Question for the ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the ladies

A friend of mine got into a discussion about whether it's okay for a guy to call a girl "Baby girl".She says it's gross and disgusting and all women hate it. While I said some girls like it and I think of it more as a term of affection than an incestuous type thing so I was wondering what do women think about it.
    I hate it.
    66.67%
    I like it.
    33.33%
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

I don't mind it. I'm not much of a feminist, though, so maybe that's why. I don't mind being called "dude", either.

One of the main characters on Criminal Minds (TV show) calls another character "Baby Girl" all the time.

My suggestion? If a person takes offense to a phrase or word, don't use it with her. Makes life easier.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I think it's adorable when my husband calls me that. Any other guy try to call me that? Not so adorable. LOL
      Married to the most amazing member on this board Broncoholic JS.

Comment

I agree with Broncoholic MS, it depends who uses it.

Comment

I wasn't supposed to vote was I?

Comment

I am going to do some field research and call every woman I see "Baby Girl" and see what kind of responses I get.

So far, the mail lady cracked a smile, but grandma said, "oh honey I'm no baby".
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
              I am going to do some field research and call every woman I see "Baby Girl" and see what kind of responses I get.

So far, the mail lady cracked a smile, but grandma said, "oh honey I'm no baby".
              hahaha.... this made me chortle. I'm sure this experiment will go about as well as the lady that walked down the streets of NY (I think it was NY) with a camera nearby counting how many times she got cat called. When you are done with your research, please report back with some sweet graphical representations of the data.

Comment

Working...
              X