Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much has your life changed since you started posting here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much has your life changed since you started posting here?

Hi Everyone!

I was pondering life and it got me thinking about how much my life has changed from the start of when I first posted on these boards to now. When I first started posting here I was literally just a middle school kid who was just needing an outlet to talk about Broncos football with other Broncos fans because I lived in Peyton Manning world via Indiana (ironic that he's playing for us now ). Now I'm a college graduate working at a company I absolutely love doing the things that I've ALWAYS wanted to do..

I'm the marketing manager for a marketing firm and I'm the person in charge of handling marketing projects for dozens upon dozens of our clients' businesses. One of the current projects I'm handling now is actually for a local mixed martial arts event which I am the one formulating and implementing the marketing plans for how to make this fight card BIG which is awesome because we've sold out the past 2 events already. Now I'm the one that is literally taking this MMA promotion to the next level, and it got me thinking about how if it wasn't for these boards I wouldn't be in the situation I'm at now.

My love for sports in general grew exponentially thanks to these boards, and the fact that I'm able to talk about sports with these clients has helped me in ways I couldn't have even imagined. So the fact that I've gone from posting as a middle school child to where I am now is sort of mind blowing to me and it had me feeling SO GRATEFUL for these boards. Sounds like I'm kissing serious ass I know but it's just something I had to say.

Can anyone else relate to this? How much has your life changed since posting here? Has this message board actually helped you in the real world like it has mine?

Cool thread!

My life has changed far less than yours, because I was semi-retired when I first signed up, and am still in that situation. I guess what I am saying is that I was already kinda old when I came here. But it has been an excellent source of information, entertainment and opportunity for me. I enjoy writing and sharing my thoughts, and I also like "meeting" other folks with similar taste.

I never thought I'd have taken this board so seriously.

I would have gone to a Denver game sooner or later (and had already spent some time here on a business trip years ago), but I don't doubt being a member made the trip more likely. I will never forget spending some time here with my wife, and going to my first Broncos game. Interestingly (well, maybe) we had already bought tickets a year before for a different game, and had to cancel due to a kidney stone I "experienced". That was a sad night watching us destroy New Orleans on TV, but we also destroyed The Eagles at the game we went to. As we say, "Just Crush 'Em"!!!

So no, my life's path was not going to change too much, but I sure had a lot of fun here along the way. And I sure got to get closer to a lot of folks I would never had otherwise.

THX GANG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Cool thread!

My life has changed far less than yours, because I was semi-retired when I first signed up, and am still in that situation. I guess what I am saying is that I was already kinda old when I came here. But it has been an excellent source of information, entertainment and opportunity for me. I enjoy writing and sharing my thoughts, and I also like "meeting" other folks with similar taste.

I never thought I'd have taken this board so seriously.

I would have gone to a Denver game sooner or later (and had already spent some time here on a business trip years ago), but I don't doubt being a member made the trip more likely. I will never forget spending some time here with my wife, and going to my first Broncos game. Interestingly (well, maybe) we had already bought tickets a year before for a different game, and had to cancel due to a kidney stone I "experienced". That was a sad night watching us destroy New Orleans on TV, but we also destroyed The Eagles at the game we went to. As we say, "Just Crush 'Em"!!!

So no, my life's path was not going to change too much, but I sure had a lot of fun here along the way. And I sure got to get closer to a lot of folks I would never had otherwise.

THX GANG!!!

Can I remember when you first got into the locker room and you were so excited and I had to be that one person who was a complete jerk to you at that time for absolutely no reason... Never said sorry for that... So sorry!

Going to Denver and to a Broncos game is still on my bucket list from when I started posting here... It's going to happen eventually, I just need to save up!

Comment

Whoa!!! Where to start.....??
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

In 10 years of being a member this board has seen:

Me Move from one job in the City to moving home to be closer to my Mom.
          To the passing of my Mother
          To me meeting my dream girl(s) (Daughter too )
          To getting married to my dream girl
          to adopting my daughter
          To getting a huge promotion

.........and the story continues

This place and many of you on it are just part of my life now....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            In 10 years of being a member this board has seen:

Me Move from one job in the City to moving home to be closer to my Mom.
            To the passing of my Mother
            To me meeting my dream girl(s) (Daughter too )
            To getting married to my dream girl
            to adopting my daughter
            To getting a huge promotion

.........and the story continues

This place and many of you on it are just part of my life now....
            You went Canadian too!!!
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
              You went Canadian too!!!

well I was already one..... but embraced it.....lol
              sigpic

Comment

After I quit coaching in 2006, I continued to study the game and needed a place where I could talk some football since I am mostly surrounded by non-football people. This message board has filled that need.

After I retired from teaching in 2012, I had some major health problems which resulted in me being non-ambulatory for over six months in 2013/14. The message board gave me something to do in my sedentary state, and was helpful for morale.

My Mom passed away in 2012 just before I retired. I had watched at least one SEC game with her every Saturday during football season for thirteen years. The message board has helped there as well.

Now I'm retired and getting my health back, and it's been quite a journey over almost eight years.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

A TON. I never had any Bronco fans to talk to up here in Chicago. I've talked with a lot of cool people and found a way to occupy half my day. I wouldn't trade sharing the 2011 season with you guys for hardly anything
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                    Can I remember when you first got into the locker room and you were so excited and I had to be that one person who was a complete jerk to you at that time for absolutely no reason... Never said sorry for that... So sorry!

Going to Denver and to a Broncos game is still on my bucket list from when I started posting here... It's going to happen eventually, I just need to save up!
                    No problem bud......I am not sure I even remember it, although I think I said something that I probably should have kept to myself. Either way......we're good!!!!:thumb:

Comment

I'm a lot older. My life is completely different. I met the love of my life. Lost my brother. Lost a few good friends. Repaired some relationships ruined some others.

lots of things actually.

I don't even know where to start.
                      sigpic
                      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I generally sleep better now. Had bad breath but that's gone... Can count to 50, though only sometimes. I still often get stuck at 5 or 10. What else? Too many to list.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          I generally sleep better now. Had bad breath but that's gone... Can count to 50, though only sometimes. I still often get stuck at 5 or 10. What else? Too many to list.

I'd like to think we all helped out with that.....that bad breath was awful!
                          sigpic

Comment

Bad breath?

Stick a Dr. Tung's down your mouth

Game changer.

Comment

Well, 3 kids, I've been married now for 10 years (though I was newly married when I started posting) I am about to graduate with an associate degree in Biblical Studies and will start working towards getting a youth ministry degree after that. I've had some pretty big changes overall.

I've also been through several jobs and positions in that time as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X