Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Writing / Discussing Is Therapeutic....Definitely In Sports!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing / Discussing Is Therapeutic....Definitely In Sports!

I do believe there's a plus when it comes to writing about or discussing / debating those things that are bothering you. I believe it's healthier to get things out than let them burn inside. This is not a deep concept. It has a lot to do with good mental health for starters. And I find that in sports, where there is so much passion and sometimes real pain associated with the outcome of games, writing and discussing can be very therapeutic, often accelerating the process of healing.

Now, there's a negative possibility, that you become a jerk in the way you address these matters. Ha ha, maybe stay away from "smack", if you get my drift. Then again, most of that is in fun, and often allows some instant relief. Just don't let others get to you, because that can present a whole new issue in itself.

Just to show you how passionate some of us become, I was all bent out of shape watching a team I do not like, lose the SB. That's crazy!! I mean, why bother? OK, I guess I liked the other guys even less. Regardless, coming to this board, as well as messaging my family and friends, has brought a lot of calm to this old boy. And I find that process of communication to be useful these days for most matters that tick me off, or get to me. It's the "I understand totally" factor. We're not alone. We all have similar feelings from time to time. And you know what, at the end of the day, most things aren't that bad.

In my long life I've seen mental health issues, as have most people nowadays. Too often these folks just couldn't deal with issues. They were not effective at venting / discussing, or even worse, simply opening up in the first place. I feel for anyone who can not deal with issues. Fortunately, mental health is getting more and more attention, and people are talking freely about it, as they should. Nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing you have to hide. Everyone deserves the opportunity to have a healthy mind.

So folks, get it out, hopefully in a proper way. Hey, feel free to pm me.....if nothing else, I think I can be helpful that way.

Now, if you don't particularly like my way of posting, try not to throw hard objects my way.

I dealt with it by laughing. It felt good to laugh at the Seahawks. I got it off my chest and then I laughed some more.

I thought about Richard Sherman hand-signaling "two-four" and pointing to the scoreboard and I laughed some more.

Last year, I could not laugh when Ramirez snapped the ball over Manning's shoulder. I could not laugh at a lot of things. This year I could; and it felt good. I laughed with friends and family.

Laughter is the best medicine.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
      I dealt with it by laughing. It felt good to laugh at the Seahawks. I got it off my chest and then I laughed some more.

I thought about Richard Sherman hand-signaling "two-four" and pointing to the scoreboard and I laughed some more.

Last year, I could not laugh when Ramirez snapped the ball over Manning's shoulder. I could not laugh at a lot of things. This year I could; and it felt good. I laughed with friends and family.

Laughter is the best medicine.
      No doubts.....laughing and even smiling hit a nice sweet spot in the inner side!

:thumb:

Comment

Based on the response, writing is also "lonely".

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Based on the response, writing is also "lonely".

I'm more of a reader

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            I'm more of a reader
            Thank goodness......someone is out there!

:thumb:

Comment

Working...
            X