids) running/walking/playing in my front yard, so I put a lovely garden fence up on the front and side- not a big or tall fence, mind you, just one that reached my knee and would hopefully discourage people from trampling my newly-sown grass seed.

          HA HA HA! Did that work?? NO.


          So "necessity" became a mother and I planted some fake land mines....just to get their attention....

          .

          .

          .

          .

          just kidding, that's illegal.
          sigpic
          2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

          Comment


          • #6
            We broke some paddles in a boat when we were younger and between the fising line, our shirts and some pvc we disassembled that was in the boat, we made a sail and got home.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

            Comment


            • #7
              I HIGHLY disagree. 90% of what this country needs hasn't been invented, yet
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
                I grew tired of people (the mailman, the neighbors, the bratty kids) running/walking/playing in my front yard, so I put a lovely garden fence up on the front and side- not a big or tall fence, mind you, just one that reached my knee and would hopefully discourage people from trampling my newly-sown grass seed.

                HA HA HA! Did that work?? NO.


                So "necessity" became a mother and I planted some fake land mines....just to get their attention....

                .

                .

                .

                .

                just kidding, that's illegal.
                but "necessary".......



                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  I HIGHLY disagree. 90% of what this country needs hasn't been invented, yet
                  with what?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    with what?
                    That we humans are darn good at inventing things that we need
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      That we humans are darn good at inventing things that we need
                      If all we have is ourselves to compare with good or bad is kind of meaningless, no?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        If all we have is ourselves to compare with good or bad is kind of meaningless, no?
                        To quote my brother, "All humans are monkeys."
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This kind of got even more interesting. Well then, as a fellow monkey I am going to invent something soon. Maybe a banana gps.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X