Moving out of City for a Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving out of City for a Job

So I'm kind of nervous because I've never lived outside of the Springs before and all my connections are in the Springs, but I'm thinking about trying to get a job in Boulder and go to CU Boulder to study law while working full-time.

What's it like to move to a new city? I've heard it can be terrifying the first time its done and I want some knowledge, tips, and advice you might have for me so I'm not going in blind. The nice thing is that at least I'm not moving out of state so everyone is still a native Coloradoan.

Oh, cost of living too that might be a problem...I've reportedly heard that living in Boulder is way more experience than living just about anywhere else in Colorado. Hopefully I can make this work. :/
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
    So I'm kind of nervous because I've never lived outside of the Springs before and all my connections are in the Springs, but I'm thinking about trying to get a job in Boulder and go to CU Boulder to study law while working full-time.

What's it like to move to a new city? I've heard it can be terrifying the first time its done and I want some knowledge, tips, and advice you might have for me so I'm not going in blind. The nice thing is that at least I'm not moving out of state so everyone is still a native Coloradoan.

Oh, cost of living too that might be a problem...I've reportedly heard that living in Boulder is way more experience than living just about anywhere else in Colorado. Hopefully I can make this work. :/
    Did you really mean study law while working full time? That sounds tough to me, but what do I know. How about studying while working part time? Or is it a financial issue? No matter, wish you well.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post

Look at places to live in Longmont.
      I really like Cheese.

Comment

it wont be bad. i live in the mountains but am going to school in the springs.

it will take some adjustment but that happens when you move.

springs isnt far at all from boulder. as some have said check longmont and surrounding area for living
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          it wont be bad. i live in the mountains but am going to school in the springs.

it will take some adjustment but that happens when you move.

springs isnt far at all from boulder. as some have said check longmont and surrounding area for living
          Thanks! I just found a new job in the Springs so I'm excited about that. I'm working at Staples so that should tide me over until I've graduated from college.

Worst comes to worst I can always apply at the Best Buy down in Boulder, I hear they are always hiring. Or become a pot dealer, that's all the rage now that it's legal in gold old Colorado.
          sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Working...
          X