At Some Point A New Look Becomes An Old Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Some Point A New Look Becomes An Old Look

We bought a new vehicle recently. I am not the type to buy new, but thought it appropriate this time for a number of reasons. New comes with some concerns.....like the first scratch or dent, which is inevitable. I joke, but why not make a tiny scratch just to get it over with!!

For me, there is a perfect time somewhere along the way, when the vehicle is broken in (not broken in from a theft perspective!!!). It has a few blemishes, but fits like a glove if you get my drift. It feels good.

The new look to old look crosses all borders. Like fashion. Like most merchandise. We crave new and better. Then again, some folks hang on to a style for decades. Some dudes never change the way they cut their hair. Same goes for sports, etc.....some are still using "woods" off the tee. And when I say a wood, it is made of....WOOD!

Sometimes old looks become new again. If you wait long enough, it will become retro or stylish again. Hey, anything to lead the pack, so why not bring back something if you can write a book about it, or appear like you've invented something different?

Then again, in many cases a look just keeps on looking good. For men, you can't go wrong with a navy suit. No matter what style is in, a navy suit with a nice white shirt and perhaps a tie, makes for a very professional look. Mind you, I no longer wear suits, other than for special occasions. But when I buy my next one, I might just buy a navy one.

This transitional thing can also apply to the people we meet. Sometimes the freshness of a new relationship succumbs to the drop off when the newness fades. But then again, if you are lucky in life, you will find those whose "old look" makes you feel just as good as their new one. You see, perhaps what's inside a person never really grows old, because it clearly overrides that test.

I feel ya Can.

It's always great to have nice new things. Shiny and bright. Or in the case of my TV's larger as well.

But it's also nice to have that nostalgia of the old. A hat that's 15 years old and you can see the sweat around the brim. The sentimental value of a house you have lived in for 30-40 years and watched the kids grow up in (though I haven't done this one yet).

But as far as New transitioning to old it's odd how I had a 50 inch plasma for years that I loved. Upgraded to a 60 and now I want nothing to do with the 50 inch. Even though it's in great shape.

But like you said with relationships the key is to not let some of the old fade away. Find ways to make them seem new again.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      I feel ya Can.

It's always great to have nice new things. Shiny and bright. Or in the case of my TV's larger as well.

But it's also nice to have that nostalgia of the old. A hat that's 15 years old and you can see the sweat around the brim. The sentimental value of a house you have lived in for 30-40 years and watched the kids grow up in (though I haven't done this one yet).

But as far as New transitioning to old it's odd how I had a 50 inch plasma for years that I loved. Upgraded to a 60 and now I want nothing to do with the 50 inch. Even though it's in great shape.

But like you said with relationships the key is to not let some of the old fade away. Find ways to make them seem new again.
      Nice one DB. FTR, I was lucky to get a new vehicle. My part time job at a car dealership provides some appealing incentives to do so. The semi retirement job pays badly, but there are a few perks!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Nice one DB. FTR, I was lucky to get a new vehicle. My part time job at a car dealership provides some appealing incentives to do so. The semi retirement job pays badly, but there are a few perks!
        A new Elway in the making?
        Adopted Poster
        AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
          A new Elway in the making?
          You got it bud......start at the bottom and work your way up! I see I also missed the Hall Of Fame Quarterback part as well!!

Comment

Working...
          X