Thanks For Playing The Canadian National Anthem Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks For Playing The Canadian National Anthem Last Night

It was a very much appreciated act last night in Pittsburgh, when the Canadian National Anthem was performed before the game, even though no Canadian teams were playing. Having said that, many of the players, management and supporting staff have Canadian roots.

I am not surprised, given our tight relationship as neighbours and partners. But it did not go unnoticed.

As for Canada, we woke up stronger today than yesterday, if not for losing one special young soldier. Bless him.

What game Dave? Did I miss something here?
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Sad news yesterday indeed.........

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
        What game Dave? Did I miss something here?
        A gunmen killed a Canadian soldier, who was standing guard at The National War Memorial in our capital - Ottawa, and proceeded to The Parliament building, where our government was meeting, and was subsequently stopped and killed before he could do more damage. It was an incredibly strange sight, seeing a video within Parliament, where many Canadians have visited, and hearing 30 or more shots being fired. If and when I visit again, it will have a different meaning as a result.

The question now is, was it a lone attack, or were others involved? I will leave it there. Not the place to get into detail. But I just wanted to say thanks to those who showed concern and respect for our situation.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          A gunmen killed a Canadian soldier, who was standing guard at The National War Memorial in our capital - Ottawa, and proceeded to The Parliament building, where our government was meeting, and was subsequently stopped and killed before he could do more damage. It was an incredibly strange sight, seeing a video within Parliament, where many Canadians have visited, and hearing 30 or more shots being fired. If and when I visit again, it will have a different meaning as a result.

The question now is, was it a lone attack, or were others involved? I will leave it there. Not the place to get into detail. But I just wanted to say thanks to those who showed concern and respect for our situation.
          I want to second that. The compassion and caring that was shown by the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia hockey organizations that chose to sing the Canadian National Anthem before their hockey games last night was heart warming and greatly appreciated. I am one Canadian that is very happy we live next to the US...like all neighbors we have our differences but when the chips are down we certainly know how to support one another. Thanks everyone.
          Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

Oh wow, I did not hear about that.

Thoughts are with the young soldier's family, terrible. I'm glad the gunman was killed, this world..
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Larryh View Post
              I want to second that. The compassion and caring that was shown by the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia hockey organizations that chose to sing the Canadian National Anthem before their hockey games last night was heart warming and greatly appreciated. I am one Canadian that is very happy we live next to the US...like all neighbors we have our differences but when the chips are down we certainly know how to support one another. Thanks everyone.
              Well said bro!

Comment

As a native to a city merely a 10min drive from Canada, it was a shocking moment. Yeah we live in a dangerous and deadly world. But a nation so peaceful with beautiful people from each corner of the country. It's not something you could ever think of happening.

Kevin Vickers is a hero, who knows what more damage could have been done if not for him taking out the animal that looked to kill innocents.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  As a native to a city merely a 10min drive from Canada, it was a shocking moment. Yeah we live in a dangerous and deadly world. But a nation so peaceful with beautiful people from each corner of the country. It's not something you could ever think of happening.

Kevin Vickers is a hero, who knows what more damage could have been done if not for him taking out the animal that looked to kill innocents.
                  Thanks IB for the kind words.

Very good point about Vickers. He took control and quite possibly saved (many) lives.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 10-23-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks IB for the kind words.

Very good point about Vickers. He took control and quite possibly saved (many) lives.
                    Always welcome Can, nobody knows the bond Canada has with Detroit more than natives of both lands.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Very sad news, I'm very glad they played it. I prayed for Canada last night. Sorry it has hit your country too.
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                        Very sad news, I'm very glad they played it. I prayed for Canada last night. Sorry it has hit your country too.
                        Thanks bud!

If anything, it brings our patriotism to an even higher level, if that's possible.

Comment

to the "True north strong and free".
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X