Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    That is a bad teacher.
    I agree. And I agree with the poster who said she should be fired. A teacher should never bully a kid. Shame on her!
    Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
    Kyle: Yeah.
    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
    Cartman: Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
      This story doesn't surprise me. I heard of many stories similar to this while living there the past 3 years. A lot of Seahawks fans in Washington don't realize some people actually cheer for other teams. Most of the feedback I got when wearing my Broncos gear was negative and not in a friendly way.
      You're absolutely right. I have lived in Seattle since 1997 and it has never been accepting of anyone barracking for Denver.

I was in Costco on Sunday morning and there was this lady wearing an Aaron Rodgers jersey. Seattle played and LOST to Green Bay on Sunday night. She didn't receive so much as a sideways glance from Hawk fans.
      I guess there is just something about the Broncos that drive Seattle people crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        That is a bad teacher.
        She might be the best teacher in the world, just ignorant when it comes to acceptance of other people's values. That is far worse than being a bad teacher IMO.

Comment

I have heard of bronco fans that have been egged up here in Washington. There's a reason I only have a steering wheel cover that's blue and orange and not stickers on my cars. Wore my Elway jersey to the store a few times and had some pretty rude remarks.

Comment

Some people are just plain stupid.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by notwithit View Post
              I have heard of bronco fans that have been egged up here in Washington. There's a reason I only have a steering wheel cover that's blue and orange and not stickers on my cars. Wore my Elway jersey to the store a few times and had some pretty rude remarks.
              Show me a football team that doesn't have it own group of nutty fans.

The school did the right thing. They didn't fire the teacher but made clear the school's policy toward students and faculty.

Let's hope she has learned and is better for it.

Case closed, returning to base.

Comment

Anyone know how to get this story to the Broncos? I'm sure with the way Peyton usually writes letters, or handles these things, I would imagine that he and the Broncos would invite this family to a game or something.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  Anyone know how to get this story to the Broncos? I'm sure with the way Peyton usually writes letters, or handles these things, I would imagine that he and the Broncos would invite this family to a game or something.
                  I'll see what I can do. I had started to do send an email yesterday and the computer went nuts. Really. It wasn't me. So it never got sent.

I'll try again later tonight. Computer already did it's weird stuff today, so maybe it's safe now.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    I'll see what I can do. I had started to do send an email yesterday and the computer went nuts. Really. It wasn't me. So it never got sent.

I'll try again later tonight. Computer already did it's weird stuff today, so maybe it's safe now.
                    Thanks so much
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                      I guess there is just something about the Broncos that drive Seattle people crazy.
                      I think it's specifically an Elway thing. I wore my #7 jersey every day of the 2 weeks leading up to SB48 and while most people just ignored me (probably new Seahawk fans unaware of their AFC West history or they didn't recognize my old style Bronco jersey), I got some long hard looks from the old timers...including a cop who was teaching a firearms class I was taking. I asked a question and he said, "I'm happy to answer your question, but I DO NOT like your jersey"

Elway did finish his career 20 - 11 vs the Seahawks, the only team he beat more was the Chargers with a record of 21-10
                      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Poor girl.

You can't buy class nor do you become classy because your favorite team wins a SB.

Pathetic Seattle fans. We have to deal with them and it looks like you guys are still dealing with them.

Comment

Working...
                        X