"I'm Not Gonna Lie" Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm Not Gonna Lie" Day

First, there is no such thing, BUT I think there should be.

I have done favourite saying threads before, and no, I am not going to bump 'em. But today I wanted to pay homage to this saying, or phrase, or whatever, because quite frankly I like it, I like it a lot.

Why?

Well, for one thing, it's not politically correct, or saying "the right thing", if you know what I mean. When people start a sentence with it, I listen closely, because I expect nothing but the truth, and sometimes even more. They are basically opening themselves to whatever comes, because it often has roots from a deeper place. And for me, it often says something about them....as in, this is an important topic, and I want you to know where I stand on it.

And two.....for some reason, it just sounds like someone is levelling with you within the proper parameters, and for me, that's at the top of the communication food chain.

As for an "I'm Not Gonna Lie" Day, just think about how truthful and open that day would be. Not to the point where people are hurting others' feelings and such, but in terms of some pretty standard opinion and feelings about a lot of healthy topics. It would be equivalent to a day of honesty and truth, and man, wouldn't that change the planet!!!

OK......I may gest, but I do love the words. (BTW, "Gonna" can be substituted with the proper words....that's optional). And yes, I see some significant advances that the world could make, just for one day, if we all spoke not only truthfully, but within the confines of friendship and care for others.

:thumb:

I'm not gonna lie. I typed this while at work.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      I'm not gonna lie. I typed this while at work.
      Now don't you feel better for coming clean? Don't thank me EMac.....but go ahead if you want to.

I'm not gonna lie, I believe you did the right thing telling us. But please come straight that it wasn't the most productive thing you did all day at work? (But if it was, if you say "I'm not gonna lie", you will be good in our camp.

Comment

I'm not going to lie, I ate 5 massive tacos and a huge plate of nachos last night by myself. I messed up my stomach so bad I haven't eaten anything but the last taco I saved from yesterday.

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a Broncoholic!!!!

Whew....what a relief getting that off of my chest.
          sigpic

Comment

Whatever happened to "I'm not gonna lie" Life?
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
              I'm not going to lie, I ate 5 massive tacos and a huge plate of nachos last night by myself. I messed up my stomach so bad I haven't eaten anything but the last taco I saved from yesterday.
              I'm not gonna lie, I am staying as far away from you as possible, until your stomach settles!!!

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
              I'm not gonna lie, I'm a Broncoholic!!!!

Whew....what a relief getting that off of my chest.
              You have finally come clean!!!:thumb:

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Whatever happened to "I'm not gonna lie" Life?
              Sam, I'm not gonna lie, I am not sure what that means.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Sam, I'm not gonna lie, I am not sure what that means.
                Thread Title: "I'm Not Gonna Lie" Day

Day, Week, Month, Year, Decade

A Day in the Life

Comment

A Day in the Life
                  So now that the day has passed are we all going back to celebrating lying to each other for the next 364 days?

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, I won the lottery twice last night.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, the parole board said I could be released for good behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        So now that the day has passed are we all going back to celebrating lying to each other for the next 364 days?
                        I guess that depends on which day, and if an extension is possible.

Comment

The only lie I ever tell is when people ask me, "How are you feeling today?" How do you think I feel? 350+ days of my life are the same day over and over
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

A Day in the Life
                            Silly me!!! I'm not gonna lie, I was thinking of something else......which is not a very exciting response on my part.

Comment

As The Beatles say it best.....

Oh I Believe In Yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X