Some Of My Old Friends.......Aren't People Or Pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Of My Old Friends.......Aren't People Or Pets

I was thinking about how well my old, skinny, black gloves have served me through a number of brutal winters. We of the -40 and below wind chill (Celsius or Fahrenheit), at times. But these thin little gloves have done an amazing job for me, even if they are not meant for long term exposure. As I take a careful inspection of them, I still marvel at their toughness, warmth and best of all, protection.... for me.:thumb:

I have written about this before, but I am not the best dresser when in the confines of my own home. I am big on older, softer, well worn, loose fitting clothes.....often sweat pants or beaten jeans, or (sorry about this) hoodies, or a closet full of skin friendly items that I would not wear outside of our residence. These have become old friends. They give me comfort. What else can we ask for, from a piece of cloth so to speak?

When I was big into career, back when suits and ties were important, I did love some of my business clothes. For me, nothing could top a navy suit with a crisp, white shirt, complemented with a trendy tie. I actually believe that I did better in my career because of my wardrobe, even though it wasn't excessive. After all, I needed an edge of some sort to counter-balance my weaker spot between the ears! But as soon as I got home (way back when), if I didn't have to go out, you know what clothes I had in mind. Old friends!

In that regard, it sure is nice getting a bit older, because there is no need to wear tight clothes, not like I did when I was young. Loose is cool!

Yes, I have other of these "old friends". Like an evening sunset nearby the river, under a beautiful, huge prairie sky. Then there's those trusty trees, mind you they are alive, that continue to stand stoically inspite of all the weather they have to endure. Or what about that old coffee cup, that amazes as it always gives off just the right taste, year after year. Maybe it's that nicely broken in bed or couch, that is as custom made as anything one can imagine. Or a slightly bent frying pan that you have precise knowledge of when it comes to preparing different foods. I could go on.

So, do you have any of these old friends? Feel free to elaborate. I'm listening. I like to think I am an "old" friend.

I've had this custom fit hard back brace that I've had since my first back surgery when I was 16. Don't go on long trips without, because without it it would be miserable. It's gonna help my other new friend I got today, my CDL A driving permit. Got a 92 on the test, so as long as I pass the driving test I should be driving soon and paying off all my debt and getting back into the black.

A drive into the backcountry when I'm feeling down always helped me. Love the area where I live.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
      I've had this custom fit hard back brace that I've had since my first back surgery when I was 16. Don't go on long trips without, because without it it would be miserable. It's gonna help my other new friend I got today, my CDL A driving permit. Got a 92 on the test, so as long as I pass the driving test I should be driving soon and paying off all my debt and getting back into the black.

A drive into the backcountry when I'm feeling down always helped me. Love the area where I live.
      It all sounds good my friend!:thumb:

Comment

I live just above where the Arctic Circle starts and I have had this pair of rubber boots with thick felt lining for about 15 years. Those boots have gotten me through more snow drifts than I can count. I don't know what I would do without them. BTW: It is -4 degrees here today and we only have about 2 feet of snow on the ground....absolutely balmy I would say
        Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryh View Post
          I live just above where the Arctic Circle starts and I have had this pair of rubber boots with thick felt lining for about 15 years. Those boots have gotten me through more snow drifts than I can count. I don't know what I would do without them. BTW: It is -4 degrees here today and we only have about 2 feet of snow on the ground....absolutely balmy I would say
          Whoa.....nothing beats a great pair of warm, winter boots!!!

Comment

Some Of My Old Friends.......Aren't People Or Pets

These 2 songs come to mind(albeit I don't play guitar....)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                These 2 songs come to mind(albeit I don't play guitar....)

Thx for posting a good ole canuck (Neil Young).....especially one who lived some important youthful years right here.....in the "Peg".

:thumb:

Comment

I have this pair of Brookstone slippers with memory foam and I live in them when not exercising or dressed for work. Not sure what I would do without them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    I have this pair of Brookstone slippers with memory foam and I live in them when not exercising or dressed for work. Not sure what I would do without them.
                    Those are what I call "good friends"! Think of the comfort they have provided you.

:thumb:

Comment

Logged 1,650 miles my first 3 days on the job. The back brace has helped a bunch.

Now I just can't wait to get my own truck in a month so I can listen to my music. My music collection, playlists and anything that lets me play them are some of my good old friends too.
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X