X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    I've bolded our similarities. The other mods would probably not agree, but I am a quiet person.

I was on a racing MB that died when the driver "retired". On that site, we collected money twice for members. Once when fires almost took this guy's ranch (CA) and when a lady's husband unexpectedly died. We've cried, laughed and shared our lives with each other. I've met 3 of them in person, one we meet up every year in Dover for the races (NASCAR). I don't do Facebook, but we stay in touch through emails and Christmas cards.
    We see a lot the same from what you bolded. Yeah, people can develop some good friendships on line. I think part of it is just being on the boards that we have the most interest in, there's always common interest with others on the board.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Hot dogs and beer!!!
    Yes:thumb:.....but nothing else with guacamole in it. My wife gave me a bite of her sandwich at The Broncos game, and the guacamole stained my jersey. Mind you, it looked like I had some grass stain on it, making me look more authentic. Yah right!

Someday my friend.....someday!

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    If not, I know I'll catch with you at a Broncos game someday!

:thumb:
    Hot dogs and beer!!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    That would be interesting.... funny enough I am not a doughnut guy....but I can make do :thumb:
    If not, I know I'll catch up with you at a Broncos game someday!

:thumb:
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-16-2015, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    You and Rem and me, at a mini doughnut joint in downtown Winnipeg! (I would prefer the big doughnuts myself, but Rem seems to have a thing for them!!)
    That would be interesting.... funny enough I am not a doughnut guy....but I can make do :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    A lot of great posts in this thread :thumb:
    Donuts with some, danish with another.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I will say that I enjoy online friends as much and maybe more so than those who I know on a physical or everyday basis. Number 1 - I'm kinda quite - and I hate talking on the phone. It seems those I who grow close to like co-workers or neighbors always want to talk face to face or on the phone. For me, I kinda prefer having the option not to talk online instead. To me there are some who I've developed friendships with over the years on line, who I feel close to and consider good friends from what we share.

Before I found this site, there were other sites that I spent a lot of time on. I was sad I lost touch with folks who I talked to everyday on some of those sites. Sad to see the Daily Show forums disappear when they did, as I am that Jon Stewart is saying goodbye to the Show now. Anyhow, I was glad to be able to add some of those folks on Facebook, because I considered them friends and I like putting a face with who I was talking to everyday online as well.

Even if I don't talk to folks from this site elsewhere, and even if I just know them by a user name they are people who I consider a friend who like connecting with or talking to. A lot of folks who I consider friends are not the same people who I would expect to be present if I was in a bad situation, but they're more the people who like corresponding with the most on a regular basis.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

I am not as comfortable online as many others, but that's partly because I am from a different generation, or so I believe. I am cautious about relations. BUT, I have changed some of my stance regarding online connections. And if I was a younger person, I am sure that I would be much more at ease with who I get close with. I also understand that people are making lifelong decisions, based on meeting people in this way. Like anything else, there's usually a good side and another to be careful about.

As I've stated, I have enjoyed this place. Without actually meeting these folks, I have a pretty good idea of who they are and what they are like. Of course I would like to have a little more background, even just watching their reactions and seeing how they behave, face to face. Often what's missing here is the fact that we have to go a little further to package our comments, in terms of our feelings. The smilies help a lot. But gestures and all the body language does play an important part in the communication process. Sometimes I miss the opportunity to take someone aside, and have a really good interaction. It helps minimize miscommunication, and at times, I feel that happens.

So, yes I am blessed to have a group of face to face friends. I've had many decades to build that network I guess. I made them over the course of my life, so one never knows where that next really good friend will come. I say to all, keep yourself open for it. Don't push it, it will happen.

And for the record, you seem like a very nice person.:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    A lot of great posts in this thread :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I once mentioned in a speech that having a really good friend is like winning the lottery. I stand by that.

In my very last career position, I was not excited about the job - though compensated very fairly (and treated very well). But it did one thing I will never forget. You see, at the last stage of my long career, I met someone who has become a permanent buddy. If not for that job change, I would not have made the connection. He's part of one of my breakfast "groups", who I look forward to seeing in a couple of days.

Life's interesting that way. That was a lottery win.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I consider a lot of people here friends. The list of people I would consider friends here is too long to write. I have been lucky enough to meet Frenchy once in Denver and had a couple of failed attempts with others. I believe Facebook is evil I don't connect with people that way. I phone or text, thats how you find me.

I meet people easily but deciding I like them....that's another story....
    You and Rem and me, at a mini doughnut joint in downtown Winnipeg! (I would prefer the big doughnuts myself, but Rem seems to have a thing for them!!)

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    I consider a lot of people here friends. The list of people I would consider friends here is too long to write. I have been lucky enough to meet Frenchy once in Denver and had a couple of failed attempts with others. I believe Facebook is evil I don't connect with people that way. I phone or text, thats how you find me.

I meet people easily but deciding I like them....that's another story....

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    I keep my list of close friends very very short... And often communication falls by the wayside as time goes on, which saddens me in a way, but in the end I always know who I can reach out to in a time of need, whether it be mine or theirs...

I consider myself to be an extremely extroverted introvert, as in I am usually the first to say hello, but if you get anything more than a "same ole same ole" or "yeah, how about them Broncos" from me, you know I trust you as a person.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I will say that I enjoy online friends as much and maybe more so than those who I know on a physical or everyday basis. Number 1 - I'm kinda quite - and I hate talking on the phone. It seems those I who grow close to like co-workers or neighbors always want to talk face to face or on the phone. For me, I kinda prefer having the option not to talk online instead. To me there are some who I've developed friendships with over the years on line, who I feel close to and consider good friends from what we share.

Before I found this site, there were other sites that I spent a lot of time on. I was sad I lost touch with folks who I talked to everyday on some of those sites. Sad to see the Daily Show forums disappear when they did, as I am that Jon Stewart is saying goodbye to the Show now. Anyhow, I was glad to be able to add some of those folks on Facebook, because I considered them friends and I like putting a face with who I was talking to everyday online as well.

Even if I don't talk to folks from this site elsewhere, and even if I just know them by a user name they are people who I consider a friend who like connecting with or talking to. A lot of folks who I consider friends are not the same people who I would expect to be present if I was in a bad situation, but they're more the people who like corresponding with the most on a regular basis.
    I've bolded our similarities. The other mods would probably not agree, but I am a quiet person.

I was on a racing MB that died when the driver "retired". On that site, we collected money twice for members. Once when fires almost took this guy's ranch (CA) and when a lady's husband unexpectedly died. We've cried, laughed and shared our lives with each other. I've met 3 of them in person, one we meet up every year in Dover for the races (NASCAR). I don't do Facebook, but we stay in touch through emails and Christmas cards.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I'll start by saying people my age and younger(23yrs old) take friends for granted. Most think you can treat "Friends" any kind of way and expect them to still by at your side. But if you're treating them like crap how could you expect them to? But this is how people my age and under approach friends. My generation and the younger take friends for granted and always looked confused when there isn't anyone to talk too.

For me I try to stay in contact with as many friends I've met over the years as possible. Even if we go a month or 2 without talking. I always check up on them. One friend and I, have been friends since preschool. We had preschool together, 3rd grade, 4th grade,I think 5th not sure, and 8th grade together. We're like brothers now, even though we now live miles apart.

I do however keep my close friends circle small as I don't trust many people.

As for this site, I'd like to believe I've made friends with a few people. Some I've even added or they added me on Facebook. I talk to Frenchy and Jet regularly on Facebook. Also talk to Venomous DB and Broncoholic JS on there as well from time to time. As well as some other posters, getting to know each other better and off the forum.

A lot of people here are good people who I enjoy talking too and the ones who aren't on facebook or Xbox live like you Can, I consider friend. Same for Fargo, ebsoria, and LordTrychon, whom I am friends with on facebook but we don't talk much.

Even though we don't know each other very well. I feel as if those I named are people who I can look to for advice or whatever, gather some wisdom from. My act on this site has cleaned up a lot since I first joined and as I've said in other threads, I owe that to you Can, Jet, Peanut, LT, and other mods. In that has also bled over into real life as well.
    I consider you a friend as well! And based on those you have recognized in your post, you clearly have a firm grip on the meaning of good people.

I appreciate your kind words IB. You are more mature than you know. And remember there's two sides to this.....us providing a little insight to you, and you doing the same for us.

Stay cool bud!:thumb:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X