I Refresh At The U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Refresh At The U

I've mentioned this before, but my place to work out / unwind / get my thoughts in order is the University that I am an alumni with. I love it there! Good, discounted rates for the gym and associated facilities, and a great atmosphere in general. This after all, is a place of higher learning, and that type of environment makes any place a special one. For me, just walking around the campus gives a sense of well-being, and of course, brings back many memories of my days (make that years) earning my degree. It is not only stimulating, but I always feel safe walking in and outside of the facilities.

So, usually three times a week I go for a good work out, finished off with a nice sauna and cool shower. And though I tend not to socialize much (not nearly as much as I usually do, as I come here on a mission) I do have some good conversations with folks from time to time.....sometimes even in the sauna when some of us get going on an interesting topic.

Though I am well into my post hard working / higher anxiety career days, I still find that the U experience is healthy for me, as I clear my mind of things that are causing some concern. It also still enables me to think through things more clearly and creatively. In fact, many of my best job ideas and speeches were born in the locker room, in that period of time between my work out and leaving the facility. And of course there's the obvious healthy aspect of working out, followed up with a good sauna.

As for the process of new folks arriving each and every year, it makes for an ever-changing look and feel to the place. It alone keeps things fresh.

And I've read that the younger generation (those 18 and under) are making this world proud. Apparently this is one of, if not the finest group of people to come along. They've been described as productive, innovative, ethical, and definitely able to make positive change. I find that exciting! It makes the future a little less uncertain, in a good way. And yes, each year I will see them arrive at The U. So cool!

One more thing.....there's the added benefit of "noticing" how attractive our ladies are! My eyes are still pretty good.

And U?

(as in....where do you refresh?)

Comment

When I need to refresh, I go for a walk… I prefer more strenuous ones to clear my head, but that's what I do more so than where I go.
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

I am with Sophia on this one. I take my dog for a walk. Usually around 3-4 times a week unless it is cold or bad weather, then I ride a stationary bike and exercise in my basement. Starting the Insanity program as soon as it gets cold.
        sigpic

Comment

Just love the word "refresh". Just thinking about it,

refreshes me.

Comment

I listen to music and fly. That's my safety blanket if you will. I also love going to the beach for a quick skinny dip in the summer months. Very liberating and just a wonderful feeling, absolutely love it.

Second the notion of long walks. Admittedly, I don't do it very often any longer but it's still something I enjoy. Long walks in the hills at the beaches or forests where it's peaceful. Years ago, my old man and I would pick up an old lady's Greenland Dog every lazy Sunday and take it for 10-15 km walks.

F5
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
              I listen to music and fly. That's my safety blanket if you will. I also love going to the beach for a quick skinny dip in the summer months. Very liberating and just a wonderful feeling, absolutely love it.

Second the notion of long walks. Admittedly, I don't do it very often any longer but it's still something I enjoy. Long walks in the hills at the beaches or forests where it's peaceful. Years ago, my old man and I would pick up an old lady's Greenland Dog every lazy Sunday and take it for 10-15 km walks.

F5
              You know someone will be asking for proof don't you?

:dance: (notice you can't see below this dude's head)

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

:dance: (notice you can't see below this dude's head)

Good thing too!
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                  I am with Sophia on this one. I take my dog for a walk. Usually around 3-4 times a week unless it is cold or bad weather, then I ride a stationary bike and exercise in my basement. Starting the Insanity program as soon as it gets cold.
                  Me and you live in such opposite climates, Rancid. I can't wait for winter so I can get out and go hike, and I'm stuck in doors most the summer. I'll still go in the summer but stick to taking the dogs around the block usually, since am leary of all the snakes and critters even more than the heat that time of year.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                  Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                  Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                  Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Ah. Now I understand the point of this thread....at first I thought it was all about the U.

sigpic
                    2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

:dance:

Your PM Inbox need's some emptying
                      Denver Broncos
                      New York Yankees
                      New York Knicks
                      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                        Your PM Inbox need's some emptying
                        Ha ha.....I'm a bit of a hoarder. Some interesting pms over the years!! BTW....I just saw your latest. Response by tonight.:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                        X